The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

43 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

According to the Mail we're no longer interested in the Conference League.

https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen/status/1663673139279060994?t=DxKa4BhiFxe_3LCQySnSVA&s=19

It would be interesting to read why they expressed an interest and then, fairly quickly, expressed their disinterest. Timing not right or did Haughey walk away from this one?

Meanwhile, Project Dempster-Empire carries on at a pace...

Foundation Announces Restructure - Queen's Park Football Club (queensparkfc.co.uk)

13 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It would be interesting to read why they expressed an interest and then, fairly quickly, expressed their disinterest. Timing not right or did Haughey walk away from this one?

Maybe we couldn't afford the £100k buy-in?  I always say look at the positives so it's turned out to be a blessing that ICT pocketed the rumoured £480k windfall from their SC run rather than us!

22 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Foundation Announces Restructure - Queen's Park Football Club (queensparkfc.co.uk)

7 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Maybe we couldn't afford the £100k buy-in?  I always say look at the positives so it's turned out to be a blessing that ICT pocketed the rumoured £480k windfall from their SC run rather than us!

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that we were never really interested in the first place. The outrage generates a lot of clicks though. 

24 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that we were never really interested in the first place. The outrage generates a lot of clicks though. 

If this Conference league proposal does not go through, then there is a suggestion that the SPFL will form a league 5 with B teams and have a division of 10 teams by inviting in either 4/5 teams from the central belt to make up the numbers. B teams would not be able for promotion and the highest placed of the other teams would playoff against the bottom team in league 2. There would be no relegation and no £100k to pay.

8 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

If this Conference league proposal does not go through, then there is a suggestion that the SPFL will form a league 5 with B teams and have a division of 10 teams by inviting in either 4/5 teams from the central belt to make up the numbers. B teams would not be able for promotion and the highest placed of the other teams would playoff against the bottom team in league 2. There would be no relegation and no £100k to pay.

Isnt that exactly the same as the conference league, but without highland league teams?

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

According to the Mail we're no longer interested in the Conference League.

https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen/status/1663673139279060994?t=DxKa4BhiFxe_3LCQySnSVA&s=19

Well, that's a relief. I wonder why it was even contemplated - unless it was to use Lesser for the reserves/young QP and a new 'bigger and better' stadium elsewhere?

Was there ever an actual statement from anyone at QP about it? Just seemed strange that initial claim came out of the SFA's favourite mouthpiece, McGowan of the Mail, minutes after Aberdeen said they didn't want anything to do with the Conference, just like this supposed U-turn.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Was there ever an actual statement from anyone at QP about it? Just seemed strange that initial claim came out of the SFA's favourite mouthpiece, McGowan of the Mail, minutes after Aberdeen said they didn't want anything to do with the Conference, just like this supposed U-turn.

Didn't hear a thing from the club but that's not unusual. I find out more about the club on here than I do from them.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Malky will be your next manager next ? 

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Isnt that exactly the same as the conference league, but without highland league teams?

Not quite, but very similar, after all the clubs invited in could be outwith the Lowland league and might include Brechin.

9 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Surely not, @SandyCromartyvwas saying they'd made millions off that run.

44 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

SPFL Mediawatch reported that ICT's possible prize money was around £500k, compared to QP's c. £20k's worth, therefore £480k

Of course, it's worth bearing in mind that there is absolutely no guarantee we would have won the matches required to reach the final. Indeed, considering our form in the latter part of the season, it seems pretty unlikely.

10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Of course, it's worth bearing in mind that there is absolutely no guarantee we would have won the matches required to reach the final. Indeed, considering our form in the latter part of the season, it seems pretty unlikely.

Spot on, ICT's form improved somewhat whilst ours nose-dived.  

Even on a practical level, I doubt with our squad size we could have sustained both a Championship campaign and a B-team anyway....especially with nowhere to play!!

54 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Spot on, ICT's form improved somewhat whilst ours nose-dived.  

Even on a practical level, I doubt with our squad size we could have sustained both a Championship campaign and a B-team anyway....especially with nowhere to play!!

In the end, we didn’t sustain either. And gave up our best shot at a trophy by playing our B team against Raith in the Challenge cup.

Decisions, decisions!