The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

I don't think there's any chance of Fox signing a new contract unless we go up, and even then it wouldn't surprise me if he had better options sadly.

There's absolutely no chance of us letting him go this month though, unless somebody offers a daft amount of money for him.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I can fully accept him leaving at the end of the season tbh. I honestly expected him to leave last summer but maybe didn’t get as much exposure playing in league 1. He’s the full package; Pace, power, leadership, dribbling, passing and has a got a goal in him also. I have no doubts that he could go into a team like hearts right now and be a regular fixture in that side. I’d imagine the money is down in England and if he has a strong season at either Wycombe or Fleetwood, it could potentially lead to a move even further up the chain. Like you said, best defender in the league and at 24 years old, there’s no chance I think we keep him beyond this season. 

Just don’t lose him in January please 

I'd agree that we were quite lucky to keep Fox and if we don't go up, he'll leave. He'll certainly go with my blessing but, of course, I'd hate to see him go. It was a leap of faith for him to come up here and I'm sure he's luvvin' it. He's been quite outstanding.

Going up now seems an absolute must to keep the likes of him and, possibly but not certainly, Murray. Is it too soon for us to go up? And I can't believe I'm actually thinking about it seriously.....

If not, then when would be the right time?  It's like asking the best looking girl at school out; probably a disaster, but potentially the best thing you ever did.

As for Lesser, it was never, ever going to be a venue fit for the top flight, so we can discount it. Even if the thing was up and working right now, we'd be looking elsewhere to accommodate 30k plus crowds should we go up.

If we have access to our old home, massive crowds on a semi regular basis are possible and, all of a sudden, what is happening becomes, I would argue, a baw hair off being sustainable.

All supposition and what if. Let's get the Dismal Dees done over first.

It's the same as with Murray: letting Fox go before the end of the window would be a total disaster, but I don't think we can realistically expect him to stay with us into next season, even if we were to go up. The difference with Murray is that Fox has the potential to go on to be a really top player, so it is a bit galling to think we won't be getting a transfer free and won't be able to negotiate any sort of sell-on percentage.

In any case, it's worth remembering that the story is from the Daily Record. Waiting for a more reputable source - The Dandy or something along those lines - before I start to get too worried.

5 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

It's the same as with Murray: letting Fox go before the end of the window would be a total disaster, but I don't think we can realistically expect him to stay with us into next season, even if we were to go up. The difference with Murray is that Fox has the potential to go on to be a really top player, so it is a bit galling to think we won't be getting a transfer free and won't be able to negotiate any sort of sell-on percentage.

In any case, it's worth remembering that the story is from the Daily Record. Waiting for a more reputable source - The Dandy or something along those lines - before I start to get too worried.

The bit about the fee though would be the reason for the club to sell him now. Money in the bank versus ifs, buts and maybes. If he does go now my money’s on Fleetwood. Celtic connections at work🤨

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

29 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

I think we were lucky to get him back this year to be honest, and given he came back on a one year contract probably reflects his ambitions. Doubt he’d be here if Coyle and promotion didn’t happen.

Being able to prove this year that he’s just as good as we would have hoped in the Championship will open up even more doors for him.

He’s one of the ones who we should be offering those premium Gretna Glasgow dollars to if they’e available, especially if we do manage to go up.

8 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

I think we were lucky to get him back this year to be honest, and given he came back on a one year contract probably reflects his ambitions. Doubt he’d be here if Coyle and promotion didn’t happen.

Totally agree, he can't have been short on offers, although I doubt they would have been at the level of the teams interested in him now.

3 minutes ago, The Spiderman said:

I’d bought a ticket for the Caley Away game in the cup but can’t make the re-arranged fixture. Having real bother trying to get a hold of Caley’s ticketing office to ask for a refund. Anyone else having similar hassle?

Is this the number you’re using? 01463 222880

48 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Totally agree, he can't have been short on offers, although I doubt they would have been at the level of the teams interested in him now.

Would be disappointed if he left now but at some point, I would guess, we need to be showing some intent in selling players. We also have Eze taking a wage and I have no doubt Coyle believes there is a decent player there.

Who knows, he may want to leave now......... hopefully not. 

Edited by mcjameos

Some speculation from Daily Record (so maybe nonsense) Live Transfers

11:02KEY EVENT

Shields a wanted man

Queen's Park and Dundee are both pushing for a loan deal for Connor Shields, writes Scott Burns.

The Championship’s top two are both keen to land the Motherwell forward on-loan for the second half of the season.

‘Well boss Stevie Hammell wants Shields to go out on loan to get more first-team football under his belt between now and the summer.

The promotion rivals are both trying to make their pitch for the 25-year-old.

They know that Shields is proven at Championship level in his free-scoring time at Queen of the South.

There is also interest from south of the border.

7 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Some speculation from Daily Record (so maybe nonsense) Live Transfers

11:02KEY EVENT

Shields a wanted man

Queen's Park and Dundee are both pushing for a loan deal for Connor Shields, writes Scott Burns.

The Championship’s top two are both keen to land the Motherwell forward on-loan for the second half of the season.

‘Well boss Stevie Hammell wants Shields to go out on loan to get more first-team football under his belt between now and the summer.

The promotion rivals are both trying to make their pitch for the 25-year-old.

They know that Shields is proven at Championship level in his free-scoring time at Queen of the South.

There is also interest from south of the border.

That's the second time we've been linked with Shields I think. Remember him scoring a few goals for Motherwell in the Premiership, but I can't say I know much about him. I think he can play out wide as well as through the middle, which would suit us - although we definitely need to bring a striker in, anyone we do sign is going to be coming in on the understanding that they're behind Murray in the pecking order.

Huge week ahead for us which could define the season

Last few days of the transfer window  - if we can keep what we have & hopefully add a couple of decent loans, then come through the games against Dundee & Ayr with at least 4 points, we will be in pole position with just over a third of the season left. 

Exciting times.