The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, GM1867 said:

Regrettably, I'm not going to make it down for that and would hope there are further visits scheduled for the future.

Any update would be welcome.

Are you not barred anyway?

Lesser used to be used by the Scotland team and it would make sense to use it again. We have Toryglen just over the road for indoor work. Clarke was indeed keen to work out here rather than Edinburgh; this can only be good for Queen's.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Are you not barred anyway?

Lesser used to be used by the Scotland team and it would make sense to use it again. We have Toryglen just over the road for indoor work. Clarke was indeed keen to work out here rather than Edinburgh; this can only be good for Queen's.

Sounds like the iceberg has melted down to just enough for a whisky glass? 

On 13/03/2023 at 21:47, Dave said:

Anyone else not yet ready to get over our embarrassing Scottish Cup f**k up?

You could actually have seen Queen's Park with a shot at a Scottish Cup final.

Utterly, utterly unforgivable.

A quantum of solace

There's no doubt that knocking ourselves out of the Scottish Cup will be a sore one for the foreseeable.

I know it's cold comfort but In regards to any  'coulda-woulda-shoulda' performances in subsequent rounds it's worth noting that the numbers allocated to the teams for the cup draws would not have been the same.

As these are applied in alphabetical order, the ties would have been different.

It's all hair on the barber's floor now and fair play to ICT for trying to do a Denmark '92.

15 minutes ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

in subsequent rounds it's worth noting that the numbers allocated to the teams for the cup draws would not have been the same.

As these are applied in alphabetical order, the ties would have been different.

While this is true, the draw against Livi has already been made and I think the only difference in the quarter final draw would have been Killie v Queens Park instead of ICT v Killie. Also the draw for the semi final would have been the same.

43 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

While this is true, the draw against Livi has already been made and I think the only difference in the quarter final draw would have been Killie v Queens Park instead of ICT v Killie. Also the draw for the semi final would have been the same.

Agreed, but I reckon most Killie fans would claim that they would have much preferred a home tie in place of a trip to Inverness!

Rumours that Livingston and St Mirren are pursuing Aaron Healey.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-livingston-and-st-mirren-in-race-for-celtic-product-aaron-healy/

With 4+ years left on his contract ( and to think some other fans thought that was really niaive of MB 🙄) would he move so soon?

Edited by mcjameos

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-livingston-and-st-mirren-in-race-for-celtic-product-aaron-healy/

With 4+ years left on his contract (that was really niaive of MB 🙄) would he move so soon?

With him having 4 years left on his deal, I can’t see either club stumping up enough cash to get him away. Even for the development of Healy, would he even get anywhere near the teams at this point? Very much doubt it. He’s only made one start in the championship(albeit he scored in that)

From what I’ve seen of Healy, I think he’s got a terrific future ahead of him but let’s see what happens once he’s had a full season in him and I’m sure there will be bigger clubs after him. 

Really hoping he starts against Inverness tomorrow 

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

With 4+ years left on his contract ( and to think some other fans thought that was really niaive of MB 🙄) would he move so soon?

I think the fact they had to get Celtic into the title indicates the quality of journalism here. Slow Friday!

3 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Arthurlie to QP first team, a full time contract, and he looks to move on? Nae chance.

On 13/03/2023 at 16:20, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Official Hampden Park 3D jigsaw also available. Keep the kids busy for at least 3 years!

image.thumb.png.cb7b265ae4620d8ccec031f3e61322d4.png

No police horses or old firms bottling one and other outside the ground?? Disappointed. 

47 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bit like Subbuteo, you can buy supplementary packs to build an authentic matchday experience. Audio tapes also available.

What, with the all family friendly loyalist favourites??

Not sure how much more of this I can handle but fair play to Davidson, Longridge and Jarrett today. Davidson been continually in and out the side all season but had a good second half in midfield and right back. Longridge having played next to nothing coming into a position he hasn’t traditionally played to do a decent job. Similar story with Jarrett not having much game time but still looking sharp and chasing everything down to good effect. Clear Coyle has got the whole squad invested which is what we need.

A draw between Ayr and Dundee Tuesday would leave us 6 points clear and back on the same amount of games played, mental times.