The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Sources: Rangers to resolve future of Josh McPake as off-pitch discipline issues revealed

Rangers are looking to resolve the future of Josh McPake after failing to offload him in the January transfer window, sources have told Football Insider.

Rangers were hoping to offload McPake permanently in January to save money, but there was no concrete interest to take him.

The forward, 21, is currently on loan at Championship side Queen’s Park, but he has endured a mixed time at the club due to form and discipline issues off the pitch.

McPake has 18 months to run on his contract at Ibrox, but they are looking for a resolution on his future as he’s a high earner among the fringe players at the club.

One option being considered is to terminate his agreement and hand him a sizeable pay-off.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-rangers-to-resolve-future-of-josh-mcpake-as-off-pitch-discipline-issues-revealed/

6 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Sources: Rangers to resolve future of Josh McPake as off-pitch discipline issues revealed

Rangers are looking to resolve the future of Josh McPake after failing to offload him in the January transfer window, sources have told Football Insider.

Rangers were hoping to offload McPake permanently in January to save money, but there was no concrete interest to take him.

The forward, 21, is currently on loan at Championship side Queen’s Park, but he has endured a mixed time at the club due to form and discipline issues off the pitch.

McPake has 18 months to run on his contract at Ibrox, but they are looking for a resolution on his future as he’s a high earner among the fringe players at the club.

One option being considered is to terminate his agreement and hand him a sizeable pay-off.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-rangers-to-resolve-future-of-josh-mcpake-as-off-pitch-discipline-issues-revealed/

Good for him, hopefully he rinses them for every last penny he can get.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I would imagine that getting knocked out of the Scottish Cup as a result of incompetence, and having to play an entire season at Ochilview because the club can't build a stadium could also have an impact on the playing side.

joker-fair-enough.gif.b5b72f1d9c37d667e0251cbdfb49a942.gif

9 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I stumbled across an article a few days ago. Cant remember where exactly but it was a rangers focussed news site and about him now seeing out the remainder of his loan with us and being released in the summer. Not sure if the article above changes that. 

Found article;

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2023/01/31/josh-mcpake-headed-for-permanent-summer-rangers-exit-remains-at-queens-park-this-month/

Edited by mcjameos
Article added

9 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I reckon that's why we signed Henderson.

Just in case anyone was thinking they’d need to pick up the Morton away ticket from the ticket office, you don’t. If you select the pick up option, it drops into your purchased items and you can download the pdf. Easily missed, as I nearly did.

The thought of any fellow travellers missing out on an extra pint for a futile journey to the ticket office was a truly heartbreaking prospect, so thought it best to spread the word. 

Edited by an86

My cousin is finishing off the electrical work in the royal box. He said the inside/function area is like a place you’d maybe have a 21st Birthday party, but it wouldn’t be your first choice. 

Also, he said that the chat on site was that a hotel was being considered for the Somerville drive end of the ground and not flats. 

8 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Looks like there may not be so many fixture clashes at Stenhousmuir now.

Syngenta appear to be crashing out of existence asap. 

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 11-35-31 Newburgh Juniors FC (@newburghfc) _ Twitter.png

The QP hierarchy will now claim they’ve delivered the Saturday football people have been requesting. “We’re delighted to have secured….”

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Looks like there may not be so many fixture clashes at Stenhousmuir now.

Syngenta appear to be crashing out of existence asap. 

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 11-35-31 Newburgh Juniors FC (@newburghfc) _ Twitter.png

If this is the case, I’m gutted for Syngenta. It’s always a shame when a team goes out of business. Ugly sisters excepted of course. 

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

My cousin is finishing off the electrical work in the royal box. He said the inside/function area is like a place you’d maybe have a 21st Birthday party, but it wouldn’t be your first choice. 

Also, he said that the chat on site was that a hotel was being considered for the Somerville drive end of the ground and not flats.

Hotel Splendido, Somerville Drive 😂. Good luck in getting planning permission for that. While I don't believe this chat, it does point up the fact that The Committee went into a stadium development with no overall plan for what the completed stadium would look like, hence the years of chaos and shedloads of wasted money around this project. I would quite like a stand to be built at the north end of the ground but perhaps t'committee may be looking to a fanless future for the old QP.

Doing something with the land up the north end is worthy of discussion if it’s going to provide us with income. It’s a relatively large space, but whether it’s large enough to accommodate both a building and sufficient capacity is another matter.

If a hotel was built, it would make the royal box decision all the more baffling, when you would consider that a hotel on the doorstep would likely have sufficient capacity for hospitality.

We, of course, will be the last to know of any developments. 

Edited by an86

5 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

I’d imagine a hotel would be part of The Campus for the SFA’s bid to be part of Euro 2028. It’s only 10 mins by taxi to SEC/Hydro for events at those venues. City Council have been keen to boost hotel beds for a while. 

Sounds tricky pulling that together in five years though.

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’d imagine a hotel would be part of The Campus for the SFA’s bid to be part of Euro 2028. It’s only 10 mins by taxi to SEC/Hydro for events at those venues. City Council have been keen to boost hotel beds for a while. 

Sounds tricky pulling that together in five years though.

The idea of us being involved in another infrastructure project also strikes terror into the heart. Selling any land off would be quick fix stuff. I’d want a stake in something of that nature for a steady income. A hotel would sell out for every big event, as well as hosting functions. 

Would it even be feasible to fit seating and a building in, though? I know it’s a decent bit of land, but it’s not enormous. Would also need adequate space for entrances and exits, parking etc.