The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We’ll learn from it! Sounds like Nicola Fucking Sturgeon. 

Doesn’t matter how much it’s fucked up, how many times it’s fucked up, as long as we’re learning.  

Are Police Scotland or NHS managers involved here?

Sounds their standard response anyway Cappielow that Saturday is good to go.

On 02/02/2023 at 13:24, Northsea80 said:

Not the best but between lengths of fence/barrier tape and the pitch, there’s a trench that’s been dug out. 

BFF4081A-4C28-4C92-BE2B-8436CD9C95B1.jpeg

089BE840-B1CD-4166-9F95-5DF40D42F413.jpeg

Heard the site agent just realised  with all the recent rain it would be a good idea to install some drainage.

Seeming OC failed to check the drawings. Well is he not the only competent person at this club.

444096892_Lesser20232.thumb.jpeg.ed55f26e0b4ef8aced312b47b981e23f.jpeg

I still think there is room on the north side to build a big stand, which would enable the club to play in the SPL. If you look at the red lines I have drawn and compare their size to the dumper truck, I think there's the ability to build quite high without causing any further obstruction to the residents behind, and if that bank can be shifted there's enough space going back. You could have 2,000 seats behind there, or a terrace of 3,000 IMHO (given the terrace capacities of Exeter FC and AFC Halifax Town). If it curved round the corner on the west side, it could still be a decent, albeit compact, ground. 

2 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I still think there is room on the north side to build a big stand, which would enable the club to play in the SPL. If you look at the red lines I have drawn and compare their size to the dumper truck, I think there's the ability to build quite high without causing any further obstruction to the residents behind, and if that bank can be shifted there's enough space going back. You could have 2,000 seats behind there, or a terrace of 3,000 IMHO (given the terrace capacities of Exeter FC and AFC Halifax Town). If it curved round the corner on the west side, it could still be a decent, albeit compact, ground.

At least part of that end is earmarked for residential development.

There are plans to build a shallow stand at the other end nearer the camera.

33 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

At least part of that end is earmarked for residential development.

Can't believe we are going to sell part of the only side of the ground we have any room to do anything with. 

Wonder if this is needed to replace the £800k+ we threw away sacking the original builders?

43 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Leanne Dempster just said she hasn’t been to Lesser Hampden in all the time she’s been at the club! How is that even possible if you’re Chief Executive? Aren’t they based out of the offices there? 

I assumed you must be mistaken - but evidently not. She does say she hasn't yet been.

Maybe really meant she hasn't been inside i.e. 'on site'? or for games?!

"We're excited about getting into Lesser Hampden. I haven't actually been there since I've been at the club and that's just over 2 years now. We will be playing at Lesser this year."

In the context of both debacles, this was also a rather interesting retort:

"Do you feel as a club Queen's Park are prepared if they did infact win promotion to the top flight?".

"I think like everything else we just focus on now - if you had asked me the question this time last year, are you ready and prepared to go into the Championship, then I don't think we were expecting to be in the Championship this time last year. I think we just need to do our business. If we get to the Premier League then we will deal with that, but it's a very big if. We just take it as it comes. If we get there we will deal with it".

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I assumed you must be mistaken - but evidently not. She hasn't yet been to the new ground:

"We're excited about getting into Lesser Hampden. I haven't actually been there since I've been at the club and that's just over 2 years now. We will be playing at Lesser this year."

"Do you feel as a club Queen's Park are prepared if they did infact win promotion to the top flight?".

"I think like everything else we just focus on now - if you had asked me the question this time last year, are you ready and prepared to go into the Championship, then I don't think we were expecting to be in the Championship this time last year. I think we just need to do our business. If we get to the Premier League then we will deal with that, but it's a very big if. We just take it as it comes. If we get there we will deal with it".

Basically laughing through the part of being chucked out the cup. I’m genuinely gobsmacked at that. What a boot in the balls for the fans*

*Haha

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I assumed you must be mistaken - but evidently not. She hasn't yet been to the new ground:

Didn't she also refer to the "Hampden Campus" and claim Lesser is a "fabulous stadium.."?

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I thought I’d misheard as well so hit rewind to watch it again! That’s incredible that in all her time in charge at the club she hasn’t actually been to Lesser Hampden. 

1 hour ago, Northsea80 said:

I thought I’d misheard as well so hit rewind to watch it again! That’s incredible that in all her time in charge at the club she hasn’t actually been to Lesser Hampden. 

She works in the office there all the time 

She means we haven’t played a game there