The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Share the same feelings regarding the bond this group of players have with the fans. Obviously winning games has helped in that aspect but there genuinely seems to be some great characters in this squad. I’ve noticed throughout several games this season that the players all usher the guys over to the fans when we score, particularly away from home. Even from the Inverness highlights, you see savoury getting Williamson over to the fans when he scores. You can tell how much Coyle values the supporters and he’s engrained that into the squad

Must of been pretty awful for the players coming back from Inverness after the game. Would imagine word got around pretty rapidly regarding the ineligible Henderson.

Wonder how young Henderson feels too. Not his fault of course but not a great welcome to the club. Hearts might be wondering too. If the club are currently negotiating other loans, second thoughts will be happening. 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed you weren't. And the rules were changed as a direct result of that nonsense decision. They had been amended by the following season.

True, for context we were initially kicked out but were able to show on appeal about half a dozen examples from the past 10 years or so where being kicked out wasn’t the punishment.    The fact it was known we’d get a big money tie vs Celtic in the next round drew more attention too it and the hard and fast rule came in.

We also along win hibs got semi-final replays abolished #trailblazers

Edited by parsforlife

26 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Wonder how young Henderson feels too. Not his fault of course but not a great welcome to the club. Hearts might be wondering too. If the club are currently negotiating other loans, second thoughts will be happening. 

Henderson was really good for us on Tuesday - a very promising player and he can in no way be held responsible for the cock-up regarding his registration.

1 hour ago, GM1867 said:

Well, there is that I suppose.  I'd accept written answers to fans questions, even here on P&B if they wish. I just want some communication from the club.

What an embarrassment for a club that was noted for administration in the early days of the sport. The contribution we made to football as we now know it owes a lot to the Scotch Professors in general and QPFC in particular. Robert Gardner and Andrew Watson are two wonderful administrators (amongst many others) from our past that shaped the modern game. 

Professors of Whisky?

35 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Hearts might be wondering too. If the club are currently negotiating other loans, second thoughts will be happening. 

Hearts won't give a monkey's. Why would they? He's either with you to get more experience, in which case the fact he played rather than sat in the stand is their gain (you could easily have gone out without him playing in the Cup). Or he's with you because he's leaving Hearts at the end of the season anyway, in which case it's not really relevant what he does. Either way it doesn't affect Hearts one iota.

9 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

LOL. Of course I do. 

I was unaware of this I have to admit.

I retract my previous comment and offer the humblest of apologies.

(which wont work with the SFA by the way....just sayin).

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

A penny for Coyle’s thoughts right now. As utterly fucking raging as us would be my guess. Not ideal while some big teams likely looking for a new manager, inc Dundee United sitting bottom of the league. 

Think Coyle should know the rules... Most people know players must be signed before original date of game.. If he didn't ask someone.... 

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

In other slightly less depressing news, Marcel Oakley has joined on loan from Birmingham City having spent the first half of the season at Arbroath where he did very well in a poor team.

It'll be good for Davidson to have a bit of competition at right back. I rate him, especially going forward, but I've felt a few times this season that it's probably not his natural position.

Oakley was excellent for us.  I thought he could easily have played at a higher level.  He'll do well for Queens.  I assumed he'd be going to a professional club in England next, not some amateur hour clown show who apparently can't read a rulebook.

9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Think Coyle should know the rules... Most people know players must be signed before original date of game.. If he didn't ask someone.... 

In my experience (and I've worked with a lot of them) football managers have absolutely no idea what many of the rules are. Why should they? It's not their job to study the rulebooks. I'd be genuinely surprised if any of our former managers knew a player had to be signed before the original date of the tie to be eligible. It's the job of the Club Secretary or someone else at the club taking on that responsibility to let them know who is eligible to play in the tie and who isn't.

To be honest it's a very easy thing to overlook with everything else going on. I've sympathy for them, but it won't save them. They'll be chucked out.

14 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Strange. There’s no planning consent for that end. Even a temporary stand for that space or length of time would need consent. Are they maybe clearing space for a lay-down area to build the stand at the other end?

Or have they just got the drawing upside down? Nothing would surprise me.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In my experience (and I've worked with a lot of them) football managers have absolutely no idea what many of the rules are. Why should they? It's not their job to study the rulebooks. I'd be genuinely surprised if any of our former managers knew a player had to be signed before the original date of the tie to be eligible. It's the job of the Club Secretary or someone else at the club taking on that responsibility to let them know who is eligible to play in the tie and who isn't.

To be honest it's a very easy thing to overlook with everything else going on. I've sympathy for them, but it won't save them. They'll be chucked out.

I think the rule is very harsh for a rescheduled game. If it was a replay then I can understand. 

I suppose there is a risk that teams would deliberately postpone games until players are signed, but it was our opponents pitch that couldn't fulfil the fixture. It is harsh in my opinion.  

3 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I think the rule is very harsh for a rescheduled game. If it was a replay then I can understand. 

I suppose there is a risk that teams would deliberately postpone games until players are signed, but it was our opponents pitch that couldn't fulfil the fixture. It is harsh in my opinion.  

Go on, I dare your club to base its defence on their opponents not having a suitable pitch to play on!

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Go on, I dare your club to base its defence on their opponents not having a suitable pitch to play on!

I think you'll find the pitch at Lesser Hampden is fantastic.

It's all the other stuff we don't have yet.