The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Just now, Spiders67 said:

If this actually ends up us getting dumped out the cup what a kick in the teeth that would be for the hardy souls who travelled up there on a Tuesday night in January. The ineptitude at this club never ceases to amaze me 

If it happens, every single fan who travelled up tonight should be reimbursed for their travel and ticket by the club.

If true, what's particularly interesting is how on earth any club... nevermind a professional club gunning for promotion to Premiership... could manage to do this.

Been a rule for decades (maybe forever?) - and clubs have prominently fallen foul of it within recent memory e.g. East Stirlingshire and Brechin.

Nowadays it should be standard for every club signing a player to check the time bar just like suspensions or being cup-tied.

EDIT: Incidentally expulsion's a mandatory punishment under the rules it's not a discretionary offence.

Edited by HibeeJibee

The only way I can think that we may get away with it was that Henderson had been taking part in the training throughout the week prior to him being announced on the social media accounts going by the photos. Maybe he was registered in time but can’t say I’m confident at all. 

Some day 

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, Miguel Ángel Espínola said:

I know mate Lord Haugheys millions just aren't good enough he is away chasing Roy MacGregors cash cow raking it in from global energy profiteering on the back of a cost of living crisis

How exactly is Roy Macgregor profiteering from the cost of living crisis? You do know that global energy aren’t an energy company right?

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

If true, what's particularly interesting is how on earth any club... nevermind a professional club gunning for promotion to Premiership... could manage to do this.

Been a rule for decades (maybe forever?) - and clubs have prominently fallen foul of it within recent memory e.g. East Stirlingshire and Brechin.

Nowadays it should be standard for every club signing a player to check the time bar just like suspensions or being cup-tied.

EDIT: Incidentally expulsion's a mandatory punishment under the rules it's not a discretionary offence.

Unfortunately the club is still being administered by the same blazers from the amateur days. I believe it’s the club secretary’s responsibility for such things and if that’s the case, the chap involved has previous. Not to mention the club’s mess of the construction contracts. However, it is more than feasible that the paperwork was right and announcement withheld. One very obvious reason would be to not alert certain parties on the Simon Murray dealings. Might also have been at the request of Hearts.

We should get clarity tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Unfortunately the club is still being administered by the same blazers from the amateur days. I believe it’s the club secretary’s responsibility for such things and if that’s the case, the chap involved has previous. Not to mention the club’s mess of the construction contracts. However, it is more than feasible that the paperwork was right and announcement withheld. One very obvious reason would be to not alert certain parties on the Simon Murray dealings. Might also have been at the request of Hearts.

We should get clarity tomorrow.

Seems overly hopeful thinking he might have signed a week prior but possible.

Morton registered Efe Ambrose days before his signing was announced, so that his suspension from his time at Dunfermline was served before the signing was even announced.

Unusual though.