The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 02/11/2022 at 09:57, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Last time some of the troops tried but settled for an open meeting, suggested by the President as a better format. Fully understand why they did so, and it was more than we had previously, but an EGM is a formal event requiring minutes, actions etc. The group-hug version made everyone feel fuzzy on the night but nothing ever came of any of the promises. If anyone is thinking of going down this route I would strongly recommend doing it by the book this time.

The main reason why we were persuaded to withdraw our request for an official EGM the last time was because we were informed by the President that our CEO couldn't attend it as she wasn't a member and he wanted her to do a presentation. He insisted that only members were allowed. The point was made that the previous club secretary/GM used to attend members' meetings to take minutes but he insisted she was made a member to do so (?) We all really wanted Dempster there to answer our questions and address our concerns so we relented.

Then at last December's club AGM by zoom, imagine our surprise when Laurie Ellis made an appearance and gave us an update on the playing side of things. All very welcome of course (despite him being out a job a couple of weeks later) but he wasn't a member of the club.

Therefore we were lied to previously. The committee can do whatever the f**k they want when they feel like it.

So aye, don't worry. We won't get fooled again.

Good evening ladies and gents. If any of you have time to read the below regarding former Queens Park player Paul Woods it would be greatly appreciated. 
Even more appreciated if any one is able to donate. 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/steven-hardie-1?utm_term=3mA5naMPz

Stair Park was the venue of a a freak occurrence on Saturday the 29th October, when popular Stranraer FC player Paul Woods was seriously injured from an innocuous challenge which left the winger needing oxygen, as well as being stretchered off the park and taken to the local hospital.

Affectionately known as “Woodsy” by everyone at Stranraer FC, Paul is one of the most genuine and pleasant people to come through the front doors of Stair Park.

Paul has unfortunately since been informed he has suffered damage to his ACL, MCL and PCL - and now faces an operation on his left knee to ensure a complete recovery of his future mobility.

This operation is going to cost £9,000.

We, as a a Fundraising Team, decided to do what we can to help raise the funds needed for Paul’s operation.

On 03/11/2022 at 15:21, GM1867 said:

Had a wander round Lesser this morning to take some photos. Had a chat with one of the guys there (an Auchinleck supporter - from Cumnock?). He was saying that the east is nearly done and their contract is to the end of the month. They’ve only been there three or four weeks so far but thinks end of the month is realistic for the east stand. He knows of no plans for the south but did say they were only contracted to complete the east. He heard a rumour a temp stand is to be put up at the south but didn’t know any more and it could be just a rumour. The seats seem to be all but ready. The Royal Box looks a bit behind on this timescale. 

Here’s some photos 

352C14AF-609C-45ED-8D80-E9D0666D04B4.jpeg

01CAB5A7-6D3A-4B98-96CE-17FC55CC825B.jpeg

287E9516-250B-4D5D-9E91-EC69EEDA7BAA.jpeg

471141C6-F74C-43F5-8067-DB540B6F5EBE.jpeg

D84539D6-D9E6-48D8-8B86-C4574858C546.jpeg

F0D5954B-8401-49F0-B7DB-9403C3DC9303.jpeg

Why is there a block of black seats in the middle? Looks shit.

10 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Why is there a block of black seats in the middle? Looks shit.

Believe it or not their middle section is padded seats. Noticed it on the latest version of the planning documents (council website).

Good luck to any regular supporters who are hoping for a seat with a good view 

12 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Believe it or not their middle section is padded seats. Noticed it on the latest version of the planning documents (council website).

Good luck to any regular supporters who are hoping for a seat with a good view 

So the royal box doesn't accomodate all the vip needs of the club? why was it built with such a limited capacity? Surely questions need to be asked about the reasoning behind it being built in the first place and it hindering the potential for expanding the capacity of the stadium. Also it looks awful. 

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Oh and 30 of the seats at the back (20 non padded, 10 padded) have now been tagged as “restricted view seats”

How can a new build stand have restricted view seats? Really sorry guys but your club have absolutely fecked it off the pitch.

You had a great opportunity to massively grow the club, you have such huge potential but the longer this balls up goes on and the deeper it gets the bigger the wasted opportunity it becomes.

You are such a historic club and surely that and your recent success and move to professionally full-time fitba should have been a catalyst for something truly unique. Lesser could have been re-built with true vision and ambition.

Just look at my team, Arbroath, to see how it can be done. Massively increased support and engagement with the fans and town, and sympathetic development of the stadium. Every time I go to Gayfield I am impressed at how the club have modernised the ground and massively improved the facilities while retaining the character without destroying the fan experience.

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

So the royal box doesn't accomodate all the vip needs of the club? why was it built with such a limited capacity? Surely questions need to be asked about the reasoning behind it being built in the first place and it hindering the potential for expanding the capacity of the stadium. Also it looks awful. 

Yeah, I'm guessing the padded seats in the middle will be for the hospitality punters. So you're spot on. Why the f**k they didn't make that diddy "VIP" stand bigger to house them is just mental. Especially as the hospitality lounge is going to be in the JB McAlpine upstairs. 

1 minute ago, Mick1867 said:

Yeah, I'm guessing the padded seats in the middle will be for the hospitality punters. So you're spot on. Why the f**k they didn't make that diddy "VIP" stand bigger to house them is just mental. Especially as the hospitality lounge is going to be in the JB McAlpine upstairs. 

The more you look at it, the more it looks like we’ve simply no intention of spending much time there, which would tie in with the rumours that have been bubbling away for some time.

52 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Oh and 30 of the seats at the back (20 non padded, 10 padded) have now been tagged as “restricted view seats”

Are these going to be the media seats? If so then that's less of an issue for me as they don't pay. But as Tattie36 says, how does that happen in a modern new stand? So weird.  

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

The more you look at it, the more it looks like we’ve simply no intention of spending much time there, which would tie in with the rumours that have been bubbling away for some time.

Rumours? Normally I like a guessing game but this is going too far.

Whatever the rumours may be the present day reality is grim and at its root lies a trail of unbelievable incompetence which could well sink the club. The whole saga needs to be laid bare, starting with the initial construction contract which ended in dispute and cost the club over £800,000 with nothing to show for it, and then the continuing neverending clownshow with the royal box and the miserable East Stand which is still not complete and now seems to be badly flawed.

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

Rumours? Normally I like a guessing game but this is going too far.

Whatever the rumours may be the present day reality is grim and at its root lies a trail of unbelievable incompetence which could well sink the club. The whole saga needs to be laid bare, starting with the initial construction contract which ended in dispute and cost the club over £800,000 with nothing to show for it, and then the continuing neverending clownshow with the royal box and the miserable East Stand which is still not complete and now seems to be badly flawed.

The “back to Hampden” one has been flying around for over year. Apologies! I thought everyone had heard that one! Was in the Sunday Post last weekend as well.

My initial reaction was “aye right.” Inclined to think that there’s something in it now, though. 

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

The “back to Hampden” one has been flying around for over year. Apologies! I thought everyone had heard that one! Was in the Sunday Post last weekend as well.

My initial reaction was “aye right.” Inclined to think that there’s something in it now, though. 

Was that not just for old firm games? The assumption being attract 30K fans and QP and SFA could split the cash? I thought it was some kind of deal like that for a selection of fixtures. 

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Are these going to be the media seats? If so then that's less of an issue for me as they don't pay. But as Tattie36 says, how does that happen in a modern new stand? So weird.  

From the plans it looks like the concrete from the wheelchair section will block part of the view on the far end of the pitch. 

Re the middle section; I was told by the President they were adding in seats for members with the comment “not much better but something”. The seats for the old East stand were bought in the first contract and stored locally, though why QP bought these and not the contractor remains a mystery. Presumably, when the stand was redesigned with increased capacity, the orIginal black and white kit was allocated to the ends with the gap in the middle being the seats purchased more recently.

My best guess on the “restricted view” would be that the addition of brick clad structures at both ends of the stand might have a blind spot in either corner. If the 30 seats include the centre section then logically the back row seats at either end can see the whole pitch. It’s a cantilever stand so there won’t be any columns restricting views on the goals etc.

In other news, the area at the North is being built as a car park with hydraulic lifts into “viewing bays” for executives who wish to watch the game from the comfort of their vehicle. Anything smaller than a Mercedes S Class is eliminated from entry.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Any time I have seen them questioned on it they have no answer and just pivot to “hospitality when there are gigs at Hampden”. 

Which of course has no relevance to choosing only to have 40 seats overlooking the pitch