The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

43 minutes ago, an86 said:

I see, from a local angry people’s social media group, that some locals are unhappy at the late night work going on at the building site. Appears that the Royal Box was being worked on into the early hours.

According to one ragin' resident they were working on the director's stand until after 1am.

28 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

According to one ragin' resident they were working on the director's stand until after 1am.

So long as the club has its priorities right. Presumably they will eventually cater for the fans.

On 07/10/2022 at 21:47, TheHitman said:

I can say this, for the second time this week, win tomorrow and we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE! 

Jinxed us again.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Excellent! Got to make sure those untethered contractors absolutely wreck the bank account. Entrepreneurs never see the glass half empty or half full. They just see the chance to grab a drink before others do.

Another day, another home game fixture amendment

This time the Dundee game has been brought forward to Friday 28th.

It is absolutely ridiculous now.

Since being told there wouldn’t be any more non-tv Friday games we have had both Arbroath and Dundee moved.

Only this week they were listing the Dundee match as one of the games where the child ticket scheme would be in place. Then there also the hospitality and sponsorship situation as well.

They don’t even have the decency to give us an official reason even thought it’s obviously that Syngenta are at home.

What a club 

Just now, qpfc said:

Club announcing more Friday games I see. Absolute rotten from the club. People who have bought season tickets who may work Fridays nights (including myself), getting surprise announcements every few weeks with Friday games are getting thrown under the bus here

They knew it would happen before they took our money and took the piss out of fans. President’s indignation when pressed on it at one of the meetings was quite something. Doubled down on it. If they’d been honest about Fridays, it’d have been another annoyance, but being sleekit about it is just unacceptable.

Was generally willing to give my members ticket up to the club for game’s I’d be missing. Not happening now. I don’t really expect anything back from the football club in terms of perks or rewards. You give the money for the love of the club and a feeling of contributing something. Only thing I’d really ask is that folk who do that are treated with a bit of respect by the club. That hasn’t happened and continuous promises of improved communication etc. have proven to be complete bullshit. Is Leeann Dempster still at Queen’s Park by the way?

7 minutes ago, an86 said:

They knew it would happen before they took our money and took the piss out of fans. President’s indignation when pressed on it at one of the meetings was quite something. Doubled down on it. If they’d been honest about Fridays, it’d have been another annoyance, but being sleekit about it is just unacceptable.

Was generally willing to give my members ticket up to the club for game’s I’d be missing. Not happening now. I don’t really expect anything back from the football club in terms of perks or rewards. You give the money for the love of the club and a feeling of contributing something. Only thing I’d really ask is that folk who do that are treated with a bit of respect by the club. That hasn’t happened and continuous promises of improved communication etc. have proven to be complete bullshit. Is Leeann Dempster still at Queen’s Park by the way?

Spot on

With the BBC cameras at the Cove game it’s likely we will get a Leeann Dempster appearance. Some vague waffle about 10 year plans and a few softball questions from Leeann Crichton and Michael Stewart 

On 12/10/2022 at 11:06, an86 said:

I see, from a local angry people’s social media group, that some locals are unhappy at the late night work going on at the building site. Appears that the Royal Box was being worked on into the early hours.

The club will spin this as getting the local community interested in what's happening at Lesser. 

23 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I can almost put up with a (nother) home game moved to the Friday, but 100 miles away to Arbroath on a Friday night is crap for fans that travel.

Probably the one solitary occasion I’m more likely to go on a Friday night than Saturday. Arbroath away on Christmas Eve is just asking for Christmas Day to be taken right out of the game.

18 hours ago, an86 said:

I admire your dedication and loyalty (apart from deserting Somerset early) but this dishonesty from the club and being treated as a right mug is the reason I got my season ticket refunded at the beginning of the season. I am not prepared to donate to a bunch of shysters. Happy to attend away games when I can but until Hunter and Dempster depart home games will remain out of the question.

18 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I can almost put up with a (nother) home game moved to the Friday, but 100 miles away to Arbroath on a Friday night is crap for fans that travel.

It looks like all but one of the Dec 24th games in the Championship, and a handful from leagues 1&2 have also been moved to the Friday night.

I assume a lot of clubs/players didn't want to play on Christmas Eve.

It looks like all but one of the Dec 24th games in the Championship, and a handful from leagues 1&2 have also been moved to the Friday night.
I assume a lot of clubs/players didn't want to play on Christmas Eve.

I’m sure I also read that Christmas Eve games are generally very poorly attended due to people not being at home around that time or people getting last minute things for the following day.

Not sure if the Friday nights will be any better in terms of attendances but as you say clubs and players would rather do that than go with Christmas Eve.

17 hours ago, an86 said:

Probably the one solitary occasion I’m more likely to go on a Friday night than Saturday. Arbroath away on Christmas Eve is just asking for Christmas Day to be taken right out of the game.

Fine with me

48 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

(apart from deserting Somerset early) 

He made the effort to travel down, that's all you can ask for. Not got a problem with anyone leaving when we're five nil down and getting truly embarrassed on the pitch. 

In hindsight, I wish I'd been sensible enough to join him.  

18 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Fantastic value in those £95 kids season tickets 

Of course now the same kids will have to choose between going to the game or attending the regular Friday night community coaching sessions. That's a shambles.

I'm absolutely done with the people who are supposed to be running our club on our behalf. Dempster aside, wtf are the committee - sorry, directors as they like to be known now -  up to? They've all been involved with the club a lot longer than her and are supposed to know better. What exactly do most of them do now anyway? Absolutely f**k all is the answer. Their privileged status is just a perk for the chocolate teapots these days.