The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

55 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

does anyone else wonder when they see these things...

image.png.4b51446d67e21a01af5faa0d2fd8842c.png

How much money we are getting.

If we are getting more than a tenner for sponsoring our team sheets, they are doing a great job!!

Kind of odd this one; we have a director who’s part of a document data business. But not this one. Maybe it’s a free toner deal.

Next up will be a scaffolding contractor for the media team to put all their equipment on, given they forgot to build a camera gantry in the brand new stand.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

National League clubs Gateshead and Yeovil are lining up moves for Rangers winger Josh McPake, who is currently on loan to Queen's Park, with the Ibrox club willing to let the 21-year-old leave this month on a permanent transfer. 

2 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Was just about to post similar. Surely McPake is on a season-long loan... would Rangers be able to recall him and punt him in this window?  

Dundee United done it with us for Logan Chalmers.  Another loan, but will be receiving a fee and probably covering all his wages.

2 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Was just about to post similar. Surely McPake is on a season-long loan... would Rangers be able to recall him and punt him in this window?  

Usually there's an option to recall loanees if the parent club wants them back. McPake is out of contract at the end of the season and Rangers clearly don't think he's good enough to be part of their first team, so I suppose it makes sense for them to cash in while they still can.

28 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Usually there's an option to recall loanees if the parent club wants them back. McPake is out of contract at the end of the season and Rangers clearly don't think he's good enough to be part of their first team, so I suppose it makes sense for them to cash in while they still can.

Surely he aims to play higher than the national league though? Think he'll want to stay with us to the end of the season as he has the chance to get promoted and put that on his CV

17 minutes ago, QPFC67 said:

Surely he aims to play higher than the national league though? Think he'll want to stay with us to the end of the season as he has the chance to get promoted and put that on his CV

Not sure he'll have much of a say in it if Rangers want to offload him. I think he's improved since the start of the season, but I don't know if he's the sort of player we're likely to spend money to keep. I suppose that might depend on what the clubs down south are offering!

I think McPake has improved considerably since the start of the season and I’d like to see him stay for the season but I can’t say I’d be going above and beyond to pay money for him permanently. He’s got a really good strike on him but I’m still to be convinced in a number of areas for him to be deemed a top player at this level 

11 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I think McPake has improved considerably since the start of the season and I’d like to see him stay for the season but I can’t say I’d be going above and beyond to pay money for him permanently. He’s got a really good strike on him but I’m still to be convinced in a number of areas for him to be deemed a top player at this level 

Agreed, he has improved and is worthy of his place as a regular starter. If I were him then anyone offering you a contract beyond the summer has to be taken seriously and I wouldn't blame him for trying to secure a longer contract, whichever league that might be in. 

Our DoF and coaches have worked their magic with more than a few players this last 12 months and if they see McPake contributing positively to our cause then am sure they would look to offer a permanent deal. Whether we match Gateshead is another matter.   

Either way - I would applaud Josh for his efforts.  

42 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Agreed, he has improved and is worthy of his place as a regular starter. If I were him then anyone offering you a contract beyond the summer has to be taken seriously and I wouldn't blame him for trying to secure a longer contract, whichever league that might be in. 

Our DoF and coaches have worked their magic with more than a few players this last 12 months and if they see McPake contributing positively to our cause then am sure they would look to offer a permanent deal. Whether we match Gateshead is another matter.   

Either way - I would applaud Josh for his efforts.  

According to this  https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-queens-park-and-gateshead-make-moves-to-sign-rangers-forward-josh-mcpake/

its us & Gateshead that are interested & he has 18 months to run on his contract.

image.png.53ddafb9bce7aed5a635d2f0f38bfac7.png

Dismal Dees fans getting all excited at rumours of Sexy Simon Murray signing for them.  He'd be aff his trolley to even contemplate it. Ditto Owen Coyle moving.

Guys like putting the winning of things on their CVs. Winning the Championship, or even going up via the play offs,  with QP would be a very good entry on yer CV.

Edited by Hampden Diehard