The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

8 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

The simple answer is no. One of those games moved was because Stennie were at home. And quite rightly so.

Since Lesser Hampden is projected to be ready for January, does anyone know if the Stadium will only have the East Stand and the Directors Box or will the South Stand and some sort of temporary stand North will be built in time 

2 hours ago, h_w7864 said:

Since Lesser Hampden is projected to be ready for January, does anyone know if the Stadium will only have the East Stand and the Directors Box or will the South Stand and some sort of temporary stand North will be built in time 

Pretty sure it'll just be the East and Directors Box. From what I've seen work hasn't started on the south stand, which I think will be built in the summer.

Also not heard anything about a temporary north stand other than rumours that they might try to put one in for next season (promotion dependent?)

29 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Pretty sure it'll just be the East and Directors Box. From what I've seen work hasn't started on the south stand, which I think will be built in the summer.

Also not heard anything about a temporary north stand other than rumours that they might try to put one in for next season (promotion dependent?)

Makes since but according to the Club Website Construction on the South Stand would start once the East was completed so I guess that’s gonna be on hold then

1 minute ago, h_w7864 said:

Makes since but according to the Club Website Construction on the South Stand would start once the East was completed so I guess that’s gonna be on hold then

Was told the south was going to be built after the end of this season, but who knows? Might actually make more sense to fling a couple of temp efforts up like Cove depending on what our longer term plans are. 

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Heard this one rumoured not long ago, allegedly Hearts were keen on him as well. He's apparently very highly rated:

Seems incredibly promising from what I’ve read from fans who watch that level. Only 19 aswell. Interesting that he’s not being loaned back for the rest of the their season like Williamson last season. Must say a lot about the guys ability. Hopefully he can make a positive contribution for us 2nd half of the season 

14 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Rules are a shambles, we were kicked out last season after beating Rangers B, because we had 2 youth players play the last 11 minutes who were out on loan at 2 Junior level teams, but Rangers were allowed to play players who were out on loan at senior teams :lol: 

20 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Rules are a shambles, we were kicked out last season after beating Rangers B, because we had 2 youth players play the last 11 minutes who were out on loan at 2 Junior level teams, but Rangers were allowed to play players who were out on loan at senior teams :lol: 

No point in the B teams in the challenge cup if not only are they allowed to call back players on loan to play but also how both Old Firm colt teams had their games which was supposed to be played in September moved to November due to players being called up to the national youth team. Just all out a disgrace. Also Kenny can leave as it seems he’d rather play with the Celtic kids than play decent in the Championship with us

7 hours ago, h_w7864 said:

No point in the B teams in the challenge cup if not only are they allowed to call back players on loan to play but also how both Old Firm colt teams had their games which was supposed to be played in September moved to November due to players being called up to the national youth team. Just all out a disgrace. Also Kenny can leave as it seems he’d rather play with the Celtic kids than play decent in the Championship with us

I'm sure the lad is doing his best when he plays for Queen's. Don't write him off too soon.

2 hours ago, I Zingari said:

I'm sure the lad is doing his best when he plays for Queen's. Don't write him off too soon.

For me, the frustrating thing is that Kenny seems to be ahead of Williamson in the pecking order despite the fact that Williamson has looked more of a threat and has actually scored goals for us.

Even if they were of equal ability, surely we should be giving our own player the experience & the opportunity to develop in preference to a player from another club?

Edited by Arachnophile

6 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

For me, the frustrating thing is that Kenny seems to be ahead of Williamson in the pecking order despite the fact that Williamson has looked more of a threat and has actually scored goals for us.

Even if they were of equal ability, surely we should be giving our own player the experience & the opportunity to develop in preference to a player from another club?

I’d be surprised if Kenny is still with us past January tbh. It’s just not worked out for either party and it’s becoming more apparent now since Coyle hasn’t even brought him on the last couple games. Really important we get another striker brought in. He doesn’t need to be a world beater but we need someone that can contribute a lot more than Kenny has so far. Still worries me in the back of my mind that Murray picks up an injury eventually. 

I’d imagine the club will already have their targets identified. We’ve signed Aaron Healy for a supposed £16,000 fee. Could be nonsense obviously that fee but it shows the club are looking ahead even if we’re only in November 

I’m currently doing a project management report and basing it in the redevelopment of lesser hampden. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any articles from the club or online that’s has a breakdown of costs or even just overall costing. A timeframe as well would be amazing but can imagine that being easy to find with all the delays!