The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Enjoyed the first trip up to Stennie tonight. Good result again from the boys, but defensive issues from Saturday present again. 

Looking forward to seeing who the 4 or so players OC wants in are, hopefully another right-winger is on that list as worry about Longridge - our play doesn’t seem to flow as well just now when the ball comes into him down the right  

The new signings continue to fit in well, liked the look of Jarrett when he came on. Hopefully see Naismith on the park vs Dundee next week too. 

Pleased for Williamson too. First of many. 

Edited by TheHitman

Enjoyed that tonight. We’re so direct in our play it’s great. Passing between the lines and players drifting into pockets. Savoury does it perfectly, a lot didn’t come off for him tonight but I think he’s going to be good this year. 

I didn’t see much from Dom Thomas but more to come I’m sure. Simon looks fit and hungry. A full pre-season serving him well. Williamson’s pace and desire was terrific for his goal, superb. Big Kilday with the brace, great night for him. 

9 goals in 2 games is magic regardless of opposition. Tougher test next week, looking forward to cutting our teeth against Dundee. If Lewis Moore is fine to have that impact every week that’ll be fine by me.  

9 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Enjoyed that tonight. We’re so direct in our play it’s great. Passing between the lines and players drifting into pockets. Savoury does it perfectly, a lot didn’t come off for him tonight but I think he’s going to be good this year. 

I didn’t see much from Dom Thomas but more to come I’m sure. Simon looks fit and hungry. A full pre-season serving him well. Williamson’s pace and desire was terrific for his goal, superb. Big Kilday with the brace, great night for him. 

9 goals in 2 games is magic regardless of opposition. Tougher test next week, looking forward to cutting our teeth against Dundee. If Lewis Moore is fine to have that impact every week that’ll be fine by me.  

Yes, is maybe too early to tell, but the Owen Coyle brand of football does seem to be quite different to what we were watching last season where we seemed to play it around a lot at the back to draw the opposition and create spaces. I never felt it really worked. Now there is more urgency, playing on the front foot and attacking relentlessly with speed.

3 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes, is maybe too early to tell, but the Owen Coyle brand of football does seem to be quite different to what we were watching last season where we seemed to play it around a lot at the back to draw the opposition and create spaces. I never felt it really worked. Now there is more urgency, playing on the front foot and attacking relentlessly with speed.

100%. It'll be harder against better opposition but at least the signs are there. The defenders making first time passes and releasing it fast which was interesting. It defo looks like Coyle has instructed them to move it quicker and get it into the attackers feet to create. Very obvious last night. 

I'd rather we won a game 5-2 than 3-0 for example. More goals and taking risks is what I'd like to see... hopefully exciting football this year.

Edited by QPSpider1867

Delighted with that, apart from that wee sloppy spell obviously. We look like scoring every time we go forward these days. So much energy and attacking ability. Some goal by Williamson, great pace and movement to make the defender look like he was towing a tractor and a cool finish. Next Tuesday of course will be a harder test. Then we'll know what level we're at for the Championship.   

I'm sure everyone will agree that it felt weird as f**k watching a home game at Stennie but hopefully it'll grow on us, like Firhill did. Hopefully going forward we can also get a decent wee group together up the back to make some noise, like we did at Firhill. Most away supports will be on the terracing and we'll be outnumbered for a lot of these games so the team will need all the backing we can give them for 90 minutes.

Edited by Mick1867

53 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Delighted with that, apart from that wee sloppy spell obviously. We look like scoring every time we go forward these days. So much energy and attacking ability. Some goal by Williamson, great pace and movement to make the defender look like he was towing a tractor and a cool finish. Next Tuesday of course will be a harder test. Then we'll know what level we're at for the Championship.   

I'm sure everyone will agree that it felt weird as f**k watching a home game at Stennie but hopefully it'll grow on us, like Firhill did. Hopefully going forward we can also get a decent wee group together up the back to make some noise, like we did at Firhill. Most away supports will be on the terracing and we'll be outnumbered for a lot of these games so the team will need all the backing we can give them for 90 minutes.

If we go an a run I can see that stand filling up quickly. Maybe the ticket office and the choirmaster could get a specific area reserved. Surely the club can see the benefit of a vocal support.

220 according to the Beeb. Felt a bit more, but always tough to tell when you’re in among it. 200ish fans to Stenny on a Tuesday night is a decent show when you consider the club flinging every possible obstacle in the way.

2 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Josh McPake on loan from Rangers a possibility according to Jordan Campbell (the Athletic).  

We going end up with winger fever like we did last year, need to focus from the back to the front in my opinion. Get more defenders and a goalie to compete with Ferrie in.

QPFC Stats page on Twitter: “Last night's attendance of 220 is our lowest recorded home gate, beating the previous lowest of 273, set in a Scottish Cup match against Edinburgh Uni on 17th Dec 1973, which was played at 2:00pm on a Monday afternoon following the introduction of the three day working week.“

3 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

QPFC Stats page on Twitter: “Last night's attendance of 220 is our lowest recorded home gate, beating the previous lowest of 273, set in a Scottish Cup match against Edinburgh Uni on 17th Dec 1973, which was played at 2:00pm on a Monday afternoon following the introduction of the three day working week.“

We should bring next week's KO forward to 2:00pm allowing folk to get a train home. 

29 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

We going end up with winger fever like we did last year, need to focus from the back to the front in my opinion. Get more defenders and a goalie to compete with Ferrie in.

We badly need a winger, longridge isn’t going to cut it across 36 games in the championship. I agree about needing defenders and a goalkeeper to challenge ferrie however 

Just read a tweet from a young guy who went to Stranraer on Saturday. New fan. Couldn’t get transport to Stenny last night. Slow hand clap to Leeann Dempster and the committee. The press might buy the window dressing and “we really care about the community” stuff, but absolutely nobody at Queen’s Park does. 

A lot of the stuff I post on here is just general moaning about insignificant stuff, but I am genuinely utterly livid about this. Kid was battering the hoardings, singing, going daft at the goals. An absolute disgrace, which the club would be ashamed of, if I believed, with a couple of honourable exceptions, they gave the slightest shit about the fans.

Hope the committee all got to Ochilview ok, though. While we’re on that, what exactly do they actually do? Blazers that double as invisibility cloaks. 

Was round at Lesser this afternoon for the first look in 3 weeks (due to a bout of Covid) and all I can say is that work is proceeding at an extremely leisurely pace. Not a lot of workers on site and not exactly a hive of activity. Thought it was supposed to be ready this month?🤣

On the playing front I hope there are a few reinforcements lined up. The recent graphic showing the first team pool names with shirt numbers illustrated the squad really does need a few more bodies, especially in defence and defensive mid.

53 minutes ago, an86 said:

Just read a tweet from a young guy who went to Stranraer on Saturday. New fan. Couldn’t get transport to Stenny last night. Slow hand clap to Leeann Dempster and the committee. The press might buy the window dressing and “we really care about the community” stuff, but absolutely nobody at Queen’s Park does. 

A lot of the stuff I post on here is just general moaning about insignificant stuff, but I am genuinely utterly livid about this. Kid was battering the hoardings, singing, going daft at the goals. An absolute disgrace, which the club would be ashamed of, if I believed, with a couple of honourable exceptions, they gave the slightest shit about the fans.

Hope the committee all got to Ochilview ok, though. While we’re on that, what exactly do they actually do? Blazers that double as invisibility cloaks. 

Yes it was really disheartening to read that tweet knowing how  much the lad in question has been enjoying coming to Queen’s Park games in recent months.

I sadly don’t hold out much hope for a change in the bus policies given how they have doubled down on the disgraceful season ticket prices for young kids.

Wonder if either of these matters  will come up on Leeann Dempsters next podcast appearance…….

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I'm assuming he qualifies for a £95 kids season ticket? It obviously shouldn't be necessary (and I know that money is tight at the moment for a lot of us) but maybe folk could chuck a few quid in each to buy one and make sure he can keep attending games, since the club can't be trusted sort out this mess.

Edited by Zanetti

2 hours ago, behindthelens said:

The reaction of the wean behind the goal at Moore's goal is brilliant. Reminds you what football's all about at heart, not charging £95 which isn't even a comparable rate to elsewhere in the division. Genuinely interested to hear what the point in the committee is anymore. Seems to be yes men and rubber stampers. 

2 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

On the playing front I hope there are a few reinforcements lined up. The recent graphic showing the first team pool names with shirt numbers illustrated the squad really does need a few more bodies, especially in defence and defensive mid.

I think at least one more striker is essential too. Murray has been a revelation so far this season but it would be foolhardy to rely on him being fit all season. Williamson looks really promising but it's a bit early to be sure he can deliver at this level on a regular basis. They will surely need some back up.