The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Not long back from a walk over to Lesser. Activity going on, diggers being driven around and the shell of the southeast corner turnstiles / bogs / food counter building looks not far off ready (no turnstiles yet) but the interior needs lots of work. The Royal Box looks ever more ludicrous as it is a very bulky building but will hold only forty odd spectators. I'm guessing the catering staff (cooks, barstaff, servers, cleaners, grape peelers, foot masseuses, etc) will number more than that. Nothing like a bit of pampering while you watch the game.

As for the east stand, the narrow passageway between the back of the stand and the boundary wall looks like a potential death trap so I suppose the emergency evacuation plan will simply be "everyone run onto the pitch."

At the north end probably only the north east corner offers the possibilty of building a small block of flats or a small boutique hotel (with no car parking provided). But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Edited by Spidersmad

5 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Not long back from a walk over to Lesser. Activity going on, diggers being driven around and the shell of the southeast corner turnstiles / bogs / food counter building looks not far off ready (no turnstiles yet) but the interior needs lots of work. The Royal Box looks ever more ludicrous as it is a very bulky building but will hold only forty odd spectators. I'm guessing the catering staff (cooks, barstaff, servers, cleaners, grape peelers, foot masseuses, etc) will number more than that. Nothing like a bit of pampering while you watch the game.

As for the east stand, the narrow passageway between the back of the stand and the boundary wall looks like a potential death trap so I suppose the emergency evacuation plan will simply be "everyone run onto the pitch."

At the north end probably only the north east corner offers the possibilty of building a small block of flats or a small boutique hotel (with no car parking provided). But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Camera on the phone not working.........? 😉

1 minute ago, kilMARKnock said:

Camera on the phone not working.........? 😉

Couldn't be bothered getting it out of my pocket. The materials towards the outside of the turnstile block look incredibly cheap as I could see only corrugated metal cladding of some kind and plywood. Wish I'd taken a photo now. 🤨

I'm stating the obvious, but if the hotel rumour's true, you're going to have a very small stadium. If a north stand is built that replicates the south stand, then that would mean a capacity of 2,000. It seems the club's executives don't believe Queen's Park's fanbase is ever likely to grow much and will be capped at 1,500 supporters. 

Unless they envisage using Greater Hampden.

9 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Looks like there may not be so many fixture clashes at Stenhousmuir now.

Syngenta appear to be crashing out of existence asap. 

8 hours ago, an86 said:

The QP hierarchy will now claim they’ve delivered the Saturday football people have been requesting. “We’re delighted to have secured….”

6 hours ago, GM1867 said:

If this is the case, I’m gutted for Syngenta. It’s always a shame when a team goes out of business. Ugly sisters excepted of course. 

They already moved their Mar 4th and 18th games to Friday to "help" you out - all your other clashes are with Stenny.

It would save you double slap down on Apr 14th & 15th (Syngenta v Arniston & Stenhousemuir v Stirling Albion).

21 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I'm stating the obvious, but if the hotel rumour's true, you're going to have a very small stadium. If a north stand is built that replicates the south stand, then that would mean a capacity of 2,000. It seems the club's executives don't believe Queen's Park's fanbase is ever likely to grow much and will be capped at 1,500 supporters. 

Unless they envisage using Greater Hampden.

I may be slow but I am coming to the conclusion that our hierarchy do/did not envisage Lesser as our home ground in the longer term and will only spend on essentials for the short term. Our speed of success on the playing side and their own incompetence has caught them out somewhat. Perhaps we should sell it on to the SFA for a Scotland training camp. Would fetch more than big Hampden.

7 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Some photos taken today

Evidence of turnstiles and pie shop. And Royal Box of course.

IMG_20230210_141214.jpg

IMG_20230210_141241.jpg

IMG_20230210_141722.jpg

Did Bob Ballard bring that turnstile up from the Titanic?

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

Genuine question; is there any possibility that Motherwell can still recall shields now the manager has been sacked? Worried that whoever the new manager is might want to have shields as an option in their squad for the rest of the season?

He’s only played 2 games but I’ve been really impressed with his performances so far 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Genuine question; is there any possibility that Motherwell can still recall shields now the manager has been sacked? Worried that whoever the new manager is might want to have shields as an option in their squad for the rest of the season?

He’s only played 2 games but I’ve been really impressed with his performances so far 

That would be just what we needed. I imagine most contracts would include a recall option but hopefully it sets out specific circumstances when it can be used and this is not one of them.