Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

3 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Yeah down by the changing rooms,the social club on your left as you walk to the ground. 

It's the last entrance on the right .

The segregation’s not enforced though, I’ve noticed the away supports always stick to that end and moan about the facilities, plus the view is pretty crap. If I was an away fan I would edge round to halfway on either side. Maybe somebody from the club will give me stick for saying this but it’s only lge2 ffs, the segregation was necessary at the LC ties and the playoffs.

4 hours ago, headthebaw said:

First time visitor tonight. Is there a separate gate for the away fans?

Edited by The Mantis

• 3 weeks later...

So some sandwiches and a flask of tea made up for some sustenance for the trip to Elgin today. Scarf and glove and big jacket also a necessity. It’s gonna be a long day out. Whilst on about necessities I have added to my hopes for the match.

1) Don’t lose an early goal.

2) Don’t give away cheap penalties 

3) Score more than 1 goal

we still have had no breaks or luck after this weeks 2 matches and I still live in hope that will. change before it’s too late.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

9 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

So some sandwiches and a flask of tea made up for some sustenance for the trip to Elgin today. Scarf and glove and big jacket also a necessity. It’s gonna be a long day out. Whilst on about necessities I have added to my hopes for the match.

1) Don’t lose an early goal.

2) Don’t give away cheap penalties 

3) Score more than 1 goal

we still have had no breaks or luck after this weeks 2 matches and I still live in hope that will. change before it’s too late.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Hope you enjoyed your day out- I've done the trip various ways, via Aberdeen and via Inverness by train and also up the A9 and across by car and it's quite scenic. Considering Edinburgh City (rip) tended to lose up there I was tempted just to stop at Rothes once and watch their game!

Borough Briggs is one of my favourite grounds because it's old fashioned. Also there was the oddity of the stall in the shed only serving chips and if you wanted a pie you had to go to the stall next to the stand.

I see Bonnyrigg have refused to agree to change the matchday v Albion Rovers to avoid a clash with the Scotland v Cyprus game.

Scotland v Cyprus will kick off at 14.00 at Hampden with Rovers v Rose kicking off at 3 meaning it's guaranteed to be a much smaller crowd than normal for one of the biggest games of the season

Bonnyrigg have been a lot more competitive in recent weeks. Unlucky on Saturday not to take home a point. 

Can see them scrapping away to get enough points to stay up.

Straight shootout between them and Albion Rovers.

Open question to Rose fans.

What is your feelings about the main difference between league and non league.

Do you prefer playing in a league with 9 or 15 opponents to watch?

Not a Rose fan either but been at several games anyway. The attendances have been tremendous and the fans that have stood near me have been enjoying the challenge and better standard of opposition, going by their comments. Every game is tense, better than winning 5-0 every week in the LL but of course the novelty hasn’t worn off yet.

On 15/03/2023 at 08:19, HorseyGhirl said:

Open question to Rose fans.

What is your feelings about the main difference between league and non league.

Do you prefer playing in a league with 9 or 15 opponents to watch?

Not my intention to try and 'catch out' any Rose fans just with them having a good sized fan base and experience recently in different size league's wanted to gauge opinion. I noticed that they played Elgin and Albion twice within weeks of the first game and wondered how they felt/reacted to the games.

Fans in particular can have very polarizing views dependent on their own position in the debate. 

Without any intention of sitting on the fence; there isn't a one-size fits all solution for me. 

Know this isn't the place to debate this, just feel that now the pyramid is up and running the powers that be have forgotten about it. The PWG and their like should be meeting regularly to review where the pyramid is and suggest changes/improvements.

There is this mindset in this country; that's how its always been; does not follow then that that mindset is either wrong or right.

Best companies I worked for had regular reviews of working practices etc., some worked some didn't.

Constant review made it possible to change back or tinker with.

Anyways apologies to anyone who reads this and thinks HG you have just made me lose 5 minutes if my life that I can never get back with your inane ramblings.

So back to NDP today as the season gets to the real business end. Great victory at Elgin two weeks ago and heartbreak at the end of the match at Stirling last week. My hopes do not change:-  Don’t lose an early goal (or a late one), no cheap penalties given away, and again we still await some luck , break of the ball and referee decision.

It will be the usual tough game and again I look forward to the match. (After watching the rugby of course)

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹