The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Apparently the end of September is the current target for completion of Lesser.
Whether we are allowed to move back then if the target is met, or made to wait until after 18 games (like 2014) is another matter.

Today there was work happening on the pitch and both east and west sides of the grounds. Still seems crazy that the knocked away almost all of the west stand. I’m guessing the remainder in the directors area?IMG_8170.jpg

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bullen basically said that you need to really understand the guy as a person and get him to trust you. Once you do that he’s a real asset but he reckons a lot of managers will struggle to connect with him. I think he could do with another year at this level instead of jumping straight to Killie as I don’t see him doing much in the Premiership just yet.

Coyle, by all accounts, is an excellent man manager. Hear a lot of guys who’ve played for him saying it. Can well believe it. Only really heard him talk QP a couple of times and I was wanting to run through a wall for him myself! Just seems a really nice guy in general.

Edited by an86

3 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Today there was work happening on the pitch and both east and west sides of the grounds. Still seems crazy that the knocked away almost all of the west stand. I’m guessing the remainder in the directors area?IMG_8170.jpg

Looking forward to my first visit when it's finished. Not meaning to sound cheeky and I know there have been issues, but is that genuinely the outcome of several months of construction work? Teams have built entire brand new stadiums or large elaborate stands in less time.

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Looking forward to my first visit when it's finished. Not meaning to sound cheeky and I know there have been issues, but is that genuinely the outcome of several months of construction work? Teams have built entire brand new stadiums or large elaborate stands in less time.

Now measuring in years.

22 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Thanks for the update. The Director’s Stand will go in the bit they’ve levelled out. It sits on a steel frame and the terrace would have had the wrong levels and possibly not strong enough to support columns. Don’t know why that wee section of the old design was kept. Just looks like steps now. Also noticed the dressing rooms have downgraded the Pavilion to a very ordinary looking building. 

Architects drawings…

image.thumb.png.e9aaa37c69ad284a1bad15248835c7e7.png

image.thumb.png.605922f83f33aa4e68852d257c41904b.png

image.thumb.png.c6d2f7d00462d5f01e34a91c7727a640.png

I'm not a gambling man   (I think I have placed one bet in the past 15 years), but having found QP at odds of 50/1 to win the championship, I couldn't resist investing a tenner. 

That will pay for my 2023-24 Premiership season ticket, hopefully.

I don't for a minute expect to win but I do feel 50/1 is unbelievably generous.

I am obviously hoping for some big signings now!

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

I'm not a gambling man   (I think I have placed one bet in the past 15 years), but having found QP at odds of 50/1 to win the championship, I couldn't resist investing a tenner. 

That will pay for my 2023-24 Premiership season ticket, hopefully.

I don't for a minute expect to win but I do feel 50/1 is unbelievably generous.

I am obviously hoping for some big signings now!

Like you, I don’t think we’ll win it. However, I’d stake a decent amount on us finishing above at least a couple of the teams on more than half of the odds we are.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A directors stand sounds pretty wanky to be honest

Those questions will become louder when it’s actually been built. The absurdity of it has sort of been lost among the desperation of wanting to see literally anything built.

A huge chunk of one side of a stadium, with limited room for expansion, being set aside so that suits don’t have to sit next to the proles is certainly another belter of an aspect to this utter circus. 

4 minutes ago, an86 said:

Those questions will become louder when it’s actually been built. The absurdity of it has sort of been lost among the desperation of wanting to see literally anything built.

A huge chunk of one side of a stadium, with limited room for expansion, being set aside so that suits don’t have to sit next to the proles is certainly another belter of an aspect to this utter circus. 

Well said. Sums it up perfectly. Can't have the high heid yins getting too close to the community for which they care so much. I got angry when I saw the architects' drawings posted by BYOS. The contrast between the elevated position for the few and the miserable worm's eye view to be enjoyed by the many (?) in a stand which the club can't even build is startling. This whole stadium farce is going to hinder the growth of the club big time, not only with the team's continued peripatetic existence but also in the event of the stadium actually being completed. It can be classed as an act of self sabotage.

31 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

. The contrast between the elevated position for the few and the miserable worm's eye view to be enjoyed by the many (?)

This is indeed a missed opportunity to build something different with the many in mind. The elevated stands at Peterhead, comes to mind.

An explanation is long overdue.