Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

Well it a fine Autumn day for the game versus East Fife today. It was great to return to winning ways last Tuesday against Annan and keep a clean sheet to boot. It would be great to get our first double of the season this afternoon, it won’t be easy and I hope for 3pts come 4.50pm this afternoon.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

On 13/10/2022 at 22:23, bravehearts dad said:

Yes you can at the outstanding value of £12 yes £12, unlike you thieving so and sos.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I now see why its so cheap. Whereas, I didn't agree back in the day with what happened to Falkirk & ICT, there needs to be some sort of basic prerequisite before you can get into the league.

That was an enjoyable game to watch, especially if you were an EF supporter. Apart from the shocking start, and the next 10 minutes, the EF defence had very few squeaky moments against a stiff breeze in the 1st half. Since the PC has moved to his more preferred position at RB, the defence has looked a lot more solid, with the 2 young centrebacks getting better every week. For me, the guy running the whole show is Alex Ferguson, who particularly in the 2nd half today, could have scored a hattrick, with a little more luck. I get the feeling we’ll be hearing a lot about this young man in the future, if he stays clear of injuries and keeps his head screwed on properly.

Add to the above, the workrate of Shepherd, Newton ,Balde and Schiavone and you have the makings of a good solid team, with a high willingness to work for each other. Compare the spirit now in the team to that against the Binos, a few weeks back, a difference of day and night.

Rose created almost nothing the second ,maybe  1 or 2 quarter chances, whereas EF looked like they could score every time they went up the park, after they took the lead. Wel done lads.

You guys have some cheek moaning about our prices. Charge a bit more and get your pitch flattened. My garden has less of a slope on it than your ground. Everything in sight was squint. Absolute hovel of a ground and the team is of the same standard. Absolute guff. 

Thanks for the 3 points. 

You guys have some cheek moaning about our prices. Charge a bit more and get your pitch flattened. My garden has less of a slope on it than your ground. Everything in sight was squint. Absolute hovel of a ground and the team is of the same standard. Absolute guff. 
Thanks for the 3 points. 

To be fair, the prices at East Fife are shocking. I think everyone is in agreement with that.

Unfortunately for Bonnyrigg they don’t have the finances of Kelty or Cove to fix everything at once.

They have been making improvements to the ground this season but there is still a lot of work to do and I am sure they know that.

On the pitch, they will be happy to stay up. Then they will push on next season.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Thanks for the 3 points. 

It's a proper old school ground. I think most football fans at this level would rather be going there than a soulless, one sided piece of lego in Methil.

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

It's a proper old school ground. I think most football fans at this level would rather be going there than a soulless, one sided piece of lego in Methil.

The big issue is the hill sprints that you do going from one corner flag to the other. And then from one side of the park to the other. 

Raise the price slightly and get this sorted and its ALOT better. Thats more what im getting at. 

Extra £2 per fan (900 yesterday i saw someone say) £1800 every couple of weeks will cover it for a season (£32,400) for the groundworks to flatten it. 

Didn't see the game yesterday. Was away at Saltcoats Victoria, which I do not recommend to East Fife fans. I couldn't get parked within 50m of the turnstile, their WiFi was appalling, and the refreshments hut was all out of Quasedilla when I arrived. And as for getting change from the day out of my £18 note, we'll that's just disgustingly cheap. How can they hope to progress?

Following the "win with a frown on your face" comments here with some surprise. Most visitors to NDP have accepted it as what it is: an ancient stadium with some pleasing quirks, and some areas to be improved.

Yet not surprised to see someone who watches their football every other week in an identikit, but rapidly crumbling, modern stadium being all for homogenisation. The mediocrity of their usual bland surroundings has clearly sapped their soul of creative thought.

Perhaps instead of making small incremental improvements to NDP, as and when funds have permitted, Bonnyrigg Rose should have just phoned the guy who does the Littlewoods catalogue of the plastic and breeze block 'DumbartonEastFife stadium', with their signature "three-sided blank canvas" outlook?

It's precisely what Scottish football has been crying out for after all, more of the exact same thing.

The outright sneery behaviour here by fans of a team who have lingered in the lower tiers of Scottish football since Churchill was our PM is fairly surprising.

Well done on your win.