The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Okay big man, I'll ride the bus to the next stop. How much do you think it would cost to get Dipo Akinyemi? Be very specific here. 

I take what was written as a striker like him, not necessarily him...

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

:lol::lol:

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fucking lol 😂

Deluded.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Leeanne Crichton is that you?

There's absolutely no way you thought he meant we should go out and spend 200k on Akinyemi, surely? He clearly means a striker with similar attributes

30 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

There's absolutely no way you thought he meant we should go out and spend 200k on Akinyemi, surely? He clearly means a striker with similar attributes

He said "they are both available for the right money" talking about Jack Baird and Akinyemi so yes that's exactly what he meant. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He said "they are both available for the right money" talking about Jack Baird and Akinyemi so yes that's exactly what he meant. 

He said "a player who will score goals on a regular basis like the guy at Ayr" will be available for the right money. 

Absolutely nobody is daft enough to think that he's going to be sold to another club at this level, or that anyone could afford the asking fee.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

He said "a player who will score goals on a regular basis like the guy at Ayr" will be available for the right money. 

Absolutely nobody is daft enough to think that he's going to be sold to another club at this level, or that anyone could afford the asking fee.

3 hours ago, Dooflick said:

We must sign an experienced centre back and I would go for the Morton No5 Baird who I think is the best in this position in the league. We must also sign a striker who will score goals on a regular basis like the guy at Ayr. I am sure that both are available for the right money.Not sure where we can get a good midfielder to play alongside Thomson though!!

He’s names both Baird and Dipo as the 2 who he thinks would be available for the right money. 

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He’s names both Baird and Dipo as the 2 who he thinks would be available for the right money. 

In theory, Haughey could afford to buy first teamers direct from Dundee United and Aberdeen, like the actual Gretna did. He’s not going to do it, though. We’ll be signing prospects who we think can handle the mid/top end of the Championship. 

6 minutes ago, an86 said:

In theory, Haughey could afford to buy first teamers direct from Dundee United and Aberdeen, like the actual Gretna did. He’s not going to do it, though. We’ll be signing prospects who we think can handle the mid/top end of the Championship. 

Aye I’m not saying he couldn’t, but realistically Queen’s Park aren’t going out and spunking 250k minimum for Dipo (was the offer knocked back in January)

For what it’s worth, unless we get promoted, he won’t be playing in Scotland next year. 

44 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

unless we get promoted, he won’t be playing in Scotland next year. 

Bold statement. Why would he not move to an established Scottish premier club that would be able offer more than Ayr. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, mcjameos said:

Bold statement. Why would he not move to an established Scottish premier club that would be able offer more than Ayr. 🤷‍♂️

Apparently his wife and young child moved back down to England a couple of months ago. He definitely sees his future back down in England and should be able to move to a League 1 or 2 club pretty easily. 

It would have to be one of the top teams in Scotland to sway him away from that type of move imo. You’re probably also limited to what Scottish clubs could actually afford the kind of fee we would want for him. Would have to be one of the OF or an Edinburgh club most likely. Maybe Motherwell if they sell Van Veen but as I said I don’t think they’d be able to sway him from a move down South.

6 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

There’s only a limited few clubs who could stump up the cash to buy him, added to the fact his family have moved back down south after not settling in Scotland. He’ll not sign a long term contract elsewhere in Scotland IMO, he’ll go down to some English League 1 side. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently his wife and young child moved back down to England a couple of months ago. He definitely sees his future back down in England and should be able to move to a League 1 or 2 club pretty easily. 

It would have to be one of the top teams in Scotland to sway him away from that type of move imo. You’re probably also limited to what Scottish clubs could actually afford the kind of fee we would want for him. Would have to be one of the OF or an Edinburgh club most likely. Maybe Motherwell if they sell Van Veen but as I said I don’t think they’d be able to sway him from a move down South.

Fair point but his family moving south implies he doesn't see himself at Ayr whatever happens. At least you should be able to agree a decent fee. 

Just now, mcjameos said:

Fair point but his family moving south implies he doesn't see himself at Ayr whatever happens. At least you should be able to agree a decent fee. 

I don’t think he’ll be at Ayr next season. If we got up then we’d need him to agree a new deal for him to stay otherwise we’d lose him for nothing. 

I think we’ll stay down, sell him and have a better go at the league next season with the prize money and Dipo money behind us. Hopefully anyway…

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

There’s only a limited few clubs who could stump up the cash to buy him, added to the fact his family have moved back down south after not settling in Scotland. He’ll not sign a long term contract elsewhere in Scotland IMO, he’ll go down to some English League 1 side. 

Sounds like he'll be off either way. Clearly if we remain in the same division I will be hoping  you squander the fee. 

1 minute ago, mcjameos said:

Sounds like he'll be off either way. Clearly if we remain in the same division I will be hoping  you squander the fee. 

There is of course a risk of this. 

There’s no guarantee that having money to spend means you’ll sign good players. I would hope a fee in the region of £250,000 would see us sign maybe 2-3 quality players that we might not normally be able to get. Replacing him will be the priority but we also need to strengthen at right back, centre back and out wide. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is of course a risk of this. 

There’s no guarantee that having money to spend means you’ll sign good players. I would hope a fee in the region of £250,000 would see us sign maybe 2-3 quality players that we might not normally be able to get. Replacing him will be the priority but we also need to strengthen at right back, centre back and out wide. 

Didn't Ayr reportedly turn down in 250k for him January? If so you'd imagine it'll be slightly less at the end of the season, with his contract gradually running down.

6 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Didn't Ayr reportedly turn down in 250k for him January? If so you'd imagine it'll be slightly less at the end of the season, with his contract gradually running down.

I can’t see a huge difference. The money is mental down South so with proper negotiations we could still end up with that fee.

For me the value isn’t in the actual transfer fee given that it’ll be paid in instalments but in the sell on fee if he goes and does well. There’s more of an “if” to that but I think he could get a move beyond the one he’ll make in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t see a huge difference. The money is mental down South so with proper negotiations we could still end up with that fee.

For me the value isn’t in the actual transfer fee given that it’ll be paid in instalments but in the sell on fee if he goes and does well. There’s more of an “if” to that but I think he could get a move beyond the one he’ll make in the summer. 

I suppose another thing to consider is whether Ayr rejected the offers in January because they think they can just outright get a bigger fee, or whether the club saw more value in keeping him for the rest of the season and finishing as high as possible, getting more prize money, and possibly even getting promoted.