The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Their submission to the council was made in May and validated around the 8th of June.

I wasn't sure of the timing between application and validation, which is after all just confirmation that all documents are submitted. In the case of QP's application for the east stand that was five days.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Given the length of time for use I’d expect to see a planning application. But there’s nothing new there apart from minor works to the Pavillion. Do you have a planning number you can share please?

Cove application here: 220725/DPP | Erection of 2 temporary covered spectator stands | Cove Rangers Football Club Balmoral Stadium Wellington Circle Aberdeen AB12 3JG (aberdeencity.gov.uk)

2 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Turkey has only one body: TFF, Turkish Football Association. 

Post-Google search edit: So do Italy, The Netherlands, and France. 

I've literally included Italy in the examples of places with multiple bodies... they used to have fewer but like in England the top division got hived off, and there are now bodies for various different levels from Pro through semi-pro to amateur. 

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I've literally included Italy in the examples of places with multiple bodies... they used to have fewer but like in England the top division got hived off, and there are now bodies for various different levels from Pro through semi-pro to amateur. 

I think you're right about Italy. The information on Wikipedia is misleading. 

Based on nothing but pure fantasy, I think we will reach an agreement with the SFA, register "Hampden Complex" as our home ground, play the first few games at Hampden and move on to Lesser permanently as soon as it's ready and up to regulation. I don't see us playing elsewhere this season. It's just not possible. 

12 hours ago, QPEast said:

Beuker will have final say on signings. Coyle’s signings were hardly a hit, where they? 

He might have the final sign-off but it has to be done in partnership. How else can you expect the manager to accept responsibility for his players and the team performance of he doesn’t have scope to mould his team? Beuker has a critical role with the stats, science, psychological profiling etc but ultimately it’s an influencer role, the manager is the delivery agent. Needs to be a partnership.

Your comparison with Coyle actually proves my point. Coyle had little influence over the squad as a whole. I doubt if he had much say on the loanees, good or bad. Eze was his most notable signing and definitely didn’t shine well on his own rep. He worked hard at it and got what he could out of players, Simon Murray being the most spectacular success. But if you want to win the league you need a solid unit that’ll pull together all season. Our collapse in the last 2 months was due more to a disaffected squad rather than individual failures.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

5 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Based on nothing but pure fantasy, I think we will reach an agreement with the SFA, register "Hampden Complex" as our home ground, play the first few games at Hampden and move on to Lesser permanently as soon as it's ready and up to regulation. I don't see us playing elsewhere this season. It's just not possible. 

As frustrating as it all is I get that the committee are loathe to make anymore statements until they are absolutely 100% certain the ground is ready for matches. And to be fair to them, it’s actually been the CEO who agitates things and keeps making statements on tv or podcasts that she’s clearly not qualified to make. I actually sometimes wonder if the men in suits are giving her enough rope. 

At the preview walkabout in mid-March, the club President stated to the group I was in that everything was waiting to move dependant on our final league position. That was confirmed just 4 weeks ago. Like you, and working on logic to compliment your fantasy, the purpose for Hampden being an option has gone, for now at least, and we have a fit-for-purpose stadium (capacity issues aside) ready to go. The recent planning application to upgrade the ventilation system in the wee kitchen in the lounge is pretty much the last job. The only thing possibly slowing it down is the tidy-up on Haughey Hill to make sure no-one with shiny shoes gets them scuffed. 

Regarding capacity; the failure to complete the South stand in tandem with the East stand has thrown up new problems. With the pitch in place and no lay-down area adjacent it looks likely that the South will have to be built from the outside of the ground. Unless they remove (and then rebuild) the current boundary wall (expensive) access will be slow and materials etc will have to be lifted over the wall (expensive). That said, I was still shocked that the programme for this is nine months. But with our new “in-house” construction partners they are calling the shots. So assuming they will build the South first (unless they have reached a deal with a third party re the land in the north end) the only space left for a temporary stand is the north end. That would then necessitate adopting the car park at the south end for a lay-down area. All overly complicated, all very expensive. 

So now we are going to rent the ground we sold and give use of the ground we built to the people we sold the first one to………….…..but we can’t use the old one till September so until then we will use the new one which has been deemed not suitable for the level we play at?

Lesser until after the Scotland/England game. Which is weird if Lesser isn't suitable for the whole season...

They've got to use the next 12 months to bring Lesser to an acceptable standard. All this money spent on renting other stadiums would be saved had we actually got the job done right first time.

Being back in Mount Florida next year is definitely a positive, but there's still some way to go for QP to sort this entire situation out.

Apologies for asking what's probably been answered a million times but from that is Lesser suitable to hold X amount, but you don't want to use it properly until it holds Y amount which won't be done in 23/24 so you're having to rent big Hampden back from the SFA until the expansion is done?

Although it will be difficult to get a ticket kind of hope to play our game at Lesser Hampden before you move otherwise won't get to a new stadium next year in the league.

Not been to a QP v The Caley game at Hampden since Ross Tokely score the winner on his 18th birthday in March 1997.  Think I'll go to one of the games there next season.

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

SPFL a lot more understanding than I’d be, quite frankly. If Lesser is fine for the first few games, it’s fine for the season - nobody‘s fault but QP’s that it’s tiny and shite. 

Fortunately nobody cares what you think, and you have no influence on making these decisions.