Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

Looking forward to going somewhere new and as 1320 says above, great to have a team come up that have not spunked a lot of money at “lower league superstars” only to say that staying in the league is success and expecting us all to believe it.

Guest AberhillEnd

Greetings and welcome. Not sure if The Fife and Bonnyrigg have met competitively before, maybe in the central league pre 1920? 

Anyways I plan to visit at least once in the coming season, may the best team win !

Been living in Bonnyrigg for the last 4 years so happy to get a home game on my doorstep.

Would say Beetroot is a great choice for food, but a bit pricier than the pubs, braw pint of Blue Moon though. I've never been in the Caldwerwood, heard it's where the kids go. Can't go wrong with a lot of pub and food options.

Seems strange to see Bonnyrigg and their New Dundas Park ground in the SPFL. Doesn't seem that long ago I was an Assistant Ref at a Bonnyrigg v Bo'ness Utd East junior game and had to retire early with a chest injury which I thought at the time was a heart attack. Must have been 14-15 year ago though. 

Always enjoyed being involved in Bonnyrigg games at Junior level, I hope the facilities for officials have improved and its no longer a trickle of cold water for a shower 🤞😅

Seems strange to see Bonnyrigg and their New Dundas Park ground in the SPFL. Doesn't seem that long ago I was an Assistant Ref at a Bonnyrigg v Bo'ness Utd East junior game and had to retire early with a chest injury which I thought at the time was a heart attack. Must have been 14-15 year ago though. 

Always enjoyed being involved in Bonnyrigg games at Junior level, I hope the facilities for officials have improved and its no longer a trickle of cold water for a shower [emoji1696][emoji28]

In the 23rd minute of that game, you made an absolute clanger. That was never offside. [emoji342]

Confirm the changing rooms are totally replaced since your last visit. I think 14-15 years ago you may have been using the old hut which (I think) has subsequently burned down. Anyway, definitely upgraded.

Brand new facilities for players and officials. Two sizeable units installed over in that corner of the pitch including changing rooms and hospitality. Both handy for the other new units installed (the pie shop and toilets), and the new (admittedly feeble) wee seated area. Lots of new things installed in just a few years. Plus floodlights!

Can't comment on the water pressure or temperature mind! I'm sure those metrics are set at full time depending on the performance of the officials of the day.

4 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

I love going to grounds like this!

What can we expect in terms of the size of the home crowd and is there much of a travelling support?

Always been a well supported side they took 5 buses plus cars to the Cowdenbeath play off. 

The novelty factor might wear off but still expect 500+ easily at home games and wi Hibs coming to town there will definately be a capacity crowd which could probs sell twice over. 

10 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Don't go into The Calderwood!

This,

If anyone fancies a night out in Dalkeith. We have a nightclub called The Park which is worth a visit. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

This,

If anyone fancies a night out in Dalkeith. We have a nightclub called The Park which is worth a visit. 

:lol:

Aye, but you'll only get in if you're under 18. ;) 

Best pubs in Dalkeith are the Black Bull and Justinlees -  the latter is on the Bonnyrigg side of town, but that's a fair walk.

In Boomtown (Bonnyrigg), the Roses club is probably your best bet - punters in the Anvil and the Royal Oak are surprisingly friendly, imo - no idea what the pub formerly known as the Chase is like now - think the Polton Inn used to be ok.

There are 2 decent chippies in Bongo land, and there's a decent Itailan (Gigi's'?) if you fancy a sit doon - there's a McDonald's at Loanhead/Straiton.

f**k knows where folk will park on match days, like - there is a car park at the Roses club, but it's not massive. 

The biggest compliment I can pay the Rose is that they're now officially rivals, so I'm probably supposed to hate them, but congratulations to them - a great achievement. 

Edited by paranoid android