The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

there is apparently only 1 access point, at the south-east corner, not 2 at either ends of the stand).

There’s actually another being built at the other end of the East Stand although it’ll probably get used if the stand is segregated.

9A295BE0-75C0-4DA3-B12F-D0969E3EDD2F.jpeg

Edited by h_w7864

37 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Just count the seats I make it 450 ish but hard to see standing area spaces.

Forgetting the two ends for now - 

Each section has 28 seats in each row

4 sections have six rows (=28 x 4 x 6 seats) which gives 672 seats

1 section has four rows (the accessible spaces are behind) (=28 x 4) which gives 112 seats

The end section at the south has 64 seats

The end section at the north has 85 seats

There are 10 accessible spaces

So I make it 943ish seats (some with restricted views) but I don't know about standing areas.

There are plans for the south stand but I haven't counted the seats there. As far as I can find out there are no other submitted plans for further development but these could well be at the conceptualisation stage and no firm design has been drafted.

Still rubbish mind you.

1 hour ago, Paisley Ton said:

Well that might have been the original plan.

Just count the seats I make it 450 ish but hard to see standing area spaces.

Me thinks this is a not what Queen's PK fans had hoped for but what comes out of a failed construction contract..

By the way I had 40 years in construction managing design teams and I think my clients would still be in court taking me to the cleaners if I delivered this project.

there is about 8-900 seats & no standing area.

Still shite though

10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

there is about 8-900 seats & no standing area.

Still shite though

Fridays fixture, for example, wouldn’t have generated as much income if it was sold out at 800. There will be far higher attendances to come, that’s for sure. 

We have people on the QP payroll earning a lot of money to make decisions restricting club growth. It’s not very good folks. 

Haughey won’t be around forever, I thought the plan was sustainability?  

Don’t get me started on the standing area. As far as I’m concerned that’s a class decision. Build a 40 seater for them but the hardcore don’t get an area to stand and, ye know, actually sing and encourage the team. 

It’s all backward and because Coyle, Beuker and the players are getting it right we should all shut up and do as we’re told. 

Right, moan done for today, I’m away out with the pooch, have a good Sunday Spiders.

Edited by QPSpider1867

48 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Looks like another shitstorm on the horizon for your club. :lol:

It's the same shitstorm but it just comes from different directions.

That said, a win against the team behind us in the league and all the other teams near the top drop points. The team are a shining light in amongst all the shitstormery.

On 03/02/2023 at 22:58, mcjameos said:

Possibly contraversial but surely it would make sense, at this stage, to finish the season at a ground we know. 

League games at Stenny. 5 wins 2 draws 1 loss (Ayr in the first game). If that pattern continues, changing to a new and untested playing surface would be risky. 

5 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Fridays fixture, for example, wouldn’t have generated as much income if it was sold out at 800. There will be far higher attendances to come, that’s for sure. 

I put the figures from the architects drawings up a while back and it’s much closer to 1000 than is being speculated on. The Away section is designated as the south stand and is designed for 500. With the exception of the Ne’erday game against Thistle that would have been enough for the other visitors. Problem is we haven’t built that stand yet even though it’s ready to be built. Can’t help but think the settlement on the first project is where our south stand is. £858k would just about have done it. We don’t even need it to be a stand. In fact, we didn’t need to build any stands, covered terraces would have been allowed and more appropriate, especially for travelling fans. 

I suppose the spin will be that with the temporary arrangement of having both groups of fans in the same stand we hope to have a different ratio e.g. 80% home. That should ensure we keep pissing off our guests. We can be sure it’ll be a mess though. For example, if Ayr had been awarded 200 seats, and we only sold 500, we’d be out of pocket, again, and Ayr (other good clubs available) would be cheated out of 300 noisy fans. And let’s not forget the shambles of how we’ll treat our hospitality guests as they get shunted in and out of the ground between the Pavillion and the East stand.

In Dempster’s awful interview the other night the most telling part for me was the answer to the question about “are we ready for the Premiership?” “Let’s just get there and we’ll take it as it comes” was the words of inspiration from the Queen Clown. Those who have seen her at meetings will have spotted she’s very short on detail and absorbing key information, as was brutally exposed in last week’s fiasco. To even suggest we should enter the top tier with a “lets’s give it a whirl” attitude is inviting a world of pain none of us can even imagine.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I put the figures from the architects drawings up a while back and it’s much closer to 1000 than is being speculated on. The Away section is designated as the south stand and is designed for 500. With the exception of the Ne’erday game against Thistle that would have been enough for the other visitors. Problem is we haven’t built that stand yet even though it’s ready to be built. Can’t help but think the settlement on the first project is where our south stand is. £858k would just about have done it. We don’t even need it to be a stand. In fact, we didn’t need to build any stands, covered terraces would have been allowed and more appropriate, especially for travelling fans. 

I suppose the spin will be that with the temporary arrangement of having both groups of fans in the same stand we hope to have a different ratio e.g. 80% home. That should ensure we keep pissing off our guests. We can be sure it’ll be a mess though. For example, if Ayr had been awarded 200 seats, and we only sold 500, we’d be out of pocket, again, and Ayr (other good clubs available) would be cheated out of 300 noisy fans. And let’s not forget the shambles of how we’ll treat our hospitality guests as they get shunted in and out of the ground between the Pavillion and the East stand.

In Dempster’s awful interview the other night the most telling part for me was the answer to the question about “are we ready for the Premiership?” “Let’s just get there and we’ll take it as it comes” was the words of inspiration from the Queen Clown. Those who have seen her at meetings will have spotted she’s very short on detail and absorbing key information, as was brutally exposed in last week’s fiasco. To even suggest we should enter the top tier with a “lets’s give it a whirl” attitude is inviting a world of pain none of us can even imagine.

I’ve not seen the interview you’re referring to but will try find it online. It’s the half time interview I assume. That’s scary stuff however if the super professional Chief Exec plan is to wing it. 

Dempster spoke about premiership football when she arrived in L2. Now there’s no plan if we get there years later? What the f**k does she actually do? I’m bemused at every turn with her, I find it so incompetent. 

As I’ve said in other posts, I can accept a volunteer making an error or two but this is a highly paid ‘professional’ that’s hindering our club rather than progressing it. 

Friday was magic by the way, I thought everything went perfect from a QP perspective. 

The new lad Oakley looked very good and Davidson offered an assist basically. Squad depth is always nice. That probably did Davidson good because Dundee away was a tough one for him.

Also buzzing with Shields debut. That’s a like for like replacement for Murray. Someone with legs and energy to buzz about up top as a lone striker and allow the other 3 attackers time to support. 

Ayr offered nothing for long spells. Very direct to Akinyemi but Fox and Kilday were magic, AGAIN. That partnership is so strong.

It was interesting to see the team complexion with our starter striker sold but honestly we looked as good, if not better, than usual. I have no fears now with the 3 January signings, we’re maybe stronger which sounds daft after losing the lead goal scorer. 

Coyle and the boys putting on the style as per usual. 

54 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I’ve not seen the interview you’re referring to but will try find it online. It’s the half time interview I assume. That’s scary stuff however if the super professional Chief Exec plan is to wing it. 

Dempster spoke about premiership football when she arrived in L2. Now there’s no plan if we get there years later? What the f**k does she actually do? I’m bemused at every turn with her, I find it so incompetent. 

As I’ve said in other posts, I can accept a volunteer making an error or two but this is a highly paid ‘professional’ that’s hindering our club rather than progressing it. 

I was disappointed at how poorly Ms Dempster came across in that interview.  Whatever your thoughts of people at this level in business, most are very good speakers – believability is another thing.  I can understand she will want to play down promotion prospects (as there is still a long way to go) and not want to divulge any associated plans - I suspect (hope) her words were poorly chosen (see first sentence).  If not, as you say, what does she actually do.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

League games at Stenny. 5 wins 2 draws 1 loss (Ayr in the first game). If that pattern continues, changing to a new and untested playing surface would be risky. 

Whoops, I make it 6, 2 and 2 - missed the Morton defeat but agree with the sentiments 

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I read this and knew I’d seen more than 1 league defeat at Stennie. I make our record there 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses (Ayr and Morton). 

But, much to my point earlier. I would not wish to change to Lesser for our last 2 crucial home games. 

3 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I'm quite sure there will have been a long-term plan but no one would have anticipated that Queen's would be challenging at the top of the Championship two years later. What exactly are you expecting her to say?

50 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

I read this and knew I’d seen more than 1 league defeat at Stennie. I make our record there 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses (Ayr and Morton). 

But, much to my point earlier. I would not wish to change to Lesser for our last 2 crucial home games. 

Yeh, Morton for sure. Between now and end of March I’d expect a lot more on the win column. If it ain’t broken…