The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Talking about this with my mates in group chat last night, I just cannot see QP being the same threat without Murray spearheading that attack. Obviously have other dangerous players but Murray has been so good. 

Do you think you’ll now fall away or are you still confident? 

A less snide reply would be: yes - we've still got plenty of goals in the team. A lot will depend on how quickly Henderson and Shields get up to speed. But they've both been good at this level and I think Bueker will have done his homework - so I'm hopeful there. 

11 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Last night's win was important irrespective of what happens today. Murray leaves, no time for any doubt to set in and a confidence boosting performance before Friday. 

We played well last night, there was a real hunger and desire about the performance, and the reaction from the players at full time was fantastic to see.

I'm slightly concerned that if we do get chucked out the cup it could knock the wind out of our sails a bit though. Fingers crossed I'm wrong, but either way we need clarification ASAP so everyone can move on.

32 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I'm slightly concerned that if we do get chucked out the cup it could knock the wind out of our sails a bit though. Fingers crossed I'm wrong, but either way we need clarification ASAP so everyone can move on.

We’re short of leaders in the team but I’d like to think the likes of Fox and Kilday would be up on their feet with a “we’ll fucking show them” speech as a door gets booted open Terry Butcher style. 

10 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

What do you expect them to say? They should do all their talking at the tribunal then make an announcement once the tribunal has made its decision. 

The silence is notable.

Widespread reporting that there 'might' have been a breach.

If QP had info to shoot that down (like he signed a week before the announcement was actually made and they checked his eligibility) they would have got that info out ASAP (like Morton did to shoot down the speculation that Ambrose was ineligible when playing his first game for us).

The silence is actually quite telling here.

19 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

What do you expect them to say? They should do all their talking at the tribunal then make an announcement once the tribunal has made its decision. 

I expect the club to say f**k all, that's what they have done for the last two years after all.

8 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

I expect the club to say f**k all, that's what they have done for the last two years after all.

I agree but in this situation it's best to say nothing. If it turns out that we played an ineligible player then that is very disappointing but pales into insignificance compared to the utter shambles of the stadium rebuild.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We’re short of leaders in the team but I’d like to think the likes of Fox and Kilday would be up on their feet with a “we’ll fucking show them” speech as a door gets booted open Terry Butcher style. 

We're short of leaders in the administration of the club. On the footballing side we're doing well, even better than expected, but those that are running the club seem to be dogged by mistake after mistake. The communication from the club is also pretty dire - we someone tasked with looking after this and operating at a much higher level.

57 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I agree but in this situation it's best to say nothing. If it turns out that we played an ineligible player then that is very disappointing but pales into insignificance compared to the utter shambles of the stadium rebuild.

I don't think they can say anything until the inevitable SFA charge is published. Then it's a formality to hold hands up and say we accept the charge, apologise and potentially ask for mitigating factors to be taken into consideration. Though in reality there are none and you'll be thrown out as that's the precedent.

You can't make a statement about being guilty of something you've not been formally accused of yet.

Edited by Skyline Drifter