The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

So scunnered for the players. Superb attitude to bounce back and win after Saturday. I’m raging, so I can only imagine how the guys who actually put the legwork in feel. They deserved the reward of a place in the next round. 

The bond between players, staff and fans is strong, as we saw at the end last night. It was a really great moment. As with every good thing we do, the club ends up pishing all over it with something spectacularly incompetent.

The ongoing Lesser Hampden and musical stadiums saga, coupled with a general air of disorganised shambles, culminating in last night’s farce, fairly simply tells you that the custodians of our football club are not doing their job properly. That all comes down to who is heading up the “projects” and who is responsible for delegating duties within the football club. That person should be considering their position.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

In other slightly less depressing news, Marcel Oakley has joined on loan from Birmingham City having spent the first half of the season at Arbroath where he did very well in a poor team.

It'll be good for Davidson to have a bit of competition at right back. I rate him, especially going forward, but I've felt a few times this season that it's probably not his natural position.

Got yersels a guid een there, good luck to the wee man

My quick overview of squad depth following the close of the window.  My feelings are that we have enough people, but our depth in some areas is left wanting. Those with * notes the more versatile players in the squad. 

also, does anyone know what is going on with Lewis Moore? 

CABFF6D3-D21A-4363-BCCF-5CE36E0CF339.jpeg

Noticed they’ve started excavation work at the Somerville Drive end of Lesser. 

Also technical areas, 4th officials areas also being installed. Definitely justifies the elevated Royal Box! If the higher ups had been seated at the rear of a regular stand of maybe 10 rows, There’s a chance their view may have been partially obscured by the 4th officials wee bus shelter area. Now I get why 800 or so have been excluded from being seated at the west side of the stadium. 

53 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

My quick overview of squad depth following the close of the window.  My feelings are that we have enough people, but our depth in some areas is left wanting. Those with * notes the more versatile players in the squad. 

also, does anyone know what is going on with Lewis Moore? 

CABFF6D3-D21A-4363-BCCF-5CE36E0CF339.jpeg

I see Brown in there. Was expecting him to move on, or go on loan, this window. 

12 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Noticed they’ve started excavation work at the Somerville Drive end of Lesser. 

Also technical areas, 4th officials areas also being installed. Definitely justifies the elevated Royal Box! If the higher ups had been seated at the rear of a regular stand of maybe 10 rows, There’s a chance their view may have been partially obscured by the 4th officials wee bus shelter area. Now I get why 800 or so have been excluded from being seated at the west side of the stadium. 

Strange. There’s no planning consent for that end. Even a temporary stand for that space or length of time would need consent. Are they maybe clearing space for a lay-down area to build the stand at the other end?

Space had already been cleared. They’ve broken ground, there’s a sizeable trench just behind the pitch. I’ll try and get a couple of photos tomorrow. 
The good news is, it’s the same company who did all the excavation for the east stand! The main guy was frequently asleep in his Range Rover pretty much every time I passed Lesser. So any work should be on track for 2025/26!

2 hours ago, an86 said:

So scunnered for the players. Superb attitude to bounce back and win after Saturday. I’m raging, so I can only imagine how the guys who actually put the legwork in feel. They deserved the reward of a place in the next round. 

The bond between players, staff and fans is strong, as we saw at the end last night. It was a really great moment. As with every good thing we do, the club ends up pishing all over it with something spectacularly incompetent.

The ongoing Lesser Hampden and musical stadiums saga, coupled with a general air of disorganised shambles, culminating in last night’s farce, fairly simply tells you that the custodians of our football club are not doing their job properly. That all comes down to who is heading up the “projects” and who is responsible for delegating duties within the football club. That person should be considering their position.

The club should call a 'clear the air meeting' with the fans, season ticket holders and members. Communication has been dreadful and we're all in the dark. I accept that they club won't say anything before Friday's decision on the eligibility issue which is probably the correct thing to do. However, there are also a whole range of issues the fans (not just members) need some clarity on. For starters - 

1. Henderson's eligibility and what led to the problem (irrespective of the outcome)
  2. What was wrong with the original design for Lesser
  3. What the current approved plans are for Lesser and what are the hoped for next stages
  4. When will we get in to Lesser - what has caused the delays
  5. Where are we playing next season
    1. if we're in the Championship
    2. if (by chance) we make it to the Premiership
  6. What is the role of the Committee now we have a Chief Executive and a management team
  7. What is the management structure of the club - who are the paid officers, where do they fit in to the structure and what are their responsibilities.

Supporting this club is a rollercoaster with brilliant highs and then feeling like we're being punched in the face for celebrating. The agony and ecstasy of being a QP supporter.

I feel for the players and the coaching staff.

6 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

The club should call a 'clear the air meeting' with the fans, season ticket holders and members. Communication has been dreadful and we're all in the dark. I accept that they club won't say anything before Friday's decision on the eligibility issue which is probably the correct thing to do. However, there are also a whole range of issues the fans (not just members) need some clarity on. For starters - 

1. Henderson's eligibility and what led to the problem (irrespective of the outcome)
  3. What the current approved plans are for Lesser and what are the hoped for next stages
  6. What is the role of the Committee now we have a Chief Executive and a management team
  7. What is the management structure of the club - who are the paid officers, where do they fit in to the structure and what are their responsibilities.

Supporting this club is a rollercoaster with brilliant highs and then feeling like we're being punched in the face for celebrating. The agony and ecstasy of being a QP supporter.

Personally, I’m beyond this now. We’ve been strung along and fed so many bullshit lines about the stadium issues that there would be no reason to believe anything that was said. 

28 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Space had already been cleared. They’ve broken ground, there’s a sizeable trench just behind the pitch. I’ll try and get a couple of photos tomorrow. 
The good news is, it’s the same company who did all the excavation for the east stand! The main guy was frequently asleep in his Range Rover pretty much every time I passed Lesser. So any work should be on track for 2025/26!

Glad to see there’s continuity. Strong and stable!

1 hour ago, GM1867 said:

If it’s anything like the AGM, those in charge either won’t show up or if they do, won’t give a straight answer to any questions that are remotely challenging 

12 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

If it’s anything like the AGM, those in charge either won’t show up or if they do, won’t give a straight answer to any questions that are remotely challenging 

Well, there is that I suppose.  I'd accept written answers to fans questions, even here on P&B if they wish. I just want some communication from the club.

What an embarrassment for a club that was noted for administration in the early days of the sport. The contribution we made to football as we now know it owes a lot to the Scotch Professors in general and QPFC in particular. Robert Gardner and Andrew Watson are two wonderful administrators (amongst many others) from our past that shaped the modern game. 

Share the same feelings regarding the bond this group of players have with the fans. Obviously winning games has helped in that aspect but there genuinely seems to be some great characters in this squad. I’ve noticed throughout several games this season that the players all usher the guys over to the fans when we score, particularly away from home. Even from the Inverness highlights, you see savoury getting Williamson over to the fans when he scores. You can tell how much Coyle values the supporters and he’s engrained that into the squad

Must of been pretty awful for the players coming back from Inverness after the game. Would imagine word got around pretty rapidly regarding the ineligible Henderson.