The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Six weeks till the season starts and based on what we actually know we don’t have a stadium, a head coach or a squad.

I won't be rushing to renew my season ticket until we have answers to all three.

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I won't be rushing to renew my season ticket until we have answers to all three.

The only issue I see at the moment is the lack of stadium news. The new manager will be sorted shortly, I'm glad we don't seem to be going for the first name in the phone book approach. The squad will be shaped in the months of June, July and even August. It's only June 2nd. 

1 hour ago, QPEast said:

The only issue I see at the moment is the lack of stadium news. 

The stadium issue and communication hangs over everything, though. The fact we’re on our fifth permanent manager since 2019 is a concern as well. We need stability on and off the pitch. Beuker has a track record and, in fairness, on-field has been largely positive, but we really need things to bed down and settle now. 

Incidentally, I’ve no doubt that whenever we do end up back in the Southside that it’ll be met with the trademark lack of humility, as if they actually knew what they were doing all along. 

15 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Despite not being able (due work) to make all games and also enjoying the away days, I was considering buying a ST, (son is desperate for one), but there is absolutely no way that purchase is happening until there's notification of where we're playing next year.

I've not been past LH for a while but am guessing that other than the Royal Box and opposite 'home' stand nothing much else has happened.  I've seen (very impressively) a German company come in and erect a steel multi-storey car park at Aberdeen airport in a number of weeks but given the glacial pace of construction at LH over the last however many years I doubt even temporary structures could be in situ by the start of the season.  With Dundee Utd and potentially Ross County joining us in the Championship I can easily see us being in Cumbernauld for at least part of the season next year.

Seeing more and more clubs come out against the Conference League. I suspect we will act accordingly, more down to which way the wind is blowing, rather than through having any conviction on the matter. 

Contrast our utterly arrogant stance on fans views with that of Dumbarton:

“Ultimately, we are influenced by the strong opinion of our fans for whom we are striving to provide an attractive match day experience.”

16 hours ago, an86 said:

The stadium issue and communication hangs over everything, though.

Yup, it's the complete lack of communication from the club that gets me. Members, season ticket holders, supporters and the much vaunted 'local community' need to be kept informed on what the club are doing. It's as if they are actively trying to alienate the support.

6 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Despite not being able (due work) to make all games and also enjoying the away days, I was considering buying a ST, (son is desperate for one), but there is absolutely no way that purchase is happening until there's notification of where we're playing next year.

I've not been past LH for a while but am guessing that other than the Royal Box and opposite 'home' stand nothing much else has happened.  I've seen (very impressively) a German company come in and erect a steel multi-storey car park at Aberdeen airport in a number of weeks but given the glacial pace of construction at LH over the last however many years I doubt even temporary structures could be in situ by the start of the season.  With Dundee Utd and potentially Ross County joining us in the Championship I can easily see us being in Cumbernauld for at least part of the season next year.

Cove banged up 2 temporary end stands in a matter of a few days last summer. If there’s a will, there’s a way.

5 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Cove banged up 2 temporary end stands in a matter of a few days last summer. If there’s a will, there’s a way.

They went through the planning application process for those stands during May/early June.

We haven’t don’t that