The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

The silence is notable.

Widespread reporting that there 'might' have been a breach.

If QP had info to shoot that down (like he signed a week before the announcement was actually made and they checked his eligibility) they would have got that info out ASAP (like Morton did to shoot down the speculation that Ambrose was ineligible when playing his first game for us).

The silence is actually quite telling here.

Nonsense. There’s a formal procedure. The club should be silent until the SFA have made a ruling. For that to happen, there’s a tribunal hearing where QP would present their case. For the the tribunal to happen, someone needs to make a complaint, principally ICT as they are the  perceived beneficiaries of the outcome. Morton or Ayr fans don’t qualify as complainants.

Even if the registration date was correct, there’s no reason for QP to comment as the current position is they won the game and proceed to the next round. If it’s wrong, QP will have the right to offer their version of events. As has been already mentioned here, another club were wrongly accused in the past and it was found to be the SFA at fault. QP fans, understandably given what we’ve suffered these past three years, have defaulted to it-must-be-us. Let due process work and we’ll see what happens.

Needs to be quickish though. Livi are a part of this too now.

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Nonsense. There’s a formal procedure. The club should be silent until the SFA have made a ruling. For that to happen, there’s a tribunal hearing where QP would present their case. For the the tribunal to happen, someone needs to make a complaint, principally ICT as they are the  perceived beneficiaries of the outcome. Morton or Ayr fans don’t qualify as complainants.

Even if the registration date was correct, there’s no reason for QP to comment as the current position is they won the game and proceed to the next round. If it’s wrong, QP will have the right to offer their version of events. As has been already mentioned here, another club were wrongly accused in the past and it was found to be the SFA at fault. QP fans, understandably given what we’ve suffered these past three years, have defaulted to it-must-be-us. Let due process work and we’ll see what happens.

There's no 'formal procedure' if they have done their checks, been given the green light and know there is no issue.

In this instance, a club official might have said something to stop the negative press and worry for the fans. Like Morton did, Re: Ambrose.

What's more likely, is behind the scenes they are shiting themselves, known they have fucked up so are awaiting the inevitable.

27 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

There's no 'formal procedure' if they have done their checks, been given the green light and know there is no issue.

In this instance, a club official might have said something to stop the negative press and worry for the fans. Like Morton did, Re: Ambrose.

What's more likely, is behind the scenes they are shiting themselves, known they have fucked up so are awaiting the inevitable.

As I said, if nothing’s wrong why do they need to comment? As a club we should be focussed on a great win in the Cup last night. Which is what our website leads on. If the SFA decide otherwise, then’s the time for comment.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As a club we should be focussed Ona great win in the Cup last night. Which is what our website leads on.

I often find that flat-out denial of reality helps with morale and performance at a football club.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I often find that flat-out denial of reality helps with morale and performance at a football club.

If I’m ever up on trial for a serious crime I sincerely hope I’m not tried in Ayr. Guilty until proven innocent. My personal opinion, which most in the QP camp will be familiar with, doesn’t matter here. The beaks and blazers will have their say. A power game will be played. Any suggestion of money being involved will only be realistic if two parties agree to that happening. 

Our players did well last night. They deserve, above all else, to get their chance in the next round. That’s the main issue.

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As I said, if nothing’s wrong why do they need to comment? As a club we should be focussed Ona great win in the Cup last night. Which is what our website leads on. If the SFA decide otherwise, then’s the time for comment.

If they have the info to stop the negative publicity wildfire, they would use it.

They don't and as such, the matter has now officially been referred to the Compliance Officer to organise a disciplinary panel.

Edited by Jamie_M

With regard to Si Murray and QP. I thought you had a number of impressive performers on Saturday at Dens, sure losing an accomplished goalscorer in this league is a blow, but I think it’s far from fatal to your title aspirations. 
This cup farrago is a mess but these things happen.
good luck Queens Park.   

30 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As I said, if nothing’s wrong why do they need to comment? As a club we should be focussed on a great win in the Cup last night. Which is what our website leads on. If the SFA decide otherwise, then’s the time for comment.

6 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That aged extremely well.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

When were the new rules brought in? We weren't thrown out for playing Callum Woods when he was suspended in about 2010, we had a replay instead at Ochilview (first game was at East End).

Indeed you weren't. And the rules were changed as a direct result of that nonsense decision. They had been amended by the following season.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Absolutely nobody needs to make a complaint.