The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Agents love to plant stories about interest in their players. Remember last year when we were supposedly interested in signing Leigh Griffiths? No sooner was it in the press than he signed for our nearest challengers, Falkirk. What a coup for the Bairns. I wonder who tipped the press off that we "were after him"?  The same guy who was told that we weren't, no doubt.

Possibly we have the same situation with McPake. He, like a lot of players at the Club, has improved significantly under Coyle and he would be daft to leave. His career had stalled before he came to us and he's now an integral part of the team at the top of the Championship.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Not sure he'll have much of a say in it if Rangers want to offload him. I think he's improved since the start of the season, but I don't know if he's the sort of player we're likely to spend money to keep. I suppose that might depend on what the clubs down south are offering!

Did we not think the same about Thomson? I think we should make serious moves to sign McPake.

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Not sure he'll have much of a say in it if Rangers want to offload him. I think he's improved since the start of the season, but I don't know if he's the sort of player we're likely to spend money to keep. I suppose that might depend on what the clubs down south are offering!

Yeovil & Gateshead are both in the bottom six of the National League  - looks like a dead end move if he goes to either. Assuming we have made him a reasonable   offer, you'd hope the possibility of playing in the premiership next season and  maybe even showing the Rangers they were wrong to let him go would be tempting for him even if we are offering a few bob less. 

Incredible oversight by the club to use Dundee's latest signing to promote our new kit launch. 

As for the new top itself, love it and already ordered. Always a fan of a ridiculous kit design, and even better that profits from it are going to the Glasgow Children's Hospital.

Can't end my post without saying once again it's frustrating to see us do some things so well this season having done other things so unbelievably badly. 

The white flash has a bit of the Marvel about it but maybe that’s appropriate this season. When they launched in the summer the shirts came first and looked much better when they had the full kit. Blue shorts and green socks would be dandy. Or maybe yellow socks with a red trim 😉

Davis Cup starts on Feb 3rd. 12 different locations across the world. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks