The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

So either by Hamilton 15/04 or the potential title decide against Dundee 05/05? Can’t see it myself, but who knows. 

Possibly contraversial but surely it would make sense, at this stage, to finish the season at a ground we know. 

3 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Possibly contraversial but surely it would make sense, at this stage, to finish the season at a ground we know. 

Completely agree. The team have put in some great performances at Ochilview, just stay there. I can see us playing at Lesser if we make the playoffs though. 

12 hours ago, Nelson said:

Genuinely surprised that no one on the management team thought to query it as this is a pretty well known rule about players signed after a postponement.  “Pretty well known” in that even I knew about it.  Plenty of discussion on the Ayr thread about whether Mullin could play for us on Tuesday which indicates that plenty of fans are aware of this rule too.

If you knew, why didn't you tell them?  It's kinda all your fault that your team is out the cup IMO.

14 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We’ll learn from it! Sounds like Nicola Fucking Sturgeon. 

Doesn’t matter how much it’s fucked up, how many times it’s fucked up, as long as we’re learning.  Just what we hoped to hear. 

Get her far away! And shove Hunter in the boot at the same time. 

This is a football forum. You should express your political views elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Leanne Dempster just said she hasn’t been to Lesser Hampden in all the time she’s been at the club! How is that even possible if you’re Chief Executive? Aren’t they based out of the offices there? 

Working from home,  that old chestnut...

Just viewed the photos of the stadium.

Hope these where taken in October.

There is no chance of getting a safety certificate this side of May 2023.

Had hope to visit this season but might never get a chance as all games will be all ticket.

The fans stand looks like it has about 436 seats!

How will you accommodate the numbers currently attending plus potential away fans?

11 hours ago, mcjameos said:

You shouldnt be allowed to just shift grounds on a whim.  The SPFL should have put their foot down in january and made it clear that all games were to be played in Ochilview.  

34 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Just viewed the photos of the stadium.

Hope these where taken in October.

There is no chance of getting a safety certificate this side of May 2023.

Had hope to visit this season but might never get a chance as all games will be all ticket.

The fans stand looks like it has about 436 seats!

How will you accommodate the numbers currently attending plus potential away fans?

Leanne Dempster mentioned the 'Hampden Campus'. Perhaps the future is that Queen's Park will register their home ground as the 'Hampden Campus' and play their bigger games at 'Greater' Hampden and their low-key games at Lesser.

8 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Leanne Dempster mentioned the 'Hampden Campus'. Perhaps the future is that Queen's Park will register their home ground as the 'Hampden Campus' and play their bigger games at 'Greater' Hampden and their low-key games at Lesser.

I suspect campus will include Maryhill, Airdrie, Hamilton, Cumbernauld and Stenhousemuir. 

3 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I noticed that too - sure there will be an effort along those lines, but can't see it happening without a fuss and probably not happening at all. Would require SFA/SPFL to make a special effort for us,  and I'd be surprised if they are so inclined. 

Edited by RichRJohnstone

1 minute ago, RichRJohnstone said:

I noticed that too - sure there will be an effort along those.lines, but can't see it happening without a fuss and probably not happening at all. Would require SFA/SPFL to make a special effort for us,  and I'd be surprised if they are so inclined. 

Maybe we inserted a buy-back clause when we sold Hampden.

:)

46 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You shouldnt be allowed to just shift grounds on a whim.  The SPFL should have put their foot down in january and made it clear that all games were to be played in Ochilview.  

Thats as maybe but my comments infer we should stay at Ochilview (imo) for what is left of the season - thats the ground we know. 

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Just viewed the photos of the stadium. Hope these where taken in October. There is no chance of getting a safety certificate this side of May 2023.

The fans stand looks like it has about 436 seats! How will you accommodate the numbers currently attending plus potential away fans?

Planning permission showed East stand as holding 959... 671 seats, 274 standing, 14 disabled/helpers... but it's been built as all-seater so presumably slightly reduced. (Note it includes some hospitality seats who will apparently use the street to walk around from pavilion on the opposite side of the pitch; you'd also have to deduct any segregation areas - although in that regard there is apparently only 1 access point, at the south-east corner, not 2 at either ends of the stand).

If and when South stand is built it'll jncrease capacity to 1,450-1,500 (less whatever reduction making the East... and it?... all-seater).

They replaced plans for a West stand of 752 seats, 150 standing, 12 disabled/helpers with 40 seat directors box. (In doing so they also scrapped plans for 44 seated, 4 disabled/helpers directors box to be added to the pavilion. Equally they did slightly increase East plans by 104 seated and 43 standing places). 

Edited by HibeeJibee

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

At least part of that end is earmarked for residential development.

There are plans to build a shallow stand at the other end nearer the camera.

Where do you get that the north end is earmarked for a residential development?

16 hours ago, G_&_T said:

444096892_Lesser20232.thumb.jpeg.ed55f26e0b4ef8aced312b47b981e23f.jpeg

I still think there is room on the north side to build a big stand, which would enable the club to play in the SPL. If you look at the red lines I have drawn and compare their size to the dumper truck, I think there's the ability to build quite high without causing any further obstruction to the residents behind, and if that bank can be shifted there's enough space going back. You could have 2,000 seats behind there, or a terrace of 3,000 IMHO (given the terrace capacities of Exeter FC and AFC Halifax Town). If it curved round the corner on the west side, it could still be a decent, albeit compact, ground. 

What we need to do is move the water tank to behind the goals at the north end and then build a 2,000 seater stand in front if it. This will release space for seating or indeed a standing area between the royal box and the corner flag at the end for more fans.