The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:
EDIT: Incidentally expulsion's a mandatory punishment under the rules it's not a discretionary offence.

Correct, under the JPP, the only possible result for a violation of SFA Rule 12 (player eligibility) is ejection from the cup, a possible forfeiture of the round cup payment, and a possible fine. (JPP Rule 303).

Spoiler

Rule 303 - SFA Rule 12  - Eligibility — clubs shall observe the terms of Competition Rule 12

Applies to - Clubs

Low End - Mandatory ejection from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup and/or loss of payment for the round and/or exclusion from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup

Mid Range - Mandatory ejection from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup and/or fine up to £5,000 and/or loss of payment for the round and/or exclusion from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup

Top End - Mandatory ejection from the Scottish Cup/Women’s Scottish Cup and/or fine up to £10,000 and/or loss of payment for the round and/or the exclusion from Scottish Cup/Women’s Scottish Cup

Maximum - Mandatory ejection from the Scottish Cup/Women’s Scottish Cup and/or fine up to £100,000 and/or loss of payment for the round and/or exclusion from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup

Edited by TxRover

Whole club feels like it’s being ran by a bunch of clowns. Can’t shake the feeling that Queen’s Park just don’t feel professional enough behind the scenes to be promoted. Don’t get me wrong, promotion would be spectacular, but with the the stadium issues and now this, just doesn’t feel right.

Talking about this with my mates in group chat last night, I just cannot see QP being the same threat without Murray spearheading that attack. Obviously have other dangerous players but Murray has been so good. 

Do you think you’ll now fall away or are you still confident? 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Talking about this with my mates in group chat last night, I just cannot see QP being the same threat without Murray spearheading that attack. Obviously have other dangerous players but Murray has been so good. 

We beat Inverness away from home 2-0. They had one shot at goal. We had seven. Murray isn’t what some make him out to be. Some fans love him because of all the cheeky nonsense. He’s top scorer because he’s had excellent ball service and made to feel like top-dog. We had Brophy at Queen’s when he was young, selfish and ruthless. Murray needs the spotlight to keep his confidence up. If he’s done this just for money he’s made a big mistake.

We’ll still be good enough to reach the play-offs. Despite the pain our administrators continue to inflict on us.

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We beat Inverness away from home 2-0. They had one shot at goal. We had seven. Murray isn’t what some make him out to be. Some fans love him because of all the cheeky nonsense. He’s top scorer because he’s had excellent ball service and made to feel like top-dog. We had Brophy at Queen’s when he was young, selfish and ruthless. Murray needs the spotlight to keep his confidence up. If he’s done this just for money he’s made a big mistake.

We’ll still be good enough to reach the play-offs. Despite the pain our administrators continue to inflict on us.

This sounds very bitter I do not see why he’s made a big mistake at all it makes sense on footballing reasons and financial ones? Seems a bit harsh too he’s got 9 more goals than anyone else and is only 1 assist behind Dom Thomas who has the most. Probably indirectly responsible for a fair few goals too with how much problems he causes defenders. Certainly not as worried about playing you as I was before, had the fear before and mainly because of Murray. 

And aye fair enough on last nights result but over the course of the rest of the season it’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. I thought you’d win it before and now I’m confident Dundee will pull through. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Still more than good enough to comfortably make playoffs but can’t see us winning the league now. Even with Murray, I doubt we’d of won the league anyway but I’d of gave us more of a fighting chance. 

We’re not going to suddenly become less threatening overnight I don’t feel. Guys like Thomas, savoury, Thomson and Boateng are the ones who create incredible amounts for the striker. It’s just a case of hoping Shields or Henderson can also take some of those chances. I’m not expecting mad numbers from those 2 like Murray has this season but as long they are somewhat competent, they’ll grab some goals for us. 

We took care of Inverness last night relatively comfortably by all accounts(despite most likely getting booted out the cup). Goalscorers are like gold dust at this level so we’ll need to see if this bites us in the backside 

Edited by qpfc

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Still more than good enough to comfortably make playoffs but can’t see us winning the league now. Even with Murray, I doubt we’d of won the league anyway but I’d of gave us more of a fighting chance. 

We’re not going to suddenly become less threatening overnight I don’t feel. Guys like Thomas, savoury, Thomson and Boateng are the ones who create incredible amounts for the striker. It’s just a case of hoping Shields or Henderson can also take some of those chances. I’m not expecting mad numbers from those 2 like Murray has this season but as long they are somewhat competent, they’ll grab some goals for us. 

We took care of Inverness last night relatively comfortably by all accounts(despite most likely getting booted out the cup). Goalscorers are like gold dust at this level so we’ll need to see if this bites us in the backside 

100 percent comfortably making playoffs like. Makes things interesting though and I wish you luck. 

15 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

c1hU1Rj_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

31 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

"...don't you want me baby"

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Correct, under the JPP, the only possible result for a violation of SFA Rule 12 (player eligibility) is ejection from the cup, a possible forfeiture of the round cup payment, and a possible fine. (JPP Rule 303).

Reveal hidden contents

Rule 303 - SFA Rule 12  - Eligibility — clubs shall observe the terms of Competition Rule 12

Applies to - Clubs

Low End - Mandatory ejection from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup and/or loss of payment for the round and/or exclusion from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup

Mid Range - Mandatory ejection from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup and/or fine up to £5,000 and/or loss of payment for the round and/or exclusion from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup

Top End - Mandatory ejection from the Scottish Cup/Women’s Scottish Cup and/or fine up to £10,000 and/or loss of payment for the round and/or the exclusion from Scottish Cup/Women’s Scottish Cup

Maximum - Mandatory ejection from the Scottish Cup/Women’s Scottish Cup and/or fine up to £100,000 and/or loss of payment for the round and/or exclusion from the Scottish Cup/ Women’s Scottish Cup

I’m not arguing with you, but generally in SFA rules there’s always a ‘but’. The table of sanctions makes reference to clause 11.5. 

I’m only posting this in the desperate hope that our directors/secretary read it and they figure out what to do with it. What the “exceptional circumstance” would be I’ve no idea and wouldn’t want to speculate.

image.thumb.png.0384d056aee037b86a6387d2fed23909.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

FWIW 

I live in Dundee and am friends with a boy who goes to college with Simon's cousin (hear me out)😅

Murray signed a pca for 3 years at 30 years old, Dundee and QP had only offered him 1 year. The contract was also a wee bit more pw than what he's on at QP just now. County also have arranged to put him up in a house 4 days a week and are paying all his travel costs between Dundee & Dingwall. 

Take from that what you will, but with his injury record I don't think anyone can blame him for signing the PCA, what transpired between QP and County to get the deal done now I do not know, but if it means we are getting a decent fee for a player who was going to leave for free in the summer then so be it. 

I totally understand what everyone has said about how much we have done for him as a club through what was quite a dark time for him, the harsh reality is that in lower league Scottish football it's dog eat dog and players have to look after themself and their family first. I'm absolutely gutted about how this has ended between us but as we move up the leagues this kind of scenario might be something to get used to. Who knows we might pull a similar stunt for a player coming our direction in the future.

41 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I was before, had the fear before and mainly because of Murray. 

Roy McGregor’s not a powerful businessman for nothing. He already hast a strike force, why would he want a third one? You don’t think he’s paid over the top for Murray to mitigate the risk of QP relegating his club in a play-off, do you? 🤔

Whilst we're all disappointed at Murray's departure & the manner of it, it's easy for fans to forget that this is these guys' livelihood.

If someone rocks up & offers me more money & better job security, I'm offski.

Good luck to him. He has left us with some great memories.

Edited by Arachnophile

Just now, Arachnophile said:

Whilst we're all disappointed at Murray's departure & the manner of it, it's easy for fans to forget that this is these guys livelihood.

If someone rocks up & offers me more money & better job security, I'm offski.

Good luck to him. He has left us with some great memories.

Counter point: He’s a rat and I hope County get relegated.