The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Could someone start a rumour, please.

This is getting tedious.

I'm quite thankful not to be getting linked with all the usual suspects to be honest! Hopefully we won't be waiting too long for a fairly exciting and different appointment.

19th March:  

Leeann Dempster on Lesser Hampden "Our plan is to play here this season. We are going through the final formalities and sign-offs to allow supporters in"

29th March:

David Hunter commenting on venue for play-off games  "there remains a number of outstanding build requirements in the East Stand. This has delayed our planned test events and time has gone against us to receive the required certification to host these games"

Since then the silence has been deafening; so is LD delusional, or just completely out of the loop?  Given last year, Season tickets were advertised for sale late June, (26th ish from memory) my genuine question is, who of you are likely to renew/purchase theirs given the continued ambiguity over the location of home games next year?  

Edited by Spider1975

4 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

19th March:  

Leeann Dempster on Lesser Hampden "Our plan is to play here this season. We are going through the final formalities and sign-offs to allow supporters in"

29th March:

David Hunter commenting on venue for play-off games  "there remains a number of outstanding build requirements in the East Stand. This has delayed our planned test events and time has gone against us to receive the required certification to host these games"

Since then the silence has been deafening; so is LD delusional, or just completely out of the loop?  Given last year, Season tickets were advertised for sale late June, (26th ish from memory) my genuine question is, who of you are likely to renew/purchase theirs given the continued ambiguity over the location of home games next year?  

Can i ask what you think is causing the delay?

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

19th March:  

29th March:

53 days till the league cup starts 

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

The gap last year at non league level in the West, from the last competitive game to the first friendly was 48 hours.

Use lights more, dump some of the cups and being more flexible about scheduling would help the teams in the West.

3 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

19th March:  

29th March:

No chance.

On 19/05/2023 at 18:16, an86 said:

I’d like to point out one member led organisation,The Well Society, the majority shareholders of Motherwell Football Club 

I’d now like to draw your attention to the official response of member driven organisation, Queen’s Park Football Club.

7B0DBA8E-DE19-49F4-A806-4470C5B4A29B.thumb.jpeg.4b151963893e380ff8a2f3eae656e53f.jpeg

This is how our football club values the opinions of the supporters. Compare and contrast. I know members of the management team and committee read this forum. I hope you’re suitably embarrassed. 

And here was me thinking the Committee were there to act on the views of the members. How naïve!

On 21/05/2023 at 08:43, Pie Of The Month said:

Alan Nixon the Sun journalist reporting Forest Green are interested in Jack Thomson.

Sorry, Sun and journalist in the same sentence?

46 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Use lights more, dump some of the cups and being more flexible about scheduling would help the teams in the West.

Believe just over half the clubs in the West Region starting with the like of Broomhill and Cumbernauld Colts in the Lowland League,  all the way down to the newbies 5 tiers below in the Wosfl have floodlights.

Or the Devil's Candles as the traditionalists would call them.

Most clubs would be in three cup competitions which probably compares with Queens Park.

14 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

from the Dundee thread...

image.png.487c1600d7d49400e56c23b39240f48b.png

I assume he means approached rather than approved...

Good managerial record (in Scotland), and before stepping up at Dundee United he was working in their youth academy so that ticks a couple of boxes. We could do a lot worse.

Edited by Zanetti