Jump to content

Queen's Park 22/23


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

First friendly on Wednesday where presumably the new kit will be worn, wonder if we are going to get a reveal of it in advance?

Also first home League Cup game a fortnight tomorrow with still no word as to how ticketing etc is going to work at Ochilview 

It's not on the Macron dropdown for teams...why does that make me nervous.

Dempster made a lot of acknowledging the one inch hoops thickness and the shirt's history etc. So probably this...

image.png.79990289ad55c668593c4db8d1afa14d.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So just seen all the pricing for season tickets and memberships

£335 for members (and it still covers cup games) and £280 for a season ticket. Plus free buses to Larbert for both. That's fine for me, seeing as it's £20 top price this season to attend an individual game.

It's £185 for concessions but only for OAPs and students (I assume 16/17 year olds still at school qualify but who knows) Once again no concessions for the unemployed which is very disappointing.

£95 for those 15 and under seems far too much for me. The club say they have "carried out a detailed benchmarking exercise" but a quick google shows lots of Scottish clubs offering far better deals for kids, some are even offering free season tickets. I'm just wondering what about our pricing is "new and innovative and rooted in the community"

So at the top end it's fine but below that we can do so much better imo. 

Edited by Mick1867
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/06/2022 at 14:12, qpsnapper said:

Not much progress at Lesser over the last couple of weeks, a couple of pics from the back of what will be the director's gilded palace and from the South East corner of the ground:

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

Thanks for these - it's good to see what's (not) happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Members ticket plus 2 kids = a decision to be made. No way I can shell out for an extra 2 season tickets, especially when playing at stenny makes it 50/50 for them to attend (4 and 6 year olds not that committed to 50 mile round trips to the fitba). 
 

Alternative is pay as you go an extra £16 a week (£8 each) but no word on how they’ll get to the game if they’re not covered on the bus. 
 

Of course, it would be easier to make mind up if I knew how long we were going to be away for…

 

 

Edited by Anonymous Spider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well they've done it - selling season tickets for a temporary "home" venue over 20 miles away for an unknown length of time. I wonder if our home games will go ahead on Saturdays if we are the third club sharing Ochilview? No complaints about the price of the ticket, but the prospect of travelling to Larbert and back is most definitely offputting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Well they've done it - selling season tickets for a temporary "home" venue over 20 miles away for an unknown length of time. I wonder if our home games will go ahead on Saturdays if we are the third club sharing Ochilview? No complaints about the price of the ticket, but the prospect of travelling to Larbert and back is most definitely offputting.

The pricing is ok - except for kids. The price of these season tickets is bonkers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

The pricing is ok - except for kids. The price of these season tickets is bonkers.

Agreed. Should be at least half that. We need to encourage as many youngsters as possible if we're going to grow the support. I'd selfishly just had eyes for my oldies ticket price and was rather relieved that it came in at under £200.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Agreed. Should be at least half that. We need to encourage as many youngsters as possible if we're going to grow the support. I'd selfishly just had eyes for my oldies ticket price and was rather relieved that it came in at under £200.

I think we have the third most expensive kids season tickets in Scotland and are not far behind Celtic’s cheapest option.

Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc all have more affordable options for families and our price sticks out like a sore thumb  compared to the rest of the Championship (many of whom are free)

It is a disgrace

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

I think we have the third most expensive kids season tickets in Scotland and are not far behind Celtic’s cheapest option.

Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc all have more affordable options for families and our price sticks out like a sore thumb  compared to the rest of the Championship (many of whom are free)

It is a disgrace

That is appalling if that's the case. Ridiculous way to encourage the next generation of supporters. What on earth is the club thinking of? I'd like to see a justification of the kids prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just looking at kids prices in the Championship, there is a huge disparity, ranging from Free (Hamilton) to £203 (Cove -  age 12-17)

Its over simplistic to say we are amongst expensive. If you are 15, 5 clubs are more expensive.

source: 

 

However lots of clubs have a tiered approach approach with under 12's being cheaper which seems pretty reasonable. and a lot of them continue to offer some sort of discount if you are over 15.

I'm not really justifying the pricing - I think given the efforts we are making to get kids involved we should be amongst the cheapest and some sort of parent & child / family option would seem a good idea. £95 may not be too bad for a 14 or 15 year old. But the notion that if you have say a 6 & and an 8 year old, you should expect to shell out £190 on top of your own £280 is just madness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Covid rising I have no desire to be bussed anywhere although the gesture is appreciated. I agree with the nonsense of the youngsters ticket prices but I shall not be renewing unless they can give a more definitive answer to Lesser which they can't. Quite depressing really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

With Covid rising I have no desire to be bussed anywhere although the gesture is appreciated. I agree with the nonsense of the youngsters ticket prices but I shall not be renewing unless they can give a more definitive answer to Lesser which they can't. Quite depressing really.

I am sure you are not alone in being unwilling/unable to travel to "home" games.

If they have any sense (??!) they will surely launch a season ticket for however much of the season is left when we finally get to play at lesser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

With Covid rising I have no desire to be bussed anywhere 

It will rise and fall every year from now until the end of your life, there was a flu season every single year of your life before 2020 too

 

Get over it and move on 

Edited by 1320Lichtie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Members ticket plus 2 kids = a decision to be made. No way I can shell out for an extra 2 season tickets, especially when playing at stenny makes it 50/50 for them to attend (4 and 6 year olds not that committed to 50 mile round trips to the fitba). 
 

Alternative is pay as you go an extra £16 a week (£8 each) but no word on how they’ll get to the game if they’re not covered on the bus. 
 

Of course, it would be easier to make mind up if I knew how long we were going to be away for…

 

 

I'm in a smilair boat. My son has had a season ticket for about 6 years, and is looking forward to the season ahead. Between a rock and a hard place as I struggle to justify £95 when comparing to other teams in the league, but I'd struggle even more to tell him that he's not getting a season ticket this year. Truth is i'm probably going  to have to bite the bullet and pay the £95

In reality it'll be more than £95, as I'll need to buy both my membership and his ticket on a credit card and pay it off over a few months, so I'll have interest to pay too. (Not a sob story, I'm sure there are folk worse off than me, but an annoyance none the less)

Fortunately my younger child who's been wanting to come to more and more games has been put off by the trip to Stenny for now.

6 years ago when I got the first child ticket it was £10, and you could bring up to 4 kids on one ticket. Benn rapidly rising since then.

4 kids for £10 going up to £380 in 6 years is quite an increase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to the official statement there was a “detailed benchmarking excercise” carried out to ensure competitive pricing. Seems to have focussed on just the season tickets for Adults. For a club banging on about being a family/community club it’s a very limited perspective they have on most things concerning money. The detail analysis on this has a similar feel to the detail analysis shown to construction contracts.

I wonder how many of those school kids we had at home games last season will be able to convince at least one of their parents to take them along this season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Do we have any idea if non-season ticket holders will be able to use the bus/buses to get to Ochilview?

This from the OS...pretty much wipes out the PATG customer. 

'The club will be providing Free Transport to and from Ochilview for every League and Cup fixture for all Members and Season Ticket Holders – more details on transport will be announced soon.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It will rise and fall every year from now until the end of your life, there was a flu season every single year of your life before 2020 too

 

Get over it and move on 

Sorry, but your final sentence is downright crass. You know nothing about my circumstances nor I yours but having lost a loved one to Covid I feel quite justified in my comment. Please think before typing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...