The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Simon Murray mugging off both Queen's Park and Dundee is very pleasing. Hopefully he does the same to the Dingwall racists and opts for a move somewhere else to complete the hat trick.

I'm fucking delighted he's not joined us tbh. 

22 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If it’s a PCA does that not mean he’s with us til the end of season?

Yes, that’s exactly it.

12 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If it's true, I'd leave him out the team until the end of the season and give some of the other guys some game time. I'm hoping it isn't true and he'll be banging them in until the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

If its a pca then I believe he would stay till summer. But why sign a pca with a team that is potentially in a relegation battle. However Daily Record Live Transfer page currently saying he has left "according to Go Radio" Who knows. 

Correct, but it’s not uncommon for a player with a PCA to get sent off in a deal early rather than deal with a possible changing room cancer.

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

How funny will it be if we beat the Staggies in the play-offs. 

Quite amusing, but remember if he’s only on a PCA, it’s not even enforceable, he can walk. If you lot get a few practice balls in exchange for letting him go now, he’d have to sign a contract with Ross now…

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

💉

Is this the catalyst for the penny finally dropping and "Queen's Park" fans realising that their club has devolved into nothing more than a financially doped mercenary outpost? For their sakes, I sure do hope so!

Be honest, you'd swap it for the nosedive that you're in.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just to reinforce the already obvious idea that he's left QP, he's named on the bench for Ross County tonight:

If by some miracle we stay up, I’d imagine he’ll be back in the Championship next season.   

I see on Twitter fans going down route of calling him a snake etc. It’s pretty evident he’s left for financial reasons but let’s not forget that’s the main reason he pitched up to us in league 2, let’s not kid ourselves. You’ve got to look out for yourself, that’s the hard reality at this level. Majority of us wanted him binned before the play offs 

Yes, we helped through his rehab and yes we stood by him even when he was playing very poorly in league 1 but he’s gave many of the support the best moments ever supporting the club and that shouldn’t be forgotten about. He single handedly dragged us through the play offs and has been nothing short of phenomenal in the championship for us. 

The immediate feeling of his departure is obviously absolutely gutted. It’s ultimately going to have an impact on our season and I do think it’ll rule us out of title race over the next couple months. I’ll wish him all the best, he’s resurrected his career pretty tremendously and he’s been a great fit for us and Qp have been a great fit for him. Easily been one of my favourite players to have played for the club. 

*furiously begging for county relegation now 

Edited by qpfc

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

If by some miracle we stay up, I’d imagine he’ll be back in the Championship next season.   

That really is his limit tbh! Not the worst player to have come off the bench in a relegation battle though.

13 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Gutted as f**k. No one else was prepared to put him through medical care and pay him for months while he recovered in the hope he'd be fit again.

Glad you said it HD. Rescued him from South Africa too. Not to mention the blind eye when he wanted to get married mid-season. Hilltown tinkie 🖕

It's a kick in the teeth to bugger off mid-season with your team still top of the league, but that's football I suppose. What's also football is going from loving a guy when he's playing for you to hoping he fails spectacularly the minute he's out the door.

As for how the club have handled this, it'd be very interesting to know what sort of money was felt to be enough to totally forfeit any realistic chance of maintaining a title challenge. Murray wasn't our best player, and I don't think he's been our best player this season, but it leaves an enormous hole in the team that I'd be very surprised if Henderson/Shields was able to fill.