The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not sure that he does own 50% of Hampden but a guy told me on Saturday that he actually owns Parkhead, which he bought when Celtic were a ba hair from going under. Given he was quite unceremoniously elbowed out by the new regime there, maybe the plan is to move us to Parkhead and rent Lesser out to Celtic.

He didn’t own Parkhead (or even Celtic Park😉) but he bought the land the stadium sat on for £1000. Yes, one thousand pounds. I still have a copy of the land register. The story was McCann gifted it to him when he returned to Canada. However, I understand that has since lapsed due to a change in planning by-laws or regulations. 

There was also a rumour of him (companies) buying or long-leasing Cathkin a few years ago for the Jimmy Johnstone Academy but I can’t find any trace of that now. It was before he became involved (allegedly) in the Lesser development. Or should that be underdevelopment.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He didn’t own Parkhead (or even Celtic Park😉) but he bought the land the stadium sat on for £1000. Yes, one thousand pounds. I still have a copy of the land register. The story was McCann gifted it to him when he returned to Canada. However, I understand that has since lapsed due to a change in planning by-laws or regulations. 

There was also a rumour of him (companies) buying or long-leasing Cathkin a few years ago for the Jimmy Johnstone Academy but I can’t find any trace of that now. It was before he became involved (allegedly) in the Lesser development. Or should that be underdevelopment.

Not as good a story as mine! I did wonder about him owning Celtic Park.

We'll look back at the last three years and laugh one day.......

50 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not as good a story as mine! I did wonder about him owning Celtic Park.

We'll look back at the last three years and laugh one day.......

Writing about Haughey’s like writing about the Royals. You can say what you want knowing he’ll never come out and defend it. So fire away…just don’t mention the East Kilbride car park.

On 22/03/2023 at 13:31, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Writing about Haughey’s like writing about the Royals. You can say what you want knowing he’ll never come out and defend it. So fire away…just don’t mention the East Kilbride car park.

And don't mention the alleged dodgy goings on at Livi either lol

Edited by chattyman

On 22/03/2023 at 13:31, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Praise the Lord!

We've come a long, long way together

You have to praise him like you should..d..d..d... 😇 

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Bringing the world back into perspective, on Friday the Club are doing a great job in marking the anniversary of the loss of one of our fans. They've also done really well in supporting the charity Epilepsy Scotland.

I never met Martin, but I know his cousin well, and I know that the family have been overwhelmed with the support and tributes from the Club and Supporters Association not just regarding tonight but throughout the years since his passing.

Well done to all involved.

Although a disappointing result, I think it was coming. We’ve not been at our best recently but managed to grind out results when necessary. We’re still in it and let’s hope this is a wake up call and we can get our act together. This has been a bonkers league this year with a great number of unexpected results. I would have bitten your arm off at the start of the season to be in this position. 

As they say, onwards and upwards. 

19 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

This appears to be factually incorrect, given the new criteria:

The club expect to play at Lesser before season’s end, but its eventual 1,700 capacity means, should they get promoted once more, they will have to move again to meet the Premiership’s 6000 minimum requirement.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Totally inaccurate, that 6000 capacity rule was ditched during the rearrangements after Rangers died.  You need 500 covered seats, and then to meet all the licensing criteria (floodlights, facilities etc).  

Not for the Gold standard. This is the SFA Licensing Standards for 2022-23.

Should be noted that when we started this journey 3 years ago, Bronze was the level we were aiming for. The new pitch qualifies for Platinum.
image.thumb.jpeg.4143131696ed948c44d35061c99fb4b9.jpeg

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks