The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Back to being buzzing again. A stupid football club.

Yes, we are all buzzing again, but it would be nice to hear what the TMWNN, think that is what he called himself on this site, has to say on the subject about the teamlines against Inverness.

2 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Where do you get that the north end is earmarked for a residential development?

Previous posts and quotes in this thread e.g.

Jul 2022:
"Due to the larger area the club are looking at additional commercial (non-football) buildings, perhaps even flats."

Dec 2022:
"The North has always been in abeyance as the land area there merits a partial sale or property development to provide residual income".

Last month:
It’s much more probable that we’ll have a stand on the scale/design of the east/south and the remaining land sold for flats.

Last week:
As far as we know there are currently no plans for that north 
end of the stadium.

No plans have ever been submitted or concepts unveiled for spectator accommodation at that end AFAICS. However if there aren't imminent plans to build permanent spectator - or other - facilities you'd think throwing up a temporary stand for next season would be a goer.

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Why have they filled in the corners? Wouldn't that add in a few extra seats? One catering outlet won't cut it if they need to segregate.

Those corners contain the toilets and catering serveries.

image.thumb.png.47808529758cdc947e113ab591bf5c3e.png

image.thumb.png.a728580c7a8c5e75703a7468715a56dd.png

Tbf going by most recent plans there's now a small food & beverage hatch and 1x "temporary away fans turnstile" at north-east end i.e. aiding segregation:

image.thumb.png.c8b746fbbfe3c4cccef7255cbd4ef9fc.png

Interestingly the new stand has 29x "restricted view" and 6x "non-compliant" seats.

Edited by HibeeJibee

26 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Those corners contain the toilets and catering serveries.

image.thumb.png.47808529758cdc947e113ab591bf5c3e.png

image.thumb.png.a728580c7a8c5e75703a7468715a56dd.png

Tbf going by most recent plans there's now a small food & beverage hatch and 1x "temporary away fans turnstile" at north-east end i.e. aiding segregation:

image.thumb.png.c8b746fbbfe3c4cccef7255cbd4ef9fc.png

Interestingly the new stand has 29x "restricted view" and 6x "non-compliant" seats.

Makes sense I guess. Having restricted view seats though seems particularly tinpot.

48 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Yes, we are all buzzing again, but it would be nice to hear what the TMWNN, think that is what he called himself on this site, has to say on the subject about the teamlines against Inverness.

Given that it is more than likely QP will top the league, what an absolute shambles/laughing stock they would be to not have a stadium to call home ? 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I suspect nothing. Be nice to be proved wrong though

Same goes for an apology from the guilty party. If the President can't bring himself to apologise to the fans I suspect this will be the policy of the whole committee.

At least Leeann Dempster had the grace to apologise.

3 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Leanne Dempster mentioned the 'Hampden Campus'. Perhaps the future is that Queen's Park will register their home ground as the 'Hampden Campus' and play their bigger games at 'Greater' Hampden and their low-key games at Lesser.

Despite the ridiculously wasteful events conducted by our committee aka Directors, the person most deluded by the largesse now associated with the club is undoubtedly Leanne Dempster. A very low quality individual who has a high self esteem that makes her believe any nonsense she says will be believed by anyone listening. The ‘campus’ is a fiction of her mind, coloured in by her marketing degree.

There’s a number of sites around the city used by the club. We know of the Lochinch training camp where the first team are based. We have a long-term lease on that. Other sites which don’t belong to the club but are reportedly used for the community programmes are in Toryglen, near Hampden, Scotstoun stadium in the north-west and the hockey centre at Glasgow Green. Another area of the Pollok Estate has also been earmarked for development. Maybe, one day, the second Hampden might be part of the Grand Plan. All this, in Dempster’s mind (and no doubt her CV) will be The Campus.

8 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Same goes for an apology from the guilty party. If the President can't bring himself to apologise to the fans I suspect this will be the policy of the whole committee.

I wonder if the SFA judgement had been announced on a day when Dempster wasn’t due to appear on the BBC if she would have been quite as active. 🤔

At half-time, the Board and entourage retired to a room facing the stand. Large windows and visible to anyone who cared to look. A great opportunity I thought for them to forego their warm drinks and tasty savoury pies and just step out, wander around the stand and engage with the fans. Offer some genuine contrition, face-to-face, and let the fans vent a little bit.

Nah! Why bother when we can send out a patronising Tweet. Where’s the brown sauce?

12 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

The Hampden campus thing was mentioned on the bbc sport website today. It links to a sun article that suggests Steve Clarke wants Scotland to train at Lesser rather than Oriam in the build up to home internationals. 

Not sure what I think of that. Knee jerk reaction would be to tell SFA to gtf however I realise that, correctly negotiated, this could generate an additional income stream. 

Edited by mcjameos

26 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Not sure what I think of that. Knee jerk reaction would be to tell SFA to gtf however I realise that, correctly negotiated, this could generate an additional income stream. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Despite the ridiculously wasteful events conducted by our committee aka Directors, the person most deluded by the largesse now associated with the club is undoubtedly Leanne Dempster. A very low quality individual who has a high self esteem that makes her believe any nonsense she says will be believed by anyone listening.

3 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Her apology was a reaction to a reaction. I find it extremely difficult to believe that she wouldn’t have had any input into the public statement. The apology only came from her own personal account after multiple people asked where the apology was. I’d say I’d be willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but that has long expired when it comes to communication. 

6 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Planning permission showed East stand as holding 959... 671 seats, 274 standing, 14 disabled/helpers... but it's been built as all-seater so presumably slightly reduced. (Note it includes some hospitality seats who will apparently use the street to walk around from pavilion on the opposite side of the pitch; you'd also have to deduct any segregation areas - although in that regard there is apparently only 1 access point, at the south-east corner, not 2 at either ends of the stand).

If and when South stand is built it'll jncrease capacity to 1,450-1,500 (less whatever reduction making the East... and it?... all-seater).

They replaced plans for a West stand of 752 seats, 150 standing, 12 disabled/helpers with 40 seat directors box. (In doing so they also scrapped plans for 44 seated, 4 disabled/helpers directors box to be added to the pavilion. Equally they did slightly increase East plans by 104 seated and 43 standing places). 

Well that might have been the original plan.

Just count the seats I make it 450 ish but hard to see standing area spaces.

Me thinks this is a not what Queen's PK fans had hoped for but what comes out of a failed construction contract..

By the way I had 40 years in construction managing design teams and I think my clients would still be in court taking me to the cleaners if I delivered this project.