Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

52 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

The big issue is the hill sprints that you do going from one corner flag to the other. And then from one side of the park to the other. 

Raise the price slightly and get this sorted and its ALOT better. Thats more what im getting at. 

Extra £2 per fan (900 yesterday i saw someone say) £1800 every couple of weeks will cover it for a season (£32,400) for the groundworks to flatten it. 

Stop telling clubs how to spend their money when your own club are blatantly fleecing fans just to stay afloat.

Yes, our prices are high, for this level, but like any club who has dropped down a level, there will be a period of still having league 1 outgoings with only league 2 incomings. We also have had a year with no income due to covid & uncertainty due to rising energy bills. 

The price of a pint, petrol, weekly food bill energy costs etc, have all seen a jump recently & inflation is around 10%, football is no different. As a club without an owner putting any money in, we have to remain self-sufficent. In reality, our only income is through the turnstiles. Would charging £15 a head, put much more on the gate? At this level & economic situation, I'd seriously doubt it.

42 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Would charging £15 a head, put much more on the gate? At this level & economic situation, I'd seriously doubt it.

Thanks for admitting that East Fife decided to fleece the fans who will continue to go to games in this economic situation. 

Edited by The Moonster

17 hours ago, Granty1903 said:

4 portaloos for 900 fans,that’s a disgrace that there’s no proper toilets,that’s over 200 fans per pisser,good luck to the guys that empty that

There are toilets in the home end. Unless you’re saying you had 900 travelling fans mind 😉

23 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

I now see why its so cheap. Whereas, I didn't agree back in the day with what happened to Falkirk & ICT, there needs to be some sort of basic prerequisite before you can get into the league.

Who’da thunk it:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7460/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2021.pdf

Nice to see so many people willing to put themselves forward and wet their pants on Bonnyrigg's behalf.

They pumped us rotten and got it right up us earlier in the season. We're just enjoying being able to return the favour. This is what happens in football.

22 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

If that's the standard of New Dundas Park, idve hated to have seen the previous version! A ground just like Gretna's, only fit for grazing cattle on!

On 16/10/2022 at 10:41, Life on Marrs? said:

If that's the standard of New Dundas Park, idve hated to have seen the previous version! A ground just like Gretna's, only fit for grazing cattle on!

“Maximum allowable : This gives a deviation on a 1:40 over the length FIELD GRADIENT 1:40 over the width Breadth – 1.70m Length – 2.62m”

Seems to easily meet that Bronze or Silver standard, with a side to side slope not exceeding that 1:40 ratio.

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

“Maximum allowable : This gives a deviation on a 1:40 over the length FIELD GRADIENT 1:40 over the width Breadth – 1.70m Length – 2.62m”

Seems to easily meet that Bronze or Silver standard, with a side to side slope not exceeding that 1:40 ratio.

Interesting.  The question surely is that if the gradients were removed, how much of a drop down to the pitch would there be from what used to be the higher level? The critics don't seem to be considering that. Would any stand or terracing on that side have to be demolished and rebuilt to level down to the pitch and resolve that problem?  Would you have to do that to get planning permission?

These East Fife fans haven't thought a thing through.

4 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Interesting.  The question surely is that if the gradients were removed, how much of a drop down to the pitch would there be from what used to be the higher level? The critics don't seem to be considering that. Would any stand or terracing on that side have to be demolished and rebuilt to level down to the pitch and resolve that problem?  Would you have to do that to get planning permission?

These East Fife fans haven't thought a thing through.

Stands/terracing don’t need to be at pitch level.

So another Scottish cup campaign starts today away at Sauchie. By my reckoning this is our 5th consecutive Scottish cup away draw, but that doesn’t matter it gives us fans a good day out. Look forward to my trip to Clackmannanshire and we can return with a much needed victory and be in the hat for the next round draw which is on Monday I believe.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

8 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

So another Scottish cup campaign starts today away at Sauchie. By my reckoning this is our 5th consecutive Scottish cup away draw, but that doesn’t matter it gives us fans a good day out. Look forward to my trip to Clackmannanshire and we can return with a much needed victory and be in the hat for the next round draw which is on Monday I believe.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well.

that didn’t quite go to plan.

I think it’s a turning point, and we might see a few changes. The change to “league” club has been a challenge, and we’re going to need to push forward or go backwards.

Off the pitch, the committee have done their part. On the pitch now needs to step up and do their part too.

Well it was a rather dreich day in Clackmannanshire in more ways than one. Agree with the post above the step up has been a challenge after the promising start to the season. Will be interesting to see what develops in the next few weeks. Gets no easier next Saturday when we visit the League leaders.

P.S Well done to great club servant Alan Horne who gets a well deserved testimonial game this afternoon. What a class act he has been for the Rose in his time at NDP.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

16 hours ago, BS7 said:

Off the pitch, the committee have done their part. On the pitch now needs to step up and do their part too.

Mentioned it at the time of the announcement, but I found it strange that so many players had been kept on and that so few new additions were made. Edinburgh City showed in their first season the it was a big jump and I think the fact that a decent number of the Bonnyrigg squad had already been deemed not good enough by other League 2 clubs, that at least phase 1 of a re-build would have started to take place over the summer.

I get people want to remain loyal and that they were probably rewarding success, but the way Bonnyrigg did it, from the outside it didn’t look like a phased transition or a rebuild just more of the same, in a league where the weekly standards have to be higher.