The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Tangled web said:

Ok I'll bite  I am intrigued as to what not moving on looks like. Is action being taken? Are banners being made? What happens now? 

15 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

As things stand do you have any confidence that something like this won’t happen again? I don’t.

It would be mad to ‘move on’ without some assurances that we’re taking steps to make sure this never happens again - be that people, support or processes.

But there’s a bigger point. This episode is symptomatic of the off-field chaos at the moment. Something has to change. 

To repeat the question, which you didn't answer, what does not moving on look like? If it consists of moaning on P&B, then it's a waste of time

I don't think any fans are happy with the way off field stuff is being handled. I'm certainly not, but I'm trying to move on because, in practice there is sod all I can do about it. As others have said the glorious on-field success helps those running the club avoid scrutiny for the Lesser Hampden debacle. I await constructive suggestions as to what we can do about it.

Until then, I'll try and move on as I have a limited appetite for banging my head against a brick wall.

3 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

To repeat the question, which you didn't answer, what does not moving on look like? If it consists of moaning on P&B, then it's a waste of time

I don't think any fans are happy with the way off field stuff is being handled. I'm certainly not, but I'm trying to move on because, in practice there is sod all I can do about it. As others have said the glorious on-field success helps those running the club avoid scrutiny for the Lesser Hampden debacle. I await constructive suggestions as to what we can do about it.

Until then, I'll try and move on as I have a limited appetite for banging my head against a brick wall.

I'm not a QP fan, but I think you're right to an extent. It is what it is. This is a time of previously unimaginable success on the field, and whilst tarnished by the off-the-field problems, it should be enjoyed. 

Any criticism should be constructive, otherwise it amounts to moaning. The question is, how can things be improved, and how can that be conveyed to those running the club?

I'm moving on from this debacle with the caveat that the club do something meaningful for the fans that made the (ultimately) pointless trip to Inverness. The trip to Caley is a long day at the best of times but on a midweek winters night many would have had to take time off work and then spend seven hours or more on a bus to watch the team. I hear that some fans even arranged accommodation in Inverness as arriving back in the 'wee sma' hours' is not for everyone. Then there's food and drink over and above that - we're not just talking about ticket money here.

We don't need the spectacle of the Chief Exec or Club Secretary being marched down Letherby Drive with a hoard of (a few) fans shouting "shame, shame, shame" at them.

Let's move on folks and put our full energy behind the team.

The thing about “let’s move on” is that the acceptance or apathy from the support of low standards from highly paid professionals will ultimately end badly.

What “moving on” looks like is very much down to how the club reacts. If they choose not to react or react in an unsatisfactory manner, then the membership or the QPSA, will step in. The former has the numbers to do so in an official capacity. Now, the committee doesn’t necessarily have to accept it, but it would be an absolutely dreadful look not to, particularly with relations between club and support at a low.

Nobody, of course, wants this to happen. Everyone wants to be singing off the same hymn sheet. All it takes from the club is clear communication and respect for the fans. It’s not a lot to ask, but we’re simply not getting that.

Edited by an86

10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Constructive suggestion 1:

An EGM of members with a short list of points where the directors of the club have failed, relative to the appropriate sections of the Articles of Association, concluded with a fans motion that certain individuals be replaced.

Constructive suggestion 2:

Boycott games and/or walk-outs and/or don’t be in a rush to renew membership/tickets.

They’ve no incentive to do better because we keep turning up.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

An EGM of members with a short list of points where the directors of the club have failed, relative to the appropriate sections of the Articles of Association, concluded with a fans motion that certain individuals be replaced.

Not just members - season ticket holders, QPSA members, and general fans need to be able to air their views too.

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Constructive suggestion 2:

Boycott games and/or walk-outs and/or do it be in a rush to renew membership/tickets.

They’ve no incentive to do better because we keep turning up.

I understand that sometimes things are too important however “Constructive Suggestion 2” will inevitably have an impact on those on the playing side.  Just an observation and am not advocating for or against it as am unable to suggest a suitable alternative. 

17 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Not just members - season ticket holders, QPSA members, and general fans need to be able to air their views too.

I’m not being exclusive. But if you really want to nail it, the only place action can be taken, other than just the rhetoric the previous open meetings have been full of, the only platform is a General Meeting and I’m afraid they are restricted to Directors and Club Members. It’s written in the Articles (despite sneaking Dempster in once). The tricky bit would be harnessing everyone’s opinions into an hour long meeting.  

If the QPSA want to lead the charge, fine. But not all fans are members there either. And I have to say, if they were willing and capable it should have happened a long time ago. Maybe some of them are too close to the problem. The main purpose of the QPSA has always been running buses to away games. 

If you want change, by any measure, you need objectives and a pathway to achieve those objectives. The pally get-together format would have been adequate in bygone times but if people really want change we need to take their book and use it to our advantage.

Or we can just shut up and put up.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’m not being exclusive. But if you really want to nail it, the only place action can be taken, other than just the rhetoric the previous open meetings have been full of, the only platform is a General Meeting and I’m afraid they are restricted to Directors and Club Members. It’s written in the Articles (despite sneaking Dempster in once). The tricky bit would be harnessing everyone’s opinions into an hour long meeting.  

If the QPSA want to lead the charge, fine. But not all fans are members there either. And I have to say, if they were willing and capable it should have happened a long time ago. Maybe some of them are too close to the problem. The main purpose of the QPSA has always been running buses to away games. 

If you want change, by any measure, you need objectives and a pathway to achieve those objectives. The pally get-together format would have been adequate in bygone times but if people really want change we need to take their book and use it to our advantage.

Or we can just shut up and put up.

Right now, I'm not pushing for change, I'm pushing for information. I, like many supporters and not just members, want to know what's going on behind the scenes, I want to know what the plans are for the team and for the ("bigger and better")stadium, I want to know what the management structure of the club is, I want to know the roles of those involved with the club (who reports to who), etc. I don't know enough to say that wholesale change is the answer - clearly we are getting some things right as the club are doing well on the park (Scottish Cup excepted). I'm fully behind the team but I'm not sure about the structure. Some change may be necessary but until I know more I'm not sure what that should be.

10 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Right now, I'm not pushing for change, I'm pushing for information. I, like many supporters and not just members, want to know what's going on behind the scenes, I want to know what the plans are for the team and for the ("bigger and better")stadium, I want to know what the management structure of the club is, I want to know the roles of those involved with the club (who reports to who), etc. 

The more time passes, the more I come to think that answers to these questions don't exist.

We’re now three years into a stadium farce. We’re now three years into the club being unable and unwilling to answer serious questions around the stadium and structure of the club. We’ve just been kicked out of the Scottish Cup, costing us dearly both on and off the pitch, as both a club and a support.

At what point does the “let’s wait and see” and “it is what it is” stance expire? We’ve been told numerous times that communication would improve. We were lied to. The thing is, that it really doesn’t need to be this way. It’s an active choice to operate this way by a highly paid individual. It’s contemptible. 

Edited by an86

The Scottish Cup debacle is a disgrace and has affected all at the Club and finances. I wonder how our generous sponsor is viewing the gross incompetence and lack of accountability. I am not suggesting a witch hunt but the person responsible has to consider the ethos of the Club and do the honourable thing. Resignation is a must even if reinstated in the future. The Club will survive as all are expendable. 

42 minutes ago, QPoriginal said:

The Scottish Cup debacle is a disgrace and has affected all at the Club and finances. I wonder how our generous sponsor is viewing the gross incompetence and lack of accountability. I am not suggesting a witch hunt but the person responsible has to consider the ethos of the Club and do the honourable thing. Resignation is a must even if reinstated in the future. The Club will survive as all are expendable. 

We don't need any resignations. 

1 hour ago, QP Steamer said:

EGM anyone?

We had the AGM a few weeks ago and while some people did make good points re what's happening (or not happening), it was a fairly easy ride for the Club. Surprisingly so.  That was the perfect opportunity to raise concerns.

Anyone with points to make can email them to the Supporters' Association contact and we can pull them together.

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We had the AGM a few weeks ago and while some people did make good points re what's happening (or not happening), it was a fairly easy ride for the Club. Surprisingly so.  That was the perfect opportunity to raise concerns.

Anyone with points to make can email them to the Supporters' Association contact and we can pull them together.

It wasn’t. It was scheduled, quite ridiculously, between Christmas and New Year and my understanding is that the person who most of the questions would be directed to wasn’t there.