The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 16/02/2023 at 18:11, Tattie36 said:

There are no regulations to stop a club with a predominantly standing stadium playing in the Premiership anymore either.

Even UEFA have recognised this. Union Berlin have played all their Europa League games this season in a stadium that is entirely terraced on 3 sides. Proper terracing too, none of the rail seating shite.

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

If it’s down beside the ramp in to Hampden itself, won’t that just be the ticket pick up cabins they put out for cup games and internationals at Hampden? 

You're probably right but it's quite close to the access to Lesser that's being used by the "builders".

Getting to the business end of the season with only ten games to go. The next four are at Ochilview so I'm hoping for a good haul of points next month. However, the trouble with this league is that anyone can come up with a performance now and then with some unexpected results always being possible.

Morton next week will be a test for us as we've been put to the sword by them twice already this season. Their great comeback from one nil down in the last ten minutes against Cove today shows that they will be challenging right until the final whistle. That'll be tough for us if we don't have a decent cushion. The three games after that are against Cove, north Thistle, and Arbroath - each bring their own challenges. Possible 12 points to be gained in March and I'd hope to get all of them but, realistically, I'll settle for seven or eight as this would probably give us the cushion for a playoff spot. 

April will be difficult with away matches to Raith, Partick, Ayr, and Morton with a home game against Hamilton in the middle. Seven points would be a minimum here leaving the final game at home to Fundee an interesting prospect. They were overwhelming favourites to win the league this year but, despite having a great team,  have flattered to deceive this season (apart from against us). Getting a win over them would be great on the last day but I would prefer it was done and dusted before then.

At the start of the season I wanted to make a good account of ourselves in the Championship but now I believe that winning the league is now more than a possibility. Heady days indeed.

18 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Getting to the business end of the season with only ten games to go. The next four are at Ochilview so I'm hoping for a good haul of points next month. However, the trouble with this league is that anyone can come up with a performance now and then with some unexpected results always being possible.

Morton next week will be a test for us as we've been put to the sword by them twice already this season. Their great comeback from one nil down in the last ten minutes against Cove today shows that they will be challenging right until the final whistle. That'll be tough for us if we don't have a decent cushion. The three games after that are against Cove, north Thistle, and Arbroath - each bring their own challenges. Possible 12 points to be gained in March and I'd hope to get all of them but, realistically, I'll settle for seven or eight as this would probably give us the cushion for a playoff spot. 

April will be difficult with away matches to Raith, Partick, Ayr, and Morton with a home game against Hamilton in the middle. Seven points would be a minimum here leaving the final game at home to Fundee an interesting prospect. They were overwhelming favourites to win the league this year but, despite having a great team,  have flattered to deceive this season (apart from against us). Getting a win over them would be great on the last day but I would prefer it was done and dusted before then.

At the start of the season I wanted to make a good account of ourselves in the Championship but now I believe that winning the league is now more than a possibility. Heady days indeed.

We’re in a fantastic position currently. If you said to me that you would be top of the league with 10 games remaining and you have 4 consecutive home games coming up, 3 of which are against arguably the most out of form sides in the league, I’d of bit your hand off for that scenario. It’s in our hands now 

There’s still going to be twists and turns. We’re going to experience results that aren’t ideal but equally if we can take advantage of the next 4 homes games, we might have that breathing space to allow a couple poor results. 

Cannot underestimate how massive it would be if we could go and get a win next week against our bogey side Morton. We’ve lost 7 games this season, 6 of which are against the sides in the top 4 currently. If we can pick up just a few extra points from these teams, we’ve proven we’re able to take care of the teams at the bottom half. 

Edited by qpfc

Congratulations to QP on winning the league, i only hope you enjoy the good times and it doesn't go tits up. I fear a rapid fall from grace in the coming years and i truly hope you survive and don't end up in the position you tried to avoid by going full time. With Wullie in charge i do fear the worst though, he does have previous!

26 minutes ago, chattyman said:

Congratulations to QP on winning the league, i only hope you enjoy the good times and it doesn't go tits up. I fear a rapid fall from grace in the coming years and i truly hope you survive and don't end up in the position you tried to avoid by going full time. With Wullie in charge i do fear the worst though, he does have previous!

More than a little premature, perhaps.

59 minutes ago, chattyman said:

Thanks for taking the time to come on here and share your concern.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Thanks for taking the time to come on here and share your concern.

Not so much a concern, just reality. Screenshotted for the inevitble knicker wetting in the coming 36 months. You done a deal with the devil in Wullie H.

Edited by chattyman

Maybe we could just feel happy for a club that spent the better part of the last few decades in the basement of Scottish football, and enjoy the novelty of Scotland's oldest club back in the top division (if it should happen - "many a slip twixt cup and lip", and all that).  I for one would love to see QP playing against Celtic and Rangers (though naturally I'd prefer that if we were there too!)

I think any suggestion that QP will crash and burn like Gretna, or that they're living beyond their means, is a little presumptuous.  Why not just see how it all pans out, and let them enjoy the trip?

30 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

If we beat Morton I am confident the league will be ours. The confidence and belief is building week by week.

Some wild possibilities being discussed yesterday evening as we left NDP; two young men ahead of myself saying win the next four home games and then clinch the league against Partick Thistle.

I would self-combust at such an outcome. 

52 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Some wild possibilities being discussed yesterday evening as we left NDP; two young men ahead of myself saying win the next four home games and then clinch the league against Partick Thistle.

I would self-combust at such an outcome. 

Wasn't me. I don't qualify for the "young" tag. I shall watch the sky after the Thistle game and hope to see a warm orange glow!

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

If we beat Morton I am confident the league will be ours. The confidence and belief is building week by week.

We feel exactly the same about Queens - simply because you’re the furthest away from us points-wise, you’re still front runners - and still very much the team to beat. Not discounting Dundee, Raith or Partick snapping at our heels either.  It’s going to be an arse-puckering next few weeks for sure. I just went on Amazon to order my nerves of steel. Best of luck to you.

Regardless of what happens, what a season on the pitch. Think it’s six times we’ve scored four or more in the league in all competitions. I’m not sure how many times I’d seen us score more than four on the road combined before that.

I was really worried about yesterday, but these lads are just brilliant and the manager is a breath of fresh air around the club. It’s been an absolute joy to watch at times. 

On 26/02/2023 at 13:03, an86 said:

Regardless of what happens, what a season on the pitch. Think it’s six times we’ve scored four or more in the league in all competitions. I’m not sure how many times I’d seen us score more than four on the road combined before that.

I was really worried about yesterday, but these lads are just brilliant and the manager is a breath of fresh air around the club. It’s been an absolute joy to watch at times. 

When did QP start wearing Rangers cast off socks ?