The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’m not arguing with you, but generally in SFA rules there’s always a ‘but’. The table of sanctions makes reference to clause 11.5. 

I’m only posting this in the desperate hope that our directors/secretary read it and they figure out what to do with it. What the “exceptional circumstance” would be I’ve no idea and wouldn’t want to speculate.

image.thumb.png.0384d056aee037b86a6387d2fed23909.png

I understand, but after mulling it over, I suspect your hope would be under JPP 303. The punishments are listed A and/or B and/or C, the and/or leaves a small window for an out….but it would be financial or future exclusion if not current expulsion. It may seem strange, but the best thing the Club could do is call the SFA and withdraw from the Cup, citing a paperwork error, due to carelessness. You might keep the cash that way and avoid a fine, because I don’t see any way the JP will allow QP to continue.

Editted to add: Personal opinion, no inside knowledge of SFA or JP actions etc, just long experience in a similar field with cumbersome rules and regulations.

Edited by TxRover

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I understand, but after mulling it over, I suspect your hope would be under JPP 303. The punishments are listed A and/or B and/or C, the and/or leaves a small window for an out….but it would be financial or future exclusion if not current expulsion. It may seem strange, but the best thing the Club could do is call the SFA and withdraw from the Cup, citing a paperwork error, due to carelessness. You might keep the cash that way and avoid a fine, because I don’t see any way the JP will allow QP to continue.

Yup, no excuse, someone has f**cked up. Take the punishment now, move on, and put smth in place to ensure its not repeated. 

41 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

I wouldn't be leaving any mince pies or carrots out. The 4-1 drubbing you took off us a few weeks back isn't going to be overturned.

That's okay, seeing the Glasgow Gretna get emptied for once rather than endlessly pandered to will be a consolation.

4 hours ago, GM1867 said:

We're short of leaders in the administration of the club. On the footballing side we're doing well, even better than expected, but those that are running the club seem to be dogged by mistake after mistake. The communication from the club is also pretty dire - we someone tasked with looking after this and operating at a much higher level.

Would you include dempster when you say those running the club seem to be dogged by mistake after mistake?

21 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

1.  He's not going anywhere!

2. Lol at the other clubs thinking he's gone.

3. Noooo, gutted.

4.  Snakey fucker.

5. Thanks for the memories.

6.  Never liked him anyway.

Queens Park racing through the stages of grief tonight!

Don't think any of us are at 5 or 6 yet

In other slightly less depressing news, Marcel Oakley has joined on loan from Birmingham City having spent the first half of the season at Arbroath where he did very well in a poor team.

It'll be good for Davidson to have a bit of competition at right back. I rate him, especially going forward, but I've felt a few times this season that it's probably not his natural position.

Edited by Zanetti

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Would you include dempster when you say those running the club seem to be dogged by mistake after mistake?

Look; this woman is Queens very own Liz Truss, she's already lost us £800,000 in the first instalment of the Lesser rebuild and no doubt she'll never accept responsibility for any of it, and who knows how much this gaff will cost.

But without a doubt she is where the buck stops.

However remember who replaced Truss, we have to be careful what we wish for, we might get another Sunak worshipper.

11 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Look; this woman is Queens very own Liz Truss, she's already lost us £800,000 in the first instalment of the Lesser rebuild and no doubt she'll never accept responsibility for any of it, and who knows how much this gaff will cost.

But without a doubt she is where the buck stops.

However remember who replaced Truss, we have to be careful what we wish for, we might get another Sunak worshipper.

Don’t panic. The Laird’s a Labour man. My money’s on Gordon Brown.