Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

Well it’s back to NDP this afternoon when Elgin City come to town, it seems like only a few weeks ago that we were up at their ground, where we were poor on the day and lost an early goal. We showed a lot more fight and character last week where it was disappointing that we only had 1 shot on goal but scored from it. We have not had much luck in many games this season, hopefully that will change today and again I plead for us to score the first goal of the game, which I am sure will help our confidence.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹🌹

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well done City! :thumsup2

I was beginning to worry that my half time thought of "surely City won't throw away a 3-0 lead" was going to happen...

Me too! Good win and an important win. Don’t want to be negative but I don’t know what is said or goes on at half time but we always seem to start a second half poor. 

Good to see this junior mab struggling. Unless you have money like Cove/Kelty you're just a non league Diddy till proven otherwise. They have been one of the best non league teams for years without a sugar daddy and that same squad are toiling a bit, lost 8 out of last 9. The step up is not quite the given a lot of these non league fans think it might be.

On 05/11/2022 at 17:21, Thom & Gerry said:

Me too! Good win and an important win. Don’t want to be negative but I don’t know what is said or goes on at half time but we always seem to start a second half poor. 

Caught the bus oot with a mate as never been to NDT before. Was a right guid watch.

Had a laugh with the City fan beside us ahen' the goal when the Keeper tried desperately to keep a knock back in...failed...but in trying, disastrously set up Dingwall for a tap-in for 2-0. Cue him and every other defender screaming 'baw wiz oot, Ref' when milliseconds before they'd been saying it wasn't a corner.

From previous comments from Elgin P&B posters I was expecting a second half drop off but not to the extent there was. Expecting an equaliser right up to the end.

2 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Looks like it is the Bonnyrigg keeper who is struggling the most with the step up. This isn't his first hliarious gaffe of the season.

After being a complete twat in both legs of the play off final last season, I’m finding it hard to have any sympathy, and I’m a mild mannered chap usually. He just got right on my wick.

• 4 weeks later...

We’ve been back to our best the last 3 games. Competing and fit. Unlucky not to get 6 pints from 9. Settled down after the change in league. Top 4 still the target. Not seen any decent team in this league. Need to sign a striker in Jan and could do with cover on the left. 

10 hours ago, Red Rose said:

We’ve been back to our best the last 3 games. Competing and fit. Unlucky not to get 6 pints from 9. Settled down after the change in league. Top 4 still the target. Not seen any decent team in this league. Need to sign a striker in Jan and could do with cover on the left. 

2048D7FC-6D4E-4A29-A3AF-353DA5CE831B.jpeg.e7dd282e5b2f80499218dbaf42e75e0b.jpeg

Just thought I'd drop in and say that I really enjoyed my visit on Saturday. Aye NDP clearly needs a bit of work to get it up to league standards, but I'd far rather somewhere like that than Cove's fairly soulless industrial estate stadium. Mind you, if it was pissing down then I'd probably have a different view of things!

I know there have been a fair few digs at Bonnyrigg this season, but I think you guys deserve a bit of credit for going about things in the right way (e.g not firing silly money at chasing a dream). With the support you've got league football should be more than sustainable. Although I reckon you'll be in a relegation fight this season.

For me at least though, Bonnyrigg have been a far better advert for the pyramid than Kelty, Cove and even Edinburgh City. Kelty obviously have a cracking ground and good support and may have found their way up anyway, but have fired crazy money at it. Cove and Edinburgh appear to have quite limited supports and whilst, on the park, have put out some excellent sides, off it I'm not fully sure how sustainable they are. If I could fast forward 20 years I'd be very interested to see how things look.

Excellent highlights as well. All credit to the guys putting the work in on them. A really good quality package.

• 2 weeks later...

Brrr, it’s bloody freezing but that doesn’t stop me making my first journey to Annan. Hopefully we can get a victory and 3pts after a run of 4 draws. We are improving and as Robbie has said over the last few weeks we need a lucky,  jammy break on the field instead of these breaks going against us, we all know what they are so I won’t list mine. Flask filled and sanny made so ready to hit the road now.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Headed along to the match on Friday for my first visit to New Dundas park. Competitive and entertaining game in bad weather. Loved the verbals between the fans and some Stranraer players (mainly Number 2 Robertson).

Rose battled hard for the 3 points which could be vital. 

https://youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

I was in the stand in line with the 6 yard box and I'd say the Stranraer effort crossed the line. Thought the ref was generally poor, blowing the whistle every time a player fell down.

Bonnyrigg clear value in the first half but they tired in the second,if Stranraer had a finisher they'd have been fine as they were getting in behind with their wing play.

First trip to Bonnyrigg, nice social club and fans got behind their team. 

• 2 weeks later...

So after a momentous 2022 for the club we start of the New Year with a match at home against Albion Rovers . No doubt the objectives for this year are different from last. We finished last year unbeaten in 5 so here’s hoping we can continue with that sequence this afternoon. Needle stuck but hope we can get the 1st goal today and see how Rovers react, after all they have scored the first goal in the 2 previous games this season. Gonna be breezy so looking for a victory today and massively help our League position.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹