The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

18 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

That's conclusive evidence I'm wide of the mark. Maybe it's a perception in the media that QP's home form is far better than away. Either way I stand corrected.

We've also scored 4 or more goals 5 times away from "home" this season - nobody else managed that more than once, and obviously a few teams haven't at all.

I’m gonna say at this point Morton(if they beat us on Sat) and Dundee are going to be the main title challengers I feel. Thistle have improved and obviously you’ve got Ayr but I just can’t see either building enough steam to win the title. 

Qp next four          Morton        Dundee 

Morton (H)           QP (A)         Cove (A)

Cove (H)               Ayr (H)        Thistle (A)

Inverness (H)      Thistle (H)    Ayr (H)

Arbroath (H)      Arbroath (A) Hamilton(H)

What’s noticeable about these upcoming fixtures are that Morton and Dundee have more than 1 game against teams in the play off hunt whereas we’ve only got one and of course every one of our games are at home. Its critical we get a result or at least not lose against Morton as I do worry about how strong Morton are at home  

Its entirely in our hands now, scary but so exciting 

I think tonight is the first time I have sat down and actually believed it is truly our league to throw away. March will be a huge month for us and a real chance to start racing away. Hard trying to keep a level head, part of me says we do it, and the other says we will hit a really bad patch of form

Edited by Matt 1867
Typo

51 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Frightening, fekkin frightening.

Bring on the Ton.

Breaking news Morton are coming on Saturday and I will be there, but my hope of getting to Hampden this year have been totally undone by the extensive rebuilding works ( well for the time it is taking they must be extensive)

Yes, looks like Dundee have been found out and a win for Queens might just put you out of distance of the chasing pack who will be fighting each other and dropping points.

A further bit of form information, we are happy to play top four opponents as our failure this year is a poor record against the two bottom teams.

I think if you can get to 65 points you're all but guaranteed to win it, even 62 would probably win it more often than not from here. 15-18 points out of 30. 

ETA: On the assumption we're not winning it, I want nothing more than for QP to win it as I have no desire to see you in the playoffs. 

Edited by Virtual Insanity

All comes down to what we do this month. We have to go to Raith, Ayr, Thistle and Morton in April. Even Thistle aren’t dead yet. If we lose one, they win one, they narrow it to four points and we still have to go there.

51 minutes ago, Paco said:

Four home games in a row to come, with three of them against the bottom half - Morton, Cove, ICT, Arbroath. 

Ten points from that and the league is in the bag?

On the other hand another 8 points means we can't finish lower than 8th.

49 minutes ago, Paco said:

Four home games in a row to come, with three of them against the bottom half - Morton, Cove, ICT, Arbroath. 

Ten points from that and the league is in the bag?

Games against players fighting for a new contract next season are a dangerous opponent; however we should be more than capable.

Our squad looks stronger going into the last ten games than it did for the first ten. 

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

Our squad looks stronger going into the last ten games than it did for the first ten. 

Especially given the fact that our January signings (Shields and Oakley) have hit the ground running.

23 minutes ago, QPFC67 said:

Especially given the fact that our January signings (Shields and Oakley) have hit the ground running.

Absolutely. Having a real chance of going up must make our players hungrier for that success and all it might bring. Still a long way to go and, knowing us, there will no doubt be stumbles. Really not used to this and almost cant bear to look. 

50 minutes ago, QPFC67 said:

In addition to those two, the bench on Saturday looked strong - the team was not going to be weakened, no matter who came on.