The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

17 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Playing on the Southside is a move in the right direction. The quicker we get into Lesser and can start to rally the local community around this team, the better.  As 2022/23 has the makings of being a truly memorable season

Really wouldn’t take an awful lot for a buzz to grow around the place. Couple of good results and the whole thing is off and running. That wee spell before Covid, after we’d turned pro, there was that rarest of windows of feel good factors and everyone pulling in the same direction. We need that again if this thing is going to be a success.

Conversely, it could be a disaster because farce is in our club DNA. Let’s see how it all unfolds.

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

Maybe to be used when we play teams with bigger supports.

Like Thistle? Or Ayr?. What about Morton? Raith Rovers. Eh, Dundee. Somebody needs to think this through🤨 

Looking at the fixtures coming up, this almost certainly is our last game at Ochilview as a home team. Feeling a bit emotional about that. Some great memories there.

31 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

What is the fixture clash on 10th December? Syngenta are away to Newburgh that day, and Stenny don't seem to have a game. Is Ochilview being used for something else?

I'm not sure these games being moved to Hampden has anything to do with the Ochilview situation. I got the impression that the club are just keen to get us back to the southside, and it's finally become possible. With any luck tomorrow will be our last trip through to Stenhousemuir (for a home game).

40 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Looking at the fixtures coming up, this almost certainly is our last game at Ochilview as a home team. Feeling a bit emotional about that. Some great memories there.

Other than the hassle of getting and back home again; I have enjoyed the games at Ochilview; the Wee bar, the pie stall the view of the pitch (if seated/ standing at the back of the stand). A big thank you is due to Stenny. 

Damn, was hoping Lesser would be ready by December for ground bagging purposes. Might head to our cup game anyway as I've never had the QP at Hampden, err, experience. At least you're getting 'home' quicker than Clyde ever will, arf. 

Interestingly if Lesser Hampden is not ready by end of December the clashes start falling with Stenhousemuir rather than Syngenta. You've had to move several games around the Dyes, but they've altered some to help you. Would the Warriors?

Sat 7th Jan     Stenny v Stranraer     QP v Cove
Sat 21st Jan     Scottish Cup R4

Sat 4th Feb     Stenny v Dumbarton     QP v Ayr

Sat 11th Feb     Syngenta v Newburgh     Scottish Cup R5
Sat 18th Feb     Stenny v Albion Rovers     QP v Raith

Sat 4th Mar     EOS League Cup R1     QP v Morton
Sat 11th Mar     Stenny v East Fife     Scottish Cup R6
Sat 18th Mar     Syngenta v Edinburgh South     QP v Inverness
Sat 25th Mar     Stenhousemuir v Forfar     QP v Arbroath

Sat 15th Apr     Stenhousemuir v Stirling     Syngenta v Arniston [Fri]     QP v Hamilton

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I'm not sure these games being moved to Hampden has anything to do with the Ochilview situation. I got the impression that the club are just keen to get us back to the southside, and it's finally become possible. With any luck tomorrow will be our last trip through to Stenhousemuir (for a home game).

The club statement says that the games are being moved "due to fixture clashes at Ochilview Park". But there is no other game at Ochilview on the 10th of December, not that I can see anyway, so it doesn't make any sense.

7 hours ago, _FFC1876 said:

This. If there’s no fixture clash at Ochilview, why couldn’t QP have used Hampden for the whole season instead of Stenny? Apologies if I’m missing something, I probably am tbh.

Two reasons, I would reckon. First of all, the cost would be excessive and, secondly, the SFA will not wish the pitch to be used on too regular a basis.

On 10/11/2022 at 15:15, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Spot on!

image.thumb.png.03014bb5b729873ba06c23133678c06a.png

Its hard to believe that when designing a new stand from scratch in the 21st Century, you have restricted view seats.

On second thoughts, being QP, its not hard to believe at all.

22 hours ago, GM1867 said:

I welcome the temporary return to Hampden - it was a bitter pill top swallow when covid got in the way of a decent farewell to our old ground. The never ending saga of our move to Lesser is a festering sore and I really hope for a conclusion to this negative chapter in our history.

On another point - The Hampden name is ours!  Lesser should become Hampden and Hampden renamed The National Stadium.

Whilst I agree with this, I think there is no chance of it happening. I do think we need a change of name though - perhaps we could go with Greater Hampden?

17 hours ago, Scorge said:

Damn, was hoping Lesser would be ready by December for ground bagging purposes. Might head to our cup game anyway as I've never had the QP at Hampden, err, experience. At least you're getting 'home' quicker than Clyde ever will, arf. 

In fairness, you are not setting the bar very high there!!

5 hours ago, I Zingari said:

Two reasons, I would reckon. First of all, the cost would be excessive and, secondly, the SFA will not wish the pitch to be used on too regular a basis.

And there were a load of concerts booked in at Hampden in July and August which will make the SFA far more money that QP games do.

There will be the same situation next summer (and possibly most summers) so that would have am effect on the rumoured potential of us playing at Hampden for the full season if we get promoted.

8 hours ago, Spiders For Life said:

Wild the difference Fox’s ability on the ball makes coming out from the back, easily our first choice CB.

He had a great first game back. He’s very comfortable on the ball and I think he enables Lee and Tommy to reach higher levels too. 

On 11/11/2022 at 20:32, HibeeJibee said:

Interestingly if Lesser Hampden is not ready by end of December the clashes start falling with Stenhousemuir rather than Syngenta. You've had to move several games around the Dyes, but they've altered some to help you. Would the Warriors?

The simple answer is no. One of those games moved was because Stennie were at home. And quite rightly so.