The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Great result tonight. Think it’s been fourteen years since we were still in the cup by February. Stats indicate we were well on top.

Delighted we’re back in our stride. With a long run of home (?) games coming up we’re in good shape for holding our place in the top 3. Friday should be buzzing!

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Henderson wasn’t in the squad v Hibs in the cup? 

Aye you’re right. Someone said he’d featured but I couldn’t work out when as Hearts have only just entered the cup. 

It’ll be the ruling about being registered for the previous fixture. If that doesn’t apply then we should’ve been able to play McAlear tonight. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely being cup tied is still a thing as well though? Can’t play for QP if he’s already played for another team. 

@Skyline Drifterhave I got it wrong here? 

He hasn’t played for Hearts in the cup this season.

He’s still ineligible because he wasn’t registered with Queens Park in time for the original date of the tie.

Just now, Pollok mad said:

Hearts came into the cup in the 4th round so it would be some doing to play in a round earlier 

Aye I’ve corrected it above. 

I think the salient point here is that QP are an absolute mess off the field. There’s absolutely no excuse for clubs not knowing if a player is eligible for a game or not. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye you’re right. Someone said he’d featured but I couldn’t work out when as Hearts have only just entered the cup. 

I’d assume they’re getting mixed up with the Ewan Henderson at Hibs who did play in that same game.

Anyway, I think the only reasonable course of action is a points deduction for Queens Park. Somewhere in the region of 40 should get the message across. 

12.5 When a Match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those Players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the Official Team Line for a Club at the date fixed for originally playing the Match, are eligible to be listed on the Official Team Line for that Club for the rescheduled Match, together with any recognised goalkeeper who is registered with such Club at the date of the rescheduled Match pursuant to an emergency temporary transfer which has been approved by the Board under Competition Rule 12.7 or otherwise approved by the relevant regulatory body, notwithstanding that such recognised goalkeeper was not eligible, by means of his registration, to be listed on the Official Team Line for the relevant Club at the date fixed for originally playing the Match.

Fitba, bloody hell...

If QP were paying Murray the proverbial 'fortune'... what on earth did Ross County offer him that would persuade the fucker to get off a team bus on the way to a game? (Don't know if that's true, but I confess I hope it is.)

Btw, if QP have fucked their cup involvement on the very same night, somebody's going to have to make sure @johnnydun is ok...

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’ve corrected it above. 

I think the salient point here is that QP are an absolute mess off the field. There’s absolutely no excuse for clubs not knowing if a player is eligible for a game or not. 

Completely agree. Its embarrassing if found true. Hopefully Ms Dempster will be addressing this imminently

Just now, mcjameos said:

Completely agree. Its embarrassing if found true. Hopefully Ms Dempster will be addressing this imminently

Given she’s never given you a proper answer about Mini Hampden I wouldn’t hold your breath.