Jump to content

Queen's Park 22/23


Recommended Posts

They're fine. I showed them to a few non-QP mates (who bough the last away top) and they were pretty distraught at Irn-Bru no longer being the sponsors... they took it worse than me 😅

Like the detail on the side of the away top. Looking forward to seeing what the people who run this club think capturing the spirit of Glasgow is...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Looking forward to seeing what the people who run this club think capturing the spirit of Glasgow is...

Should be an artistic impression of the bus emptying after Elgin away in the style of a renaissance painting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Completely agree that the buses should be for all fans, not just those that hold a ST this season.
 

There will be some fans who have held a ST in previous years, that just cannot make all home games (as possibly at Stennie all season). And their decision to not renew, owing to those reasons, is probably hard enough for them, then throw in exclusion from bus too. 
 

Having said that, I do appreciate the challenges that come with organising the buses, based on numbers that may be unknown, until close to the actual match days. 
 

It’s far from ideal and sadly the fans feel the effects hardest - again. 

Totally agree & have popped a wee email off to the club to that effect.

 

As a season ticket holder who will not be taking advantage of the free buses to Ochilview, (from where I live it is easier to get to Ochilview direct) I wish to express my disappointment that the free bus offer appears only to apply to members & season ticket holders.

Some  supporters may not be able to afford the one-off outlay of a season ticket or may be unable to commit to attending all “home” matches.

Fans who buy “one-off” match tickets are no less inconvenienced by the club’s failure to have a stadium ready to play in, than the rest of us.

Much was made after the excitement of the play-offs of how much the support of the fans was appreciated. At this exciting time for the Spiders, surely we should be doing everything within our powers to encourage fans along?

It baffles me why the club wants to create two classes of fans.

I do hope the club will reconsider their decision

Edited by Arachnophile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Totally agree & have popped a wee email off to the club to that effect.

 

As a season ticket holder who will not be taking advantage of the free buses to Ochilview, (from where I live it is easier to get to Ochilview direct) I wish to express my disappointment that the free bus offer appears only to apply to members & season ticket holders.

Some  supporters may not be able to afford the one-off outlay of a season ticket or may be unable to commit to attending all “home” matches.

Fans who buy “one-off” match tickets are no less inconvenienced by the club’s failure to have a stadium ready to play in, than the rest of us.

Much was made after the excitement of the play-offs of how much the support of the fans was appreciated. At this exciting time for the Spiders, surely we should be doing everything within our powers to encourage fans along?

It baffles me why the club wants to create two classes of fans.

I do hope the club will reconsider their decision

Good luck. I'm still waiting on a reply to my email on pricing policy for families, and process for reinstating membership at some point in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Good luck. I'm still waiting on a reply to my email on pricing policy for families, and process for reinstating membership at some point in the future. 

I think the phrase "more in hope than expectation" applies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

 Like the detail on the side of the away top. Looking forward to seeing what the people who run this club think capturing the spirit of Glasgow is...

surely something like this...

image.png.ed8445f16490fa360cd5bb37b175da90.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Shall we file this missive under 'new and innovative' or 'deep and meaningful engagement'?  

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/members-and-season-ticket-holders-bus-for-forfar-game/

Glad to see the earlier version is modified. Yet again PnB is proven to be the best form of contact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the new kit is hellish. How they have managed to spoil the hoops by adding black trim is pretty skilful. The away top just beggars belief. All this together with a sponsor of whom I have never heard with the blandest and most uninteresting message and kicking out an internationally known brand just adds to the off field blundering we have been witnessing lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I think the new kit is hellish. How they have managed to spoil the hoops by adding black trim is pretty skilful. The away top just beggars belief. All this together with a sponsor of whom I have never heard with the blandest and most uninteresting message and kicking out an internationally known brand just adds to the off field blundering we have been witnessing lately.

 

 

I am guessing Scotts were willing to pay considerably more than Barr. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

 

 

I am guessing Scotts were willing to pay considerably more than Barr. 

Exactly

For all Irn Bru have “brand recognition” they didn’t actually pay us that much.

So I don’t agree that this should be filed in the (already bursting) blunder folder 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I think the new kit is hellish. How they have managed to spoil the hoops by adding black trim is pretty skilful. The away top just beggars belief. All this together with a sponsor of whom I have never heard with the blandest and most uninteresting message and kicking out an internationally known brand just adds to the off field blundering we have been witnessing lately.

Irn Bru weren’t kicked out, Scotts just came in with a better offer. Should the club make less money cause you know the brand name? 
 

Stick to things that are valid for criticism like the bus and lesser Hampden fiasco. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Exactly

For all Irn Bru have “brand recognition” they didn’t actually pay us that much.

So I don’t agree that this should be filed in the (already bursting) blunder folder 

It’s not like Scott’s are a corner shop either. They are a relatively well known outlet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, an86 said:

It’s not like Scott’s are a corner shop either. They are a relatively well known outlet.

Really, never heard of them. Am I correct in saying that their only Glasgow outlet is in Easterhouse? 

In fairness, if they are paying more than Irn Bru, so be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, an86 said:

It’s not like Scott’s are a corner shop either. They are a relatively well known outlet.

Yeah, they specialise… in casual sportswear for a young, fashion-forward demographic with a carefully curated mix of timeless brands …

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Yeah, they specialise… in casual sportswear for a young, fashion-forward demographic with a carefully curated mix of timeless brands …

 

That’ll be why I’d never heard of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A rather abrupt no reply email reminder from the club has arrived:

Hello xxxxxxxx,

Your membership with Queens Park Football Club will expire on: 2022-07-09

After 2022-07-09 your seat / membership will be cancelled and available to the public.

You can renew your membership using this link:

Well that's it for me. Thus ends 19 years of season ticket buying, even during the Commonwealth Games exile in Airdrie where I didn't attend a single game but still kept the ticket going. As for this season there's away games at Firhill, New Douglas Park and Cappielow plus maybe, just maybe, an occasional game at Ochilview to look forward to. Perhaps Lesser Hampden will be ready next spring? Who knows. I'm beginning to not really care anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

A rather abrupt no reply email reminder from the club has arrived:

Hello xxxxxxxx,

 

Your membership with Queens Park Football Club will expire on: 2022-07-09

 

After 2022-07-09 your seat / membership will be cancelled and available to the public.

 

You can renew your membership using this link:

Well that's it for me. Thus ends 19 years of season ticket buying, even during the Commonwealth Games exile in Airdrie where I didn't attend a single game but still kept the ticket going. As for this season there's away games at Firhill, New Douglas Park and Cappielow plus maybe, just maybe, an occasional game at Ochilview to look forward to. Perhaps Lesser Hampden will be ready next spring? Who knows. I'm beginning to not really care anymore.

And within a couple of hours an apology email, think someone has had their gonads kicked!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...