The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 24/05/2023 at 21:49, Zanetti said:

Unless they can put up another stand or two in the next month and a half then the capacity is less than 1000.

On 24/05/2023 at 21:56, Grant228 said:

That's baffling. Looking at this link which I presume is out of date it reckons the capacity would be 1774.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/lesser-hampden/#:~:text=New East Stand (Capacity%3A 812)

However this link here then talks aboit a south stand for away supports for 500 people which I thought was added onto the pre-existing 1774.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/bigger-and-better-for-lesser-hampden/

East stand planning permission showed as holding 959... 671 seats, 274 standing, 14 disabled/helpers... but it's been built as all-seater so presumably slightly reduced. (Note it includes some hospitality seats who will apparently use the street to walk around from pavilion on the opposite side of the pitch; you'd also have to deduct any segregation areas).

West directors box seats 40.

If and when South stand is built it'll increase capacity to 1,450-1,500 (less whatever reduction making the East... and it?... all-seater).

They replaced plans for a West stand of 752 seats, 150 standing, 12 disabled/helpers with 40 seat directors box.

Edited by HibeeJibee

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Did they try and explain the reasoning for scrapping plans for a 700 seater stand replacing it with a luxury box for themselves to sit in?

No

Tried to gaslight by denying it was ever the plan in the first place 

25 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

No

Tried to gaslight by denying it was ever the plan in the first place 

“Bigger and better” I recall the Chief Executive’s unveiling of the new plan, which upon the lightest of scrutiny actually means “smaller and shitter.” Words have come to lose their meaning when emanating from Queen’s Park. I’m sure they’d still put up a stout defence of 900 being a larger number than 1700, though. 

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

“Bigger and better” I recall the Chief Executive’s unveiling of the new plan, which upon the lightest of scrutiny actually means “smaller and shitter.” Words have come to lose their meaning when emanating from Queen’s Park. I’m sure they’d still put up a stout defence of 900 being a larger number than 1700, though. 

18 minutes ago, an86 said:

Small is the new big.

Shit is the new good.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Did they try and explain the reasoning for scrapping plans for a 700 seater stand replacing it with a luxury box for themselves to sit in?

They claim that the newly built hospitality suite attached to the directors stand, which can be rented out for functions etc will bring in more revenue than ticket sales for football matches.

They may be right, but we're a football club, that plays football matches, and now that we're in the Championship we don't have enough space for all the people that want to buy tickets.