The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Pictures of lines on the pitch, some seats being installed. But reality is the overall scene is construction site and unfinished elements everywhere your eye looks. What is actually going on? I wish we knew.

I know that the vast majority of us feel very similar to how I feel just now. I just want the club to make an announcement, any announcement at all to just let us fans be seen and made to feel that we are a part of this journey. 

If the stadium is going to take 6 more months, the club should just tell us and stop fearing a potential backlash. For me it’s the ambiguity of it all that makes me feel feelings towards my club that I don’t want to feel. 

39 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Pictures of lines on the pitch, some seats being installed. But reality is the overall scene is construction site and unfinished elements everywhere your eye looks. What is actually going on? I wish we knew.

I know that the vast majority of us feel very similar to how I feel just now. I just want the club to make an announcement, any announcement at all to just let us fans be seen and made to feel that we are a part of this journey. 

If the stadium is going to take 6 more months, the club should just tell us and stop fearing a potential backlash. For me it’s the ambiguity of it all that makes me feel feelings towards my club that I don’t want to feel. 

Our Chief Executive’s last public comment on our football club was on August 20th. Even in times of stability, that wouldn’t be an acceptable way to operate. 

19 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Is Scotty Williamson injured or fell out of favour with the gaffer? Surely he was a better option off the bench than Kenny. 

The game was getting more physical and Dundee were piling on the pressure. Scott can put himself about far better than Kenny as a lone striker. He's so young and lightweight (not his fault) that Dundee won everything in that last 10 minute spell. 

Very confused at that one to be honest. 

You have got it right, under the circumstances of them having 2 big centre backs, who would have kicked their grannie to get the ball Williamson would have been a far better bet. Kenny is on of the 3 monkeys that OC has on his back, that I have mentioned before, as he is frightened not to play him in case it upsets Celtic.

46 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

You have got it right, under the circumstances of them having 2 big centre backs, who would have kicked their grannie to get the ball Williamson would have been a far better bet. Kenny is on of the 3 monkeys that OC has on his back, that I have mentioned before, as he is frightened not to play him in case it upsets Celtic.

Williamson might have fared marginally better on his own up front than Kenny, but would still have been pretty straightforward for the Dundee centre halves to deal with. The mistake was bringing Murray off - in a situation like that, against that sort of opposition and given how much of a handful he'd been, he had to stay on for at least another 10 minutes.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Our Chief Executive’s last public comment on our football club was on August 20th. Even in times of stability, that wouldn’t be an acceptable way to operate. 

What did she say on this last occasion? I can’t even recall hearing or reading it 

2 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

What did she say on this last occasion? I can’t even recall hearing or reading it 

Unless I’m mistaken, the last thing we heard from her was lauding the result at Arbroath on Twitter. 

Nobody is asking for a day by day running commentary, but the constant uncertainty over fixtures is totally unacceptable. We were promised an improvement in communication. We were lied to.

Noticed Regan Thomson signed for fellow Ochilview friends Sygenta. Hell of a drop for someone that looked so promising at 16 and got an actual fee from Newcastle. Something must of went badly wrong for him to end up that level at only 19 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Unless I’m mistaken, the last thing we heard from her was lauding the result at Arbroath on Twitter. 

Nobody is asking for a day by day running commentary, but the constant uncertainty over fixtures is totally unacceptable. We were promised an improvement in communication. We were lied to.

Doubt she'll pass up on the opportunity to appear on the telly on Friday night.

6 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

I have it on good authority that the plan is for both us and Syngenta to play at home on Saturday 12th November - their game against Edinburgh Utd kicking off at 1 o'clock, and our game against Caley Thistle kicking off at 5 o'clock. Both clubs have agreed to it, but the league still has to give it the green light.

Not good. I don't live anywhere near the central belt so getting to a game is awkward. I have booked a hotel so I can attend this game - I hope it stays on the 12 November or I'm out of pocket for nothing. I wish the club would accept that some people need a fair bit of notice to put arrangements in place (travel, babysitters, time off work, budgets, etc, etc).

I am deeply frustrated.

Just now, GM1867 said:

Not good. I don't live anywhere near the central belt so getting to a game is awkward. I have booked a hotel so I can attend this game - I hope it stays on the 12 November or I'm out of pocket for nothing. I wish the club would accept that some people need a fair bit of notice to put arrangements in place (travel, babysitters, time off work, budgets, etc, etc).

I am deeply frustrated.

The club's incompetence is one thing, but the contempt they continue to show supporters by not giving any explanation as to why these games are being moved is a fucking disgrace. Show some backbone and own up to your mistakes.

Surely this clash was know about weeks if not months ago? To leave it this late to sort out shows that the clubs really don't give a toss about supporters. There is, as far as I can tell, no way for ICT fans being able to get trains or buses back after the game and the fact that ICT agreed to this change with 11 days notice is also damning of their attitude towards supporters.

8 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

I am deeply frustrated.

From day one of this whole thing I’ve said this simply isn’t going to work if they cannot carry the support of the people who already love the club. How can you expect local buy in, when you can’t get the folk already invested in the club to believe a word they say?

Deeply uneasy from the beginning about the phrase “blank canvass.” This is an existing football club with a small, but loyal support, some of who are many generations into supporting the club. They’ve quite simply ignored every single one of these people at every turn.

There are two options for the Chief Executive. Either start doing your job properly or step aside for someone who will. The support has been extremely patient in terms of not voicing their off field frustrations at games. I get the sense that we’re not far away from that changing.

The lack of apology or even explanation after so many fixture changes is now beyond belief. It's become clear that the people in charge of the club simply don't care about the existing fanbase, presumably because they expect our unwaivering support regardless of what they do.

What would happen if an opposition club simply refused to move from the agreed 3.00pm kickoff time on a Saturday? 

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

Surely this clash was know about weeks if not months ago? To leave it this late to sort out shows that the clubs really don't give a toss about supporters. There is, as far as I can tell, no way for ICT fans being able to get trains or buses back after the game and the fact that ICT agreed to this change with 11 days notice is also damning of their attitude towards supporters.

Can only say that most of our support will be annoyed and embarrassed at the way we’re treating other club’s punters, as well as our own. It’s not acceptable.

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Can only say that most of our support will be annoyed and embarrassed at the way we’re treating other club’s punters, as well as our own. It’s not acceptable.

Especially in the current climate. We don't bring a massive support but there will likely have been a fex extra folk attending given the novelty factor, new away day etc. 

To move it at this late stage, even by a couple of hours, is exceptionally poor. Good to see QP fans getting stuck into your club on social media. 

The fact that the ICT game is 11 days away and we are speculating about the k.o. time is unacceptable regardless of whether the club have been great up to this point or not (the latter being the actually case, obviously).

As some have said the planning that goes into attending, for some fans, shouldn’t be overlooked. We should have the luxury at this level of knowing that unless we’ve been chosen to be on the BBC on a Friday, we play Saturday 3pm. 

37 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

presumably because they expect our unwaivering support regardless of what they do.

This is it Zanetti. They do seem to expect us to accept and adapt to their plans. It’s annoying that the reality is that most of us will, because we want to support the team and the club. And if the club were upfront from the off about the real situation with Stennie & Syngenta - I am sure most of us would accept (happily or unhappily) the Friday night situation (if we had the full picture) and accept it’s a temporary means to ensure the club can still compete. 

But to now have to contend with a, potential, Saturday 5pm kick off? Moves the goal posts again. Would a club announcement help me? Yes. As It may, at the very least, make me feel like I’m a consideration for the club.

For me personally, I don’t ask for much in return for my ST money. I don’t expect us to win and I don’t expect to be entertained at games. However I think it’s reasonable to expect that my club values me as a fan and respects the fact that I am not a ‘customer’. I turn up to games because I love the club and will continue to love it regardless of who’s turn it is to ‘have a go’ at running it. 

The club will always mean more to fans than any CEO/President/Owner etc. ever will. 

Yours, an increasingly more disgruntled Spider 🕷 

Edited by TheHitman