Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

2 hours ago, lwh said:

Personally would like a flat pitch as a minimum requirement for entry 

Not being funny but cowdenbeath must have one of the most uneven surfaces going and they only dropped out last season! Bonnyrigg aren't perfect but the diddy club chat is horrendous. You have to give them at least a half decent chance to fix the issues. The ground has had major work done over the years and I'm sure if they stay in the league more work will get done

From Bonnyrigg's highlight package its clear as day the Rovers chopped off goal should have stood, its the bonnyrigg player who passes it to the rovers man

I also distinctly remember rovers having more than 5 chances

I've not been impressed by bonnyrigg this season

Can't understand the cowdenbeath fans slagging off new dundas Park though, Central Park is one of the few measurably worse than Cliftonhill, only thing it's central to is the a*** end of the country

Screenshot_20230108_222614_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Chris_the_rover
Update

12 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

I've not been impressed by bonnyrigg this season

No wonder as 9 of your 20 points have come from them!
They seem to blow hot and cold as I’ve seen them win quite comfortably 2 or 3 times, but I suppose most teams in lg2 would say the same. They’re definitely suffering from a lack of quality and creativity though, that’s pretty obvious. 

18 hours ago, lwh said:

Personally would like a flat pitch as a minimum requirement for entry 

The ground and pitch gets a lot of stick but the reality it is a ground that is a typical junior ground which since moving into the Lowland league has had a lot of work and investment but people tend to forget that Bonnyrigg have no backer putting a large amount of cash in and clearly until this season have not had the benefit of the prize money that long standing SPFL clubs have had over a number of years.

I expect they will continue to invest in improvements as they are able to do so given the work in the last 1-2 years. On the flip side of this having been to a number of games home and away what is clear is that most teams in League 2 don’t bring a large away support whereas Bonnyrigg are bringing a decent away support to most games.

I get a lot of long standing league clubs still being against the pyramid system and the threat it brings to them however having seen every team in the league at least once along with a number of grounds I think Bonnyrigg have been a very good addition.

Time will tell whether they are good enough to stay up!

21 minutes ago, Sr2004 said:

The ground and pitch gets a lot of stick but the reality it is a ground that is a typical junior ground which since moving into the Lowland league has had a lot of work and investment but people tend to forget that Bonnyrigg have no backer putting a large amount of cash in and clearly until this season have not had the benefit of the prize money that long standing SPFL clubs have had over a number of years.

A ‘flat’ pitch is an impossibility unless it’s a new build. Otherwise the likes of Motherwell wouldn’t be allowed. The fact is NDP fits the ratio in the entry criteria which I forget now but can easily be looked up. Many of us can remember when all pitches had a camber on them and Easter Road had a drop of 8ft 😎

32 minutes ago, Sr2004 said:

Was my first visit on Saturday, absolutely loved the ground - perfect to watch the game from what ever end you wanted. Give me this over any of the plastic lego stadiums. Also the social club was superb, very jealous of that ! 

8 hours ago, teekasule said:

Was my first visit on Saturday, absolutely loved the ground - perfect to watch the game from what ever end you wanted. Give me this over any of the plastic lego stadiums. Also the social club was superb, very jealous of that ! 

Agreed: great ground, and I thoroughly enjoyed walking round and chatting to several of the locals about football stuff. Brilliant social club; equally jealous of that. Some of the comments on here are beyond arrogant to say the least.

Also worth noting that the crowd was 812: way above any other team in the division. [Crowd at first Bonnyrigg v Rovers was over 1000] Well over 100 from Coatbridge, which is not bad at all. Any team from 3rd to 10th could finish bottom in this ultra-tight league. 

41 minutes ago, Shawheadrover said:

Also worth noting that the crowd was 812: way above any other team in the division. [Crowd at first Bonnyrigg v Rovers was over 1000] Well over 100 from Coatbridge, which is not bad at all. Any team from 3rd to 10th could finish bottom in this ultra-tight league. 

A crowd of 812 while in a relegation fight.  The rest of us can only dream.

1 hour ago, Shawheadrover said:

The bottom team will come from rovers or Bonnyrigg .

8 hours ago, C_titz said:

The bottom team will come from rovers or Bonnyrigg .

Yeah well, perhaps. But Forfar are hardly miles ahead, are they? You have a trip to Cliftonhill in a few weeks of course. Like I said, 3rd to 10th, could be anyone with 5 points of a difference or so. 

On 09/01/2023 at 05:25, The Mantis said:

A ‘flat’ pitch is an impossibility unless it’s a new build. Otherwise the likes of Motherwell wouldn’t be allowed. The fact is NDP fits the ratio in the entry criteria which I forget now but can easily be looked up. Many of us can remember when all pitches had a camber on them and Easter Road had a drop of 8ft 😎

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8470/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2022.pdf, page #29, Bronze Field Criteria:

1:40 gradient, length would be 2.62m over 105m, breadth would be 1.70m over 68m…that’s using the manual “average” pitch size, since I don’t know NDP’s dimensions.

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Sorry lads…

https://www.raithrovers.net/59456/kieran-mitchell-returns.htm

I’d not be optimistic on him getting sent back out to you later either, our squad’s very thin.

That’s very grim reading for Rose fans, unless Robbie has some other irons in the fire.

35 minutes ago, TxRover said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8470/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2022.pdf, page #29, Bronze Field Criteria:

1:40 gradient, length would be 2.62m over 105m, breadth would be 1.70m over 68m…that’s using the manual “average” pitch size, since I don’t know NDP’s dimensions.

Anybody who’s seen the Rose pitch could easily say it exceeds these figures (i.e. steeper), I think they must have scraped into entry level under ‘best practice’ 😜

57 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Dimensions measured on Google maps are 96x61m. If you get bike directions along Dundas Street parallel to the pitch it says a descent of 7ft. I'll let someone work out if that would meet the criteria.

Edited by Ginaro

24 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Dimensions measured on Google maps are 96x61m. If you get bike directions along Dundas Street parallel to the pitch it says a descent of 7ft. I'll let someone work out if that would meet the criteria.

Well 95mx60m is the minimum standard, so that fits.

So, 96m/40=2.4mx1.094=2.6256ydsx3=7.88ft...looks like within standards.

To check, 61m/40=1.525mx1.094=1.67ydsx3=5.01ft