The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

It's been 10 days since OC quit. The only reason I can think of why we still haven't hired anyone is that whoever they are, they are currently employed and we are waiting for them to resign from their club. The other alternative is we are still looking but I don't want it to be the case. I mean I really hope that is not the case. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

It's been 10 days since OC quit. The only reason I can think of why we still haven't hired anyone is that whoever they are, they are currently employed and we are waiting for them to resign from their club. The other alternative is we are still looking but I don't want it to be the case. I mean I really hope that is not the case. 

Not too worried currently. I will be if we’re still pissing about in mid-June, which is eminently possible. I always think a club should have a list up their sleeve for any eventuality, but it always seems to be reactive rather than having a clear idea.

Available: Tam Courts, Robbie Neilson, Callum Davidson

Potentially available soon: Jim Goodwin, Jack Ross, David McCallum

Beyond that, you’re looking at left field appointments. Think it took Beuker an eternity to get a Visa, so that might mean an old Dutch colleague wouldn’t be workable within the timescale that we’d need them in the gig.

Could also do what Dundee did and look to England for someone with experience at either league level or with academy pedigree. Could Beuker even do a Craig Levein and end up deciding that he’s the guy for the job?

I’ll basically accept anyone who isn’t Malky Mackay. 

On 21/05/2023 at 12:26, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I don’t have any affiliation with this group, nor do I endorse them. But they write. like concerned fans and offer a view that MSM won’t. So if you want to know a bit more, some facts and a considered opinion, this might help.

https://scottishfsa.org/chairmans-blog-19-05-23/

Some more stuff in a similar vein.

https://twitter.com/NoToBTeams/status/1661400722896822273?t=E7pLUtjVclfcN1hBzEt0VA&s=19

On 23/05/2023 at 20:22, G_&_T said:

Any announcement on where you'll be playing next season? Surely now it's going to be Lesser?

Aye, also interested in this. Not kept upto date with the Championship tbh so I'd presumed QP would be at Lesser next season. 

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, also interested in this. Not kept upto date with the Championship tbh so I'd presumed QP would be at Lesser next season. 

You probably don't want that if you've any interest in actually getting a ticket.

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

You probably don't want that if you've any interest in actually getting a ticket.

Aye? I'd seen someone mention it was small, but in the pictures it looked like something was happening behind a goal? I'll need to have a Google for the proposed plans. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Aye? I'd seen someone mention it was small, but in the pictures it looked like something was happening behind a goal? I'll need to have a Google for the proposed plans. 

Unless they can put up another stand or two in the next month and a half then the capacity is less than 1000.

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Unless they can put up another stand or two in the next month and a half then the capacity is less than 1000.

That's baffling. Looking at this link which I presume is out of date it reckons the capacity would be 1774.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/lesser-hampden/#:~:text=New East Stand (Capacity%3A 812)

However this link here then talks aboit a south stand for away supports for 500 people which I thought was added onto the pre-existing 1774.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/bigger-and-better-for-lesser-hampden/

I guess you'll have been talking about this all season so apologies for the topic of discussion which must be grating. 

9 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

What was the average attendance this season?

1008, according to Google. Considering the additional interest from paying fans with us finally being back in the Southside, the tickets for schools initiative the club have been pushing, and the teams that have moved into and out of the Championship, I think the absolute bare minimum acceptable capacity would be 2000 (and to be honest I still don't believe that's anywhere near big enough).

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That's baffling. Looking at this link which I presume is out of date it reckons the capacity would be 1774.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/lesser-hampden/#:~:text=New East Stand (Capacity%3A 812)

However this link here then talks aboit a south stand for away supports for 500 people which I thought was added onto the pre-existing 1774.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/bigger-and-better-for-lesser-hampden/

I guess you'll have been talking about this all season so apologies for the topic of discussion which must be grating. 

There's definitely something happening in the area which might one day become the north stand, but nobody knows what or when it'll be ready. There have been rumours of temporary seating but again, nothing concrete and no updates from the club. They're not big fans of actually letting us know what's going on.

I wish it had only been this season we'd been talking about this!

12 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

When Henry McLeish's Report was published 13 years ago the argument by the big clubs then was that this bottom-up development would not only strengthen the game but also the national team. Since then, the national team has improved but no-one could pin that down to B teams. Rangers and Celtic first teams aren't exactly swollen with their previous prodigies. Neither is the national team squad dependent on old firm talent, although there are more ex-Celts in the squad.

In lieu of young Scots not reaching the top teams of the SPL clubs and national team, it could be argued that those that don't make it raise the bar in the lower leagues as they find their level. Jack Thomson and Conor Smith are good examples of that but there's bound to be many decent youngsters who leave the game after rejection.

So, we're left with the obvious conclusion (as has been the case since the late 19th century as recorded in the SFA Museum) that the Old Firm, and now a few others, are simply interested in hoovering up the best of talent to limit their opponents success and then capitalise on the sale value when they are at their peak. All the other clubs (the SFA has 162 teams registered in the pyramid) should be asking the question, what's in it for us?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

34 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

When Henry McLeish's Report was published 13 years ago the argument by the big clubs then was that this bottom-up development would not only strengthen the game but also the national team. Since then, the national team has improved but no-one could pin that down to B teams. Rangers and Celtic first teams aren't exactly swollen with their previous prodigies. Neither is the national team squad dependent on old firm talent, although there are more ex-Celts in the squad.

In lieu of young Scots not reaching the top teams of the SPL clubs and national team, it could be argued that those that don't make it raise the bar in the lower leagues as they find their level. Jack Thomson and Conor Smith are good examples of that but there's bound to be many decent youngsters who leave the game after rejection.

So, we're left with the obvious conclusion (as has been the case since the late 19th century as recorded in the SFA Museum) that the Old Firm, and now a few others, are simply interested in hoovering up the best of talent to limit their opponents success and then capitalise on the sale value when they are at their peak. All the other clubs (the SFA has 162 teams registered in the pyramid) should be asking the question, what's in it for us?

or to simplify:

If the Old Firm think its a good idea, it almost certainly isn't.

On 21/05/2023 at 15:21, Spider Rico said:

55 days till the League Cup starts.

Still need to finish whatever the hell it is they are still building at Lesser, successfully organise two test events, pass the license inspection, organise match day logistics, hire & train staff and organise & distribute tickets……. 

🕰️