The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

There have been so many - a couple of the Thistle games, winning 5-2 through in Kirkcaldy after going behind, and Cliftonville away all stand out (as did Inverness mid week in the cup after we still won despite finding out Murray had left on the way, but that went downhill quickly).

I think if I had to pick though it'd be Arbroath away just before Christmas. Silky football players in awful conditions, a good travelling support, and an all round phenomenal away day. I think that was when I realised might actually have been genuine title contenders.

Missed both Arbroath away games due work, so looking forward to those next season, (the boy's wanting a trip north to Roo's Leap afterwards, who am I to argue!).

For me, SM's free kick and what came after in Kirkcaldy, being back at Hampden for that 20-odd minute spell against Hamilton and the running commentary/slagging of Shay Logan's shorts v Cove.

Other than a complete Lesser and progression with the team, what I'd really like to see next year (and hopefully it'll happen given year two with Macron) is a reversion back to a bonkers away kit.

Just now, Zanetti said:

Grant Savoury has ruptured his ACL. Obviously I hope he recovers quickly and it doesn't hinder his career, but that's a bit of a disaster for us.

Absolutely horrible news in pretty much every way.

For him personally, it goes without saying that 6-9 months without football will be so difficult. For us next season, we're already missing one of our best players for at least half the season. And for us financially, if you believe the rumours of the interest from down south, we miss out on a potential nice pay day moving him on this summer.

I thought the disappointment would have stopped after our season was finished 😭

Gutted for the guy. Was probably on the cusp of a very decent move down south this summer which would have enhanced his career massively from a playing and financial perspective. Horrible timing to get an ACL injury at any stage in your career but it must leave a sour taste for him knowing it was the 2nd last game of the season 

Id imagine that all but rules him out for the entirety of next season. Will need to be some pretty exceptional signings by beuker and Coyle this summer 

Wish him all the best in his recovery and he comes back even stronger

Edited by qpfc

First commiserations to Grant. I trust that you will have a complete recovery. 

Second the club must definitively state where we are playing our home games next season before the season tickets are put on sale. I'm pretty sure it won't be Lesser. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Grant Savoury has ruptured his ACL. Obviously I hope he recovers quickly and it doesn't hinder his career, but that's a bit of a disaster for us.

That's not very good news for him months out and at this time in his career,  here's to a good recovery for him........ when did it happen ???

12 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Exactly a bit of perspective as opposed to the embarrassing spectacle of the group of so called fans rushing down pitch side to hurl abuse at OC and the players after loss of the 3rd goal on Friday 😔 

Exactly that, those fans were an embarrassment. Clearly they have forgotten that it’s their team who have over achieved this season, and last - and that their team is made up of human beings. 

Any recent pics of Lesser, and any progress behind either of the goals? It shouldn’t be hard to get at least one temporary stand up behind a goal for away fans, giving you a 1,500ish capacity for next season. 

(I know nothing should have been as hard as your board seem to make it)

15 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That's not very good news for him months out and at this time in his career,  here's to a good recovery for him........ when did it happen ???

Against us in the first leg presumably, a totally innocuous challenge (and one that would have been avoided entirely if Kevin Clancy was a bit more on the ball). 

2 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Any recent pics of Lesser, and any progress behind either of the goals? It shouldn’t be hard to get at least one temporary stand up behind a goal for away fans, giving you a 1,500ish capacity for next season. 

(I know nothing should have been as hard as your board seem to make it)

You're completely right, it shouldn't be hard, but when it comes to stadium construction, we've been making the relatively simple look like underwater rocket science for quite a while now.  

Maybe I'm being harsh....perhaps they're just trying to get the design right, after all, don't want the celebrity insta photo's from the Royal Pavilion being ruined by an aesthetically displeasing monstrosity behind the goals now do we?

9 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

You're completely right, it shouldn't be hard, but when it comes to stadium construction, we've been making the relatively simple look like underwater rocket science for quite a while now.  

Maybe I'm being harsh....perhaps they're just trying to get the design right, after all, don't want the celebrity insta photo's from the Royal Pavilion being ruined by an aesthetically displeasing monstrosity behind the goals now do we?

Never fear. We have called in a top team of stadium design experts to sort it all out...

image.png.b506b6427afd33efbc0fa13163dbd266.png

19 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Gutted for him, never great to see or hear. Hopefully he's got a good team around him to keep him going through the rehab. We've had our more than fair share of these injuries and wouldn't wish it on anyone else. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It is quite simply remarkable how quickly Queen's Park has gone from the last bastion of amateurism and playing for the love of the game in senior football to a rather detestable franchise indeed. Kudos.

If this is true I will be incredibly disappointed in the club. I'd be amazed if the vast majority of the fans wouldn't be against that. It'd be a horrific bit of publicity for the club.