The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Sorry Spiders, I know you'll be sick of these questions...

Have you guys not outgrown Lesser? What's the capacity going to be?

Is the grand design to move back into big Hampden if you make it to the promised land?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but now we're staying I was wondering if I will be making the short trip to Ochilview or driving through the Hampden next season.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

image.png.ad568cdbe71791148062732e95cfc923.png

Would you update your cover photo to a stadium where you are not playing next season? Logic & common sense (I know) would suggest that we intend to be playing at Lesser...

We've been intending to play at lesser since last autumn. I'm sure there were earlier dates than that too.

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Sorry Spiders, I know you'll be sick of these questions... yes, we are. Not because you are asking, because we don’t know the answers.

Have you guys not outgrown Lesser? What's the capacity going to be? Anywhere between one and four thousand. Unless the north end is earmarked for a sauna, snooker hall, tanning salon and an ice cream shop for the main sponsor.

Is the grand design to move back into bug Hampden if you make it to the promised land? The grand design hasn’t been made up yet. They’re still tinkering with the incredibly expensive cockeyed design.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but now we're staying I was wondering if I will be making the short trip to Ochilview or driving through the Hampden next season. Now that our league position has been settled we should know soon. Hampden is no longer required, not for football anyway. They say it’ll take 9 months to build the south stand, which is ridiculous. The only realistic option is build the south stand/terrace for 24/25 and put a temporary stand for away fans in the north stand for 23/24 and leave the east stand for QP fans and building a home support across the season.

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

The key thing for me is Saturday football.   Queen's Park have to be able to guarantee Saturday football, otherwise they shouldn't be allowed in the Championship next year. 

Bahahahahahahaha

Oh, wait, you're serious? 

Bahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Sorry Spiders, I know you'll be sick of these questions...

Have you guys not outgrown Lesser? What's the capacity going to be?

Is the grand design to move back into big Hampden if you make it to the promised land?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but now we're staying I was wondering if I will be making the short trip to Ochilview or driving through the Hampden next season.

Glass houses ( people ) ?

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

The key thing for me is Saturday football.   Queen's Park have to be able to guarantee Saturday football, otherwise they shouldn't be allowed in the Championship next year. 

It may well be the key thing for you (and I'm confident no Queen's fan wants a repeat of last season's events either), but the SPFL rules don't stipulate anything like that. All they state is that league fixtures will normally be played on a Saturday, subject to any other considerations.

Speaking of rules though, clubs need to register their home ground by the 1st of June, so you'd imagine something has been decided already. Whether they actually tell us any sooner than strictly necessary is another matter altogether.

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are you the one making that decision next year? 

Because if not then your opinion is pretty irrelevant. Stick to moaning about the bunnet. 

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Are you the one making that decision next year? 

Because if not then your opinion is pretty irrelevant. Stick to moaning about the bunnet. 

Yes, its just my opinion.  Queens are getting a sporting advantage by getting to play on Fridays.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

In what way? 

By playing on Friday, as a full time team, they have an advantage, because not only are they regularly playing on Fridays, and so can adjust their training routines accordingly, but they have a considerable advantage over part time players who need to do a day's work on Friday.

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

By playing on Friday, as a full time team, they have an advantage, because not only are they regularly playing on Fridays, and so can adjust their training routines accordingly, but they have a considerable advantage over part time players who need to do a day's work on Friday.

There’s two part time teams in the league mate and one of them dropped out this season.

QP do not have an advantage playing on a Friday night and I think what you’ve just written there is one of the worst takes ever published on a fan forum. Basically you’re raging because Arbroath may be a bit more tired on a Friday night playing QP. 

10 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Do you complain to the BBC every time they put an Arbroath game in their Friday night Championship game slot?

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

It must be awkward when you can't keep your point of view consistent over a single post.

But that doesn’t play out over a season my friend. I’m not even aware of what the results were between the two sides this season but I can guarantee you that Arbroath did not lose to QP because some of their players had to work on a Friday. It’s also made less relevant when everyone else has to play on a Friday at some point. In fact Arbroath actually beat Ayr on a Friday despite that huge disadvantage you keep going on about. 

1 minute ago, BMG Spider said:

Do you complain to the BBC every time they put an Arbroath game in their Friday night Championship game slot?

I do if its Queen's Park.  When its 2 teams who normally play on Saturdays, both teams are disrupted.   And yes, I did complain in March when we got a run of something like 4 or 5 Friday matches in a row.  

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

But that doesn’t play out over a season my friend. I’m not even aware of what the results were between the two sides this season but I can guarantee you that Arbroath did not lose to QP because some of their players had to work on a Friday. 

That's not really relevant.  It just means that we had to overcome a larger disadvantage than normal.  You said yourself that Friday night football is a disadvantage for part time teams.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

I do if its Queen's Park.  When its 2 teams who normally play on Saturdays, both teams are disrupted.   And yes, I did complain in March when we got a run of something like 4 or 5 Friday matches in a row.  

That's not really relevant.  It just means that we had to overcome a larger disadvantage than normal.  You said yourself that Friday night football is a disadvantage for part time teams.

In hindsight it’s not really though. Most players will make arrangements to leave work early and they’re given enough warning to do so. 

The salient point is that Queens Park do not hold any sporting advantage by playing on a Friday night. It’s nonsense. 

40 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I did complain in March when we got a run of something like 4 or 5 Friday matches in a row.

....... but 2 of those were Arbroath home games and only 1 of the others was due to QP.