The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I see on Twitter fans going down route of calling him a snake etc. It’s pretty evident he’s left for financial reasons but let’s not forget that’s the main reason he pitched up to us in league 2, let’s not kid ourselves. Majority of us wanted him binned before the play offs 

Yes, we helped through his rehab and yes we stood by him even when he was playing very poorly in league 1 but he’s gave many of the support the best moments ever supporting the club and that shouldn’t be forgotten about. He single handedly dragged us through the play offs and has been nothing short of phenomenal in the championship for us. 

The immediate feeling of his departure is obviously absolutely gutted. It’s ultimately going to have an impact on our season and I do think it’ll rule us out of title race over the next couple months. I’ll wish him all the best, he’s resurrected his career pretty tremendously and he’s been a great fit for us and Qp have been a great fit for him. 

*furiously begging for county relegation now 

He will always be fondly remembered by me. The playoffs were such great memories and he was, as you suggest, integral to that promotion. A player we will speak of in years to come. 

This season he’s played well and lead us well too. But he was never in our long term plans and we are kidding ourselves if we don’t accept that for many players we are a step for their own aspirations. 

Plus the fee, although undisclosed, is surely of the model we as a club wish to adopt. Make profit on players after improving and developing them. 

Disappointed he's gone but, in a way, it's maybe better now than at the end of the season. At least we would have got a transfer fee for him (I wish I knew what it was). We used to lose great players for nothing and this will not be the last disappointment we have with players going elsewhere. 

He was good for us and I'm grateful for the memories, but it's time to move on.

2 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

People come, people go. Best to shed him tonight and get some money. It gives the remaining guys and new players a chance to shine and I look forward to that. Disappointed in Murray as a person. 

100% agree. No player bigger than the club and he's done a lot for us and hopefully we got a decent payoff. Good luck to him (however I reserve the right to chuckle if County get relegated). 

On the plus side, we don't have to worry about him getting injured now. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Rory Loy on the radio saying he was in the squad for QP tonight as they were travelling up but got off at the Kessock Bridge to f**k off to County. Brilliant patter.

It’s stuff like this that means Scottish football is unrivalled. 

Disappointing but rather Murray heading off than Ferrie, Savoury, Thomas or Fox at the moment.  Sad to see him go, but at 30 years old with significant injury history maybe it's best for all parties.  I think we're going to have to get used to this in the years to come as we aim for self-sustainability.

Just now, Spider1975 said:

Disappointing but rather Murray heading off than Ferrie, Savoury, Thomas or Fox at the moment.  Sad to see him go, but at 30 years old with significant injury history maybe it's best for all parties.  I think we're going to have to get used to this in the years to come as we aim for self-sustainability.

At least the club is getting money for him,it wasnt that long ago.players would just leave the club for other teams with no compensation or any other recompense.In the years past