Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

Guest AberhillEnd
55 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Season ticket sales of a championship team too. No reason that Midlothian can’t have a championship/premiership team. 

Almost Falkirk levels of crowdwanking 😂

Season ticket sales of a championship team too. No reason that Midlothian can’t have a championship/premiership team. 

It is brilliant how many season tickets the Rose have sold, but for me to say that you’re getting carried away here would be an understatement.

4 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

It's always fun to see a team being written off by some,  pump a team from an even higher division,  Clearly Rose are going to be no pushovers  in league 2

Who're really writing them off though? I think the vast majority expect them to be competitive this season. Pointing out that there's an ocean between "being no pushovers in league 2" and "fully expecting to win the league" and become a "championship/premiership" team is just sensible.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Who're really writing them off though? I think the vast majority expect them to be competitive this season. Pointing out that there's an ocean between "being no pushovers in league 2" and "fully expecting to win the league" and become a "championship/premiership" team is just sensible.

Fans dream and sometimes dreams run a bit wild. Nightmares too. I'll settle for Rose looking like no pushovers early days. How far can they really go in the future?   How the hell would I know?  Good luck to them anyway and welcome to the squeaky bum league.

15 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Fans dream and sometimes dreams run a bit wild. Nightmares too. I'll settle for Rose looking like no pushovers early days. How far can they really go in the future?   How the hell would I know?  Good luck to them anyway and welcome to the squeaky bum league.

If I'm honest, a mid table finish this year would be good for me. We have a good backing and thr club is well run, no need to be setting our sights too high for this year. 

20 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

It's always fun to see a team being written off by some,  pump a team from an even higher division,  Clearly Rose are going to be no pushovers  in league 2

The majority of folk in the predictions thread think they'll do well. They appear to be spending a lot of their money on ground upgrades and very little on new players, but they are obviously confident in the unit they have there. If they can finish mid-table/push for play offs and consolidate this year I can see them start to add more quality to their team next season. From the outside looking in they're a club who are doing everything right. 

I don't think anyone is writing off the club but rather pointing out that Bonnyrigg are unlikely to do a Kelty/Cove & are more akin to the artist formerly known as Edinburgh City when they came into the SPFL.

3 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Excellent cover on the Hibs programme.

Shocking lack of diversity in that XI😡.

May as well have a pic of the Ing-Ger-Land lassies.

I don't think anyone is writing off the club but rather pointing out that Bonnyrigg are unlikely to do a Kelty/Cove & are more akin to the artist formerly known as Edinburgh City when they came into the SPFL.

I think Edinburgh City when they came in to the league were a long way behind where Bonnyrigg are now. Definitely no inflated budgets but a very solid side that should hold their own in the league. I'll go for finishing 3rd