The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 09/03/2023 at 15:11, Dooflick said:

Yes it is sad, but in an interview with a sports writer, I understand that the QP CEO has said that it is not QP who are taking over.  I have heard a whisper that indeed Hutchesons' Grammar School are taking over and that they will be playing cricket there. 

Doubt it. Hutchie play cricket next door at Clydesdale and in turn the school let Clydesdale use the sports halls for indoor nets. A cosy arrangement for both.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Official Hampden Park 3D jigsaw also available. Keep the kids busy for at least 3 years!

image.thumb.png.cb7b265ae4620d8ccec031f3e61322d4.png

The lesser one takes longer to build ive been told.

Edited by realmadrid

Anyone else not yet ready to get over our embarrassing Scottish Cup f**k up?

You could actually have seen Queen's Park with a shot at a Scottish Cup final.

Utterly, utterly unforgivable.

27 minutes ago, an86 said:

In an ideal world I'd rather keep him, and if we do go up I think he could be tempted into signing a contract extension, but even with only a year left on his current deal he won't be cheap.

This is all part of the model now I suppose! If he does leave I'd like to imagine we'd be looking for a sell on clause too; he has the potential to go far.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

In an ideal world I'd rather keep him, and if we do go up I think he could be tempted into signing a contract extension, but even with only a year left on his current deal he won't be cheap.

This is all part of the model now I suppose! If he does leave I'd like to imagine we'd be looking for a sell on clause too; he has the potential to go far.

Bradford playing in front of 15,000 punters every home game and managed by Mark Hughes. Might even be League One next season. Make the right move down south and you could be in the Championship in 12/18 months either via promotion or a move after a good season. Looking at £2500/3000 per week, plus a healthy sign on as well. If that link is true it’s a tough one to turn down, even if we do go up. 

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Bradford playing in front of 15,000 punters every home game and managed by Mark Hughes. Might even be League One next season. Make the right move down south and you could be in the Championship in 12/18 months either via promotion or a move after a good season. Looking at £2500/3000 per week, plus a healthy sign on as well. If that link is true it’s a tough one to turn down, even if we do go up. 

Absolutely. As you say there will be more but at least it would involve cash to QP. When Murray left I was extremely concerned about our fate. However MB & OC appear to have risen to that challenge and I have faith in there being proper succession planning. 

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

Absolutely. As you say there will be more but at least it would involve cash to QP. When Murray left I was extremely concerned about our fate. However MB & OC appear to have risen to that challenge and I have faith in there being proper succession planning. 

MB’s The Man. It was his guile that got Dom on a pre-contract before the play-offs.

1 hour ago, Northsea80 said:

Working floodlights, plus excavation work going on at the Somerville Drive end. 

642362F2-520B-43F2-B724-199F49AF0362.jpeg

7ECDFCCD-5EED-4B5D-9768-459A0768E8D3.jpeg

On first look I thought the nearest floodlight was outside the park 😳till I realised there were 2 separate poles 😂

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I see the Scotland squad will be training at Lesser Hampden from this month. You would have to wonder if this is part of a deal to allow us to use the larger stadium in the Hampden Campus?

I have also read somewhere that Steve Clarke was looking at the national team having long term access to Lochinch. The Hampden Campus/Hub has been mentioned too many times by too many different people for there not to be something in it. Think this will be good imo and the inevitable vitriol will be amusing. 

Edited by mcjameos

Seems that there are some developments from the club - a bit early to say if these are positive or not.  With no information from the club all we can do is treat it as rumour. I hope someone can get some info on Saturday with the quick tour of the JB McAlpine pavilion. Regrettably, I'm not going to make it down for that and would hope there are further visits scheduled for the future.

Any update would be welcome.